1,446 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's normal that 18 months will pass with no action? or that it's usually resolved before 18 months? December, our 18 months will be finished. Has anyone heard of additional extensions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jokoth said:

It's normal that 18 months will pass with no action? or that it's usually resolved before 18 months? December, our 18 months will be finished. Has anyone heard of additional extensions?

I recently called USCIC because my case is not updating online. I also asked that question. They told me that if I don’t receive a decision by month 17, to call them and tell them and ask for an “info pass”. I believe that is something that gets you an appt so you can go get a stamp in your passport.  She sounded routine about it but I don’t love that idea. Why can they just not send us all further extension notices? 

Anyway, be prepared to call one moth before the expiry date.

Timeline

Yeah that's totally unsatisfactory, there so many factors and decisions that need to be made based on green cards. It feels like a bit of an indifference on their part. for out case we are overseas, with an approved N-400 pending I-781 adjudication. the cases have been merged, but due to nature of our application we must fly back to (at least told by the field office last time) to get anything done. info pass appointment I would hope would be at a local embassy. hey thanks for that peace of information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jokoth said:

Yeah that's totally unsatisfactory, there so many factors and decisions that need to be made based on green cards. It feels like a bit of an indifference on their part. for out case we are overseas, with an approved N-400 pending I-781 adjudication. the cases have been merged, but due to nature of our application we must fly back to (at least told by the field office last time) to get anything done. info pass appointment I would hope would be at a local embassy. hey thanks for that peace of information.

Considering your situation is different that mine (I am in the US with a pending I-751) I recommend you call sooner than later to confirm what your steps are.   Good luck, what a hassle. 

Okay by my green card I would need to call in December as my 18 month is January 17. 

This whole process is long, tedious and scary. I can’t believe anything over 15 months is acceptable. Regardless of the amount of information provided to them. photos, joint phone bills, joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint health insurance and the countless more details we supplied. It’s crazy to hear people being granted in less than 13 months and others still being processed. 

Who's beyond 15 months? I just want to tally where others are at.  To gain some averages. 

I have seen uscis website processing times per location. I checked June 4th when my case was transferred to Potomac and it stated 7-14 months it now states 13-15 months. I assume it went up due to the sheer amount of incoming but I’ll just wait and see what happens as mine is in its 15th month. Crazy to think peoples livelihood rely on this. 

20 minutes ago, Ash Bennett said:

Okay by my green card I would need to call in December as my 18 month is January 17. 

This whole process is long, tedious and scary. I can’t believe anything over 15 months is acceptable. Regardless of the amount of information provided to them. photos, joint phone bills, joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint health insurance and the countless more details we supplied. It’s crazy to hear people being granted in less than 13 months and others still being processed. 

Who's beyond 15 months? I just want to tally where others are at.  To gain some averages. 

I have seen uscis website processing times per location. I checked June 4th when my case was transferred to Potomac and it stated 7-14 months it now states 13-15 months. I assume it went up due to the sheer amount of incoming but I’ll just wait and see what happens as mine is in its 15th month. Crazy to think peoples livelihood rely on this. 

I believe Potomac is now between 14-16.5 months.

I'm a CSC filer and my case was transferred to Potomac in the beginning of June, hitting 15 months next week.

ROC

Spoiler

06/30/2018 ROC filed

07/02/2018 [Day 0] Delivered to CSC

07/13/2018 [Day 11] check cashed

07/16/2018 [Day 14] NOA 1 received (Notice date 07/11/2018)

03/16/2019 [Day 257] NOA regarding reusing fingerprints received (Notice date 03/08/2019)

06/01/2019 [Day 334]  Online update 'case was received at my local office'

06/04/2019 [Day 337] Online update 'case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction'. Transferred to Arlington, VA

06/08/2019 [Day 341] Case transfer notice in mail

10/18/2019 [Day 465] Status update email received 'card/document in production' (dated 10/17/2019), approval notice sent

10/21/2019 [Day 468] Approval notice in mail

10/22/2019 [Day 469] Online update 'new card mailed'

10/24/2019 [Day 471] GC received in mail

AOS

Spoiler

05/03/2016 AOS filed

05/04/2016 [Day 0] AOS delivered

05/10/2016 [Day 6] check cashed

05/11/2016 [Day 7] NOA1 received (email)

05/14/2016 [Day 10] NOA1 hardcopy received (Notice date 05/10/2016)

05/20/2016 [Day 16] Biometrics appointment letter received (Notice date 05/14/2016)

06/02/2016 [Day 29] Biometrics done

06/08/2016 [Day 35] Request for Initial Evidence issued

06/13/2016 [Day 40] RFIE hardcopy (yellow letter) received

06/14/2016 [Day 41] RFIE response sent

06/15/2016 [Day 42] FedEx confirmed delivery of RFIE

06/16/2016 [Day 43] Case updated online regarding my response to an RFIE

06/27/2016 [Day 54] Case updated online 'ready for interview'

08/02/2016 [Day 90] submitted SR for EAD

08/06/2016 [Day 94] Case updated regarding EAD, 'New card is being produced'

08/08/2016 [Day 96] Case updated online for EAD 'approved'

08/09/2016 [Day 97] Case updated online 'we mailed your new card', SR response has been sent

08/11/2016 [Day 99] Online update 'interview scheduled for Sep 14th'

08/12/2016 [Day 100] EAD card and NOA for EAD in mail

08/13/2016 [Day 101] SR response and Interview letter in mail

09/14/2016 [Day 133] Interview day -approved right on the spot. Card in production.

09/19/2016 [Day 138] Approval notice in mail. Case updated online 'GC sent to your address'

09/22/2016 [Day 141] GC in mail

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ash Bennett said:

58 minutes ago, Jokoth said:

18 months is up in December, so we are a month out, I think I will contact the the NBC.

What's the expiration date on your expired green card? If it expired, for example, October 15th 2018... I think you have until April 14th 2020 with the 18 months extension letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.