mereal

Wanna be a US. Citizen

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi guys, in this October I will be having my green card for three years, I’m married to a us citizen since 2015, I got my green card on October 2015, I applied for the 10 years green card last year,  on October 2018 I will be having my green card for 3 years, I heard that I can start filling my citizenship application three months before .. if any body had the same experience I would love to hear from you guys about this .. any information would be so appreciated.. I’m exited to start my application for the citizenship I just wanna know what to do exactly and how long it gonna takes before I become a us citizen 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you have your 10 year green card you may want to wait a few years and file under the 5 year rule. From what I have read on the forums it is a easier process with less documentation and you wouldn't have to fork over any more money so soon after your 10 year card. But, then again with the current administration, may be best to get that application filed as soon as possible. I just know there is the 3 year rule for Married to a USC, then the 5 year rule cuts a lot of paperwork out because it is based on the 5 year residency not the marriage. Just throwing this information out there. I would probably want my citizenship as fast as possible if I was going for it.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

4 hours ago, mereal said:

Hi guys, in this October I will be having my green card for three years, I’m married to a us citizen since 2015, I got my green card on October 2015, I applied for the 10 years green card last year,  on October 2018 I will be having my green card for 3 years, I heard that I can start filling my citizenship application three months before .. if any body had the same experience I would love to hear from you guys about this .. any information would be so appreciated.. I’m exited to start my application for the citizenship I just wanna know what to do exactly and how long it gonna takes before I become a us citizen 

I filed my N-400 on a 3 year basis ie. 3 years married to US Citizen with 3 years residency. I filed online. You are correct you can start your application 3 months ahead of your 3 months residency/ marriage. You need to prepare the documents such as your Green Card, Marriage Contract, Birth Certificate of your husband, 3 years tax transcript from IRS, if you have child/ children you need to attach their birth certificate, bank statement, life insurance. For me it is convenient to apply on line. You can review again and again  before you submit it. You can pay online too using your credit/ debit card. I submit my application last June 29, 2018 Friday night and Monday I have notification that they received my application. Monday also I have notification for my Biometric appointment on July 16. Today I received from the mail the copies of these 2 Notifications.

Edited by EireneFaith

Timeline
23 hours ago, EireneFaith said:

I filed my N-400 on a 3 year basis ie. 3 years married to US Citizen with 3 years residency. I filed online. You are correct you can start your application 3 months ahead of your 3 months residency/ marriage. You need to prepare the documents such as your Green Card, Marriage Contract, Birth Certificate of your husband, 3 years tax transcript from IRS, if you have child/ children you need to attach their birth certificate, bank statement, life insurance. For me it is convenient to apply on line. You can review again and again  before you submit it. You can pay online too using your credit/ debit card. I submit my application last June 29, 2018 Friday night and Monday I have notification that they received my application. Monday also I have notification for my Biometric appointment on July 16. Today I received from the mail the copies of these 2 Notifications.

Thanks sir for making time yo answer my questions, I just want to say that I only have th two years green card and it expired last year. I still didn’t receive my ten years green card  , so is it ok to use my expired green card? Thanks again

7 minutes ago, mereal said:

Thanks sir for making time yo answer my questions, I just want to say that I only have th two years green card and it expired last year. I still didn’t receive my ten years green card  , so is it ok to use my expired green card? Thanks again

Other immigrants that filed for the Removal of Condition are applying for Naturalization while they are waiting for their green card to come.. You are eligible on a 3 year basis married to USC for 3 years and been permanent Resident for 3 years on October 2018. 3 months prior to this date you can start the application but still the Immigration will wait to complete your 3 years residency before they start the processing of your application. While you are waiting better gather the documents that you need to attach to your application. Yes you can use the expired green card and attach also the extension letter from the removal of condition.

Timeline
2 hours ago, EireneFaith said:

Other immigrants that filed for the Removal of Condition are applying for Naturalization while they are waiting for their green card to come.. You are eligible on a 3 year basis married to USC for 3 years and been permanent Resident for 3 years on October 2018. 3 months prior to this date you can start the application but still the Immigration will wait to complete your 3 years residency before they start the processing of your application. While you are waiting better gather the documents that you need to attach to your application. Yes you can use the expired green card and attach also the extension letter from the removal of condition.

Thanks so much! Your help is so appreciated 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.