4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

On June 8, 2018 my case online status changed to "Request for Initial Evidence was Mailed" notice saying "On June 8, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number MSC1791573256. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by July 8, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address."

I have not seen any mail in my mailbox from uscis at all (today is 06/27). Since the notice said they mailed the rfe on June 08, does that mean the mail should be in my mailbox on June 08? Should I get worked up and request for another notice even though it's yet been July 08? 

Thank you in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Yenhn said:

On June 8, 2018 my case online status changed to "Request for Initial Evidence was Mailed" notice saying "On June 8, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number MSC1791573256. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by July 8, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address."

I have not seen any mail in my mailbox from uscis at all (today is 06/27). Since the notice said they mailed the rfe on June 08, does that mean the mail should be in my mailbox on June 08? Should I get worked up and request for another notice even though it's yet been July 08? 

Thank you in advance.

Even though to contact them by July 8th if you have not received, I would still call them or contact them to request another one, it would not hurt and hope you will receive the one they sent you before then. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Yenhn said:

Thank you in advance.

Maybe try to request a copy from the online link? Lets see if they allow you to do so.

• Feb 17 2018 - Arrived USA with B2-Tourist Visa
  • Apr 01 2018 - US Citizen Boyfriend proposed
  • Apr 18 2018 - Got Married in Montana, USA
  • May 15 2018 - Mailed out USCIS applications (I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox
  • (Day 1) May 16 2018 - Mail arrived Chicago Lockbox (confirmed by USPS) 
  • (Day 19) Jun 04 2018 - Received email & SMS notification - case received (All money orders being cashed on this day)
  • (Day 24) Jun 09 2018 - Received all receipts (NOA) from USCIS, also the Biometrics Appointment letter (Appointment date: Jun 18) 
  • (Day 33) Jun 18 2018 - Arrived Helena ASC at 9.15am (Appointment at 10am), finished at 9.35am (Yea it was super quick!)
  • (Day 35) Jun 20 2018 - Received SMS & Email notification request for evidence for my I-485
  • (Day 40) Jun 25 2018 - Courtesy letter for I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) received
  • (Day 61) Jul 16 2018 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • (Day 64) Jul 19 2018 -  Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"
  • (Day 71) Jul 26 2018 - Interview notice received (Interview scheduled on Aug 23 - 9.50AM)
  • (Day 99) Aug 23 2018 - Interview approved on the spot! Yay! 🎉  I-485 status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”,
  • (Day 100) Aug 24 2018 - I-131 & I-765 status changed to “Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means”
  • (Day 107) Aug 31 2018 - I-485 status changed to “Card Was Mailed To Me”
  • (Day 111) Sep 04 2018 - I-485 status changed "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
  • (Day 113) Sep 06 2018 - Conditional Green Card Received!
  • May 23 2020 - Mailed out I-751
  • May 29 2020 - Received email & SMS notification - case received
  • June 1 2020 - Money order being cashed
  • July 15 2020 - status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” 
  • Feb 16 2021 - Status changed to “New Card is being Produce”
  • Feb 19 2021 - Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • Feb 24 2021 - New card received in the mail!
  • Feb 24 2023 - Filed N-400 online
  • Mar 11 2023 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter in mail (Appointment date: Mar 20)
  • Mar 20 2023 - Case status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"
  • Apr 04 2023 - Received online update "Interview Was Scheduled" (May 23)
  • May 23 2023 - Interview Passed on the spot
  • Oct 26 2023 - Status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" (on Nov 9th)

http://pa1.narvii.com/5800/c9829514dbe031b3b25782c40cae78c189bfc3ab_00.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.