CharlieTshiab

NOA2 Prep

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/17/2018 at 6:26 AM, CharlieTshiab said:

Thanks for the response @KandN.  I believe from what I've gathered.  This is not a required document as she has never been married.  I guess I'll talk to her to see if she wants to go to Hanoi to get it translated then back to make this document.  

I just got back from Vietnam and the interview with my fiancee. The single status paper is definitely not needed! 

Happy to say we got approved very easily! Thanks everyone on VisaJourney and especially @frontgear and @Nle!!! Review will come shortly. @CharlieTshiab if you have any questions feel free to message me any time!

Timeline

Congrats!  @JJtheJetPlane  Very exciting time!

I guess I would like to get a list of question put together so my fiance and I can review/practice.  I've seen questions people have posted for Philippines and other countries but not many from Vietnam?  So any questions you guys can remember would be awesome.  Also did you guys interview in HCMC?

Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 12:56 PM, CharlieTshiab said:

Congrats!  @JJtheJetPlane  Very exciting time!

I guess I would like to get a list of question put together so my fiance and I can review/practice.  I've seen questions people have posted for Philippines and other countries but not many from Vietnam?  So any questions you guys can remember would be awesome.  Also did you guys interview in HCMC?

We used this list to practice: 

They let me stand at the window while they interviewed my fiancee. They first asked me my name and my job title. Then the interpreter asked my fiancee to raise her right hand and swear to tell the truth. I'm not Vietnamese so we thought it was better for my fiancee to not use the interpreter and answer the interviewer in English. They only asked her a few questions. They were:

How did you meet your fiancee?

What is your fiancee's job and what does he do at his job?

Does your fiance have any kids?

Do you have any kids?

How many times has your fiance visited you?

Then they said we were approved!

Timeline

That's great news @JJtheJetPlane and thanks for the questions.  

I am a little worried as I probably won't be able to make it to the interview.  It seems most Vietnam VJ members, the petitioner has been able to attend the interview and seems to be pretty straight forward.  As I will most likely not be able to attend, I'd like her to have all questions "iron clad" with good responses.

2 hours ago, CharlieTshiab said:

That's great news @JJtheJetPlane and thanks for the questions.  

I am a little worried as I probably won't be able to make it to the interview.  It seems most Vietnam VJ members, the petitioner has been able to attend the interview and seems to be pretty straight forward.  As I will most likely not be able to attend, I'd like her to have all questions "iron clad" with good responses.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If the relationship is genuine and she can prove it with evidences, she will get approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.