nikha

San Jose, CA Field Office

417 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, nikha said:

Congo @Amador Please keep us posted with the date once you receive the interview letter

Thanks Nikha. When do you have you interview appointment?

34 minutes ago, Amador said:

Thanks Nikha. When do you have you interview appointment?

@Amador you can see everyone's interview appt etc on the google spreadsheet.

Today morning, i searched around and located all of my past expired passports as i get ready for my interview on Mar 12 - Phew i was able to locate them all..

Edited by toravir
typo

Timeline
3 minutes ago, toravir said:

@Amador you can see everyone's interview appt etc on the google spreadsheet.

Today morning, i searched around to located all of my past expired passports as i get ready for my interview on Mar 12 - Phew i was able to locate them all..

Thank youToravir

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, nikha said:

@mdashali I noticed you got done with your interview ? Everything went fine ? Anything you would be comfortable sharing with the forums is much appreciated

I had my interview yesterday. Was there 20 minutes early but had to wait over an hour past my interview time. The officer was a young kid. He was nice but displayed a whiff of bureaucratic arrogance. Anyways, he asked me a few questions just like others and I was able to get them all right. Then read a sentence from an iPad and write on it with your finger. After that he went through a series of questions you will respond "No". After that he said I passed and asked me to verify my name and date of birth displayed on the ipad. And then he tossed my file into a milk crate with other files and said I will get a letter with the oath ceremony date 

The only identication he asked for was Green Card. 

That's it. Good luck to you all. 

On 3/1/2019 at 11:03 PM, mdashali said:

I had my interview yesterday. Was there 20 minutes early but had to wait over an hour past my interview time. The officer was a young kid. He was nice but displayed a whiff of bureaucratic arrogance. Anyways, he asked me a few questions just like others and I was able to get them all right. Then read a sentence from an iPad and write on it with your finger. After that he went through a series of questions you will respond "No". After that he said I passed and asked me to verify my name and date of birth displayed on the ipad. And then he tossed my file into a milk crate with other files and said I will get a letter with the oath ceremony date 

Thx mdashali. appreciate you sharing your experience !

Timeline
On 3/1/2019 at 11:03 PM, mdashali said:

Thanks @mdashali And congo !

Please update your case Google Sheet Based Tracker for San Jose Field Office

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys! 

Just wanted to let you guys know that some people started a "passport tracker" for 2018 and I wanted to share with you guys so ya'll can follow that as well:

I applied for a passport right after my Oath Ceremony (applied right there actually haha) on February 21st and received my passport on Monday, March 4th. I requested expedited service ($251 for passport book and card I believe) and I am still waiting to receive my passport card + my citizenship certificate in the mail, hopefully it will come today (I got on Amazon a certificate holder super cool, haha!)

I applied on Thursday, February 21st and my passport became "trackable" online on Monday, February 25th. On Friday March 1st, I got an email around 8am saying that my passport was printed and approved and that they will ship out via priority express USPS. A couple of hours later I got another email with the tracking number and I received it on Monday, March 4th. 

12 days total (including weekends + the day I sent the application)

6 working with my application (not including weekends (of course) and also not including Thursday 21st because that's when I sent the application and I imagine that they only received on Friday the 22nd.)

Also, I think that you only receive a tracking number if you pay an additional $16 (I believe) for priority express mail when applying (you add to the check). 

You can pay for:
expedited service + priority express mail
only expedited service with regular mail
standard time service + priority express mail

Of course, depending on what you apply for, the fees will go up or down. I applied for passport book +passport card + expedited service + priority express mail and I believe I ended up paying $251 (fees can change, keep that in mind).

Thiago and Alexis

Timeline
1 hour ago, thilimaa said:

Hey guys! 

Just wanted to let you guys know that some people started a "passport tracker" for 2018 and I wanted to share with you guys so ya'll can follow that as well:

I applied for a passport right after my Oath Ceremony (applied right there actually haha) on February 21st and received my passport on Monday, March 4th. I requested expedited service ($251 for passport book and card I believe) and I am still waiting to receive my passport card + my citizenship certificate in the mail, hopefully it will come today (I got on Amazon a certificate holder super cool, haha!)

I applied on Thursday, February 21st and my passport became "trackable" online on Monday, February 25th. On Friday March 1st, I got an email around 8am saying that my passport was printed and approved and that they will ship out via priority express USPS. A couple of hours later I got another email with the tracking number and I received it on Monday, March 4th. 

12 days total (including weekends + the day I sent the application)

6 working with my application (not including weekends (of course) and also not including Thursday 21st because that's when I sent the application and I imagine that they only received on Friday the 22nd.)

Also, I think that you only receive a tracking number if you pay an additional $16 (I believe) for priority express mail when applying (you add to the check). 

You can pay for:
expedited service + priority express mail
only expedited service with regular mail
standard time service + priority express mail

Of course, depending on what you apply for, the fees will go up or down. I applied for passport book +passport card + expedited service + priority express mail and I believe I ended up paying $251 (fees can change, keep that in mind).

Thank you @thilimaa for this info.

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Timeline

Hi everyone so my husband got his appointment letter today in the mail and he has his interview on April 04th 

Edited by Amador

Timeline
On 3/4/2019 at 10:11 AM, nikha said:

Thanks @mdashali And congo !

@mdashali Any update on when is your Oath Ceremony. I ask this because my case would be similar to yours (assuming I pass the interview) but a month apart. So was curious to know whether one gets to take the oath mid of next month even if their interview is conducted almost at the end of the month. Thanks !

17 hours ago, Amador said:

Hi everyone so my husband got his appointment letter today in the mail and he has his interview on April 04th 

Thank you !

Edited by nikha

Timeline
21 hours ago, nikha said:

@mdashali Any update on when is your Oath Ceremony. I ask this because my case would be similar to yours (assuming I pass the interview) but a month apart. So was curious to know whether one gets to take the oath mid of next month even if their interview is conducted almost at the end of the month. Thanks !

Thank you !

Yes, I got the letter on Wednesday. It is on March 21st. So looks like they will get you the next month. 

Good luck Nikha. You will easily pass the test. 

Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 7:29 AM, mdashali said:

Yes, I got the letter on Wednesday. It is on March 21st. So looks like they will get you the next month. 

Good luck Nikha. You will easily pass the test. 

Thank you very much @mdashali

Timeline
5 hours ago, Frdk said:

@Nikha, I'm willing to bet yours will be on April 18th. Im hoping I make the cut for April 18th as well. Otherwise would have to wait till  the next oath date on May 23rd 

🤞Lets hope for the best

Timeline

I added some analytics to the google spread sheet indicating the approx months to interview from the date of application and exact days to oath from the interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.