4A2

Clarify what is the "appointment letter" please?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello people, can someone please clarify what is the "appointment letter" that must be presented to the medical appointment and the fingerprints appointment?

Can someone post the header of such letter or is it the letter we received from NVC saying that our case was received and states the following:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition

from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition

to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Please note that the transfer

process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé

(e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

TIA!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
36 minutes ago, 4A2 said:

Hello people, can someone please clarify what is the "appointment letter" that must be presented to the medical appointment and the fingerprints appointment?

Can someone post the header of such letter or is it the letter we received from NVC saying that our case was received and states the following:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition

from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition

to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Please note that the transfer

process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé

(e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

TIA!

The appointment letter that the medical and fingerprints offices want is the interview letter sent to your email by the NVC that shows the time and day of the US Consulate interview.  They are also going to ask for your DS-260 showing that you have completed the IV application and Affidavit of support.

March 1, 2018 Dear _________________, The National Visa Center (NVC) is pleased to inform you that we scheduled your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO. This interview is for immigrant visa case number CDJxxxxxxxxxxxx filed by __________________ on behalf of ____________________. Please SAVE this letter and bring it to your interview. Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: nvc.state.gov/interview. Be sure to review the "Items You Must Bring to Your Visa Interview" checklist prior to traveling to the embassy or consulate. Important information regarding the required medical appointment is listed on this site. Failure to promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview. ================================================================================ Interview Date and Time ================================================================================ Your immigrant visa interview is at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO on April 30, 2018 at 08:15 am. The following applicants should attend this interview: Name__________________________ Petitioners are not required -- and at some locations, may not be allowed -- to attend the applicant's visa interview. =======================================================================

Hope this helps.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mansini77 said:

The appointment letter that the medical and fingerprints offices want is the interview letter sent to your email by the NVC that shows the time and day of the US Consulate interview.  They are also going to ask for your DS-260 showing that you have completed the IV application and Affidavit of support.

March 1, 2018 Dear _________________, The National Visa Center (NVC) is pleased to inform you that we scheduled your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO. This interview is for immigrant visa case number CDJxxxxxxxxxxxx filed by __________________ on behalf of ____________________. Please SAVE this letter and bring it to your interview. Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: nvc.state.gov/interview. Be sure to review the "Items You Must Bring to Your Visa Interview" checklist prior to traveling to the embassy or consulate. Important information regarding the required medical appointment is listed on this site. Failure to promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview. ================================================================================ Interview Date and Time ================================================================================ Your immigrant visa interview is at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO on April 30, 2018 at 08:15 am. The following applicants should attend this interview: Name__________________________ Petitioners are not required -- and at some locations, may not be allowed -- to attend the applicant's visa interview. =======================================================================

Hope this helps.

Thank you soooo much. I am a K-1 beneficiary and we program interview ourselves. Do I still get this letter or another one by email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hmm.  My wife was an IR-1 and the NVC scheduled the interview for us.  So the process for the K-1 might differ a bit as far as scheduling the interview. 

Has the NVC completed your case and asking you to schedule your own interview?  I read that these interview dates are difficult to obtain as they fill up very quickly.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, Mansini77 said:

Hmm.  My wife was an IR-1 and the NVC scheduled the interview for us.  So the process for the K-1 might differ a bit as far as scheduling the interview. 

Has the NVC completed your case and asking you to schedule your own interview?  I read that these interview dates are difficult to obtain as they fill up very quickly.  

Thanks for your reply, and yes, they did, and I have already booked the three steps, medical, fingerprints and consulate. My question was more about what is that exact appointment letter and if I was going to receive it by email, or my appointment confirmation letter will do. Thanks again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, 

I received two letters, one with a barcode at the top, addressed to my fiancé, saying that NVC forwarded my petition to the Consulate. About two weeks after, I got another one addressed to me with a link to the instructions. 

I used the second one for the medical, and the first one for the interview. Although they really have no preference as long as it says you are good to have an appointment. You should get both letters in the mail, it takes about a month after your case touches NVC

Timeline
30 minutes ago, AnaidAaron said:

Hi, 

I received two letters, one with a barcode at the top, addressed to my fiancé, saying that NVC forwarded my petition to the Consulate. About two weeks after, I got another one addressed to me with a link to the instructions. 

I used the second one for the medical, and the first one for the interview. Although they really have no preference as long as it says you are good to have an appointment. You should get both letters in the mail, it takes about a month after your case touches NVC

Thank you so much for sharing. It is important for us to know exactly what to take to Juarez. I could only secure an appointment in early September, so we are good to go and have time to wait for the second letter. We got the NVC
Exitos en tu viaje y felicidades. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, 4A2 said:

Thank you so much for sharing. It is important for us to know exactly what to take to Juarez. I could only secure an appointment in early September, so we are good to go and have time to wait for the second letter. We got the NVC

Gracias :) And don't worry, you will definitely have more than enough time to get the letters in the mail, also your fiancé should receive the one with the barcode on their e-mail first. 

Timeline
On 6/18/2018 at 9:23 AM, 4A2 said:

hey i noticed we have somewhat similar timelines. after you filled out the Ds160 did you go ahead and pay the fee and set up an appointment? or did you have to wait a few days to set up the appointment? I would like to have my fiances appointment in september if possible too. THANKS

Timeline
8 minutes ago, GyC said:

hey i noticed we have somewhat similar timelines. after you filled out the Ds160 did you go ahead and pay the fee and set up an appointment? or did you have to wait a few days to set up the appointment? I would like to have my fiances appointment in september if possible too. THANKS

Hi, 

After I received my NVC number I waited for it to say "ready" on the CEAC website. Once that happened I proceeded to fill out DS-160, Pay and make the appointment for the ASC (Fingerprints) and Consulate (Interview). You can only see the whole appointment availability once you pay. After that I made an appointment for Medical, it is not mandatory to make an appointment but I preferred to do it on their website.  Make sure you save all confirmation pages for printing. You will need them for the interviews. 

In my case, the closest interview date was Sep 6th. They fill quickly. I hope you get all you need so you can move on to that Magnificent-Glorious-Milestone!  

Edited by 4A2

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 4A2 said:

Hi, 

After I received my NVC number I waited for it to say "ready" on the CEAC website. Once that happened I proceeded to fill out DS-160, Pay and make the appointment for the ASC (Fingerprints) and Consulate (Interview). You can only see the whole appointment availability once you pay. After that I made an appointment for Medical, it is not mandatory to make an appointment but I preferred to do it on their website.  Make sure you save all confirmation pages for printing. You will need them for the interviews. 

In my case, the closest interview date was Sep 6th. They fill quickly. I hope you get all you need so you can move on to that Magnificent-Glorious-Milestone!  

Thank you very much. Such great information. We were hoping for an August interview, but it sounds like they're all booked up. Best of luck as well.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/18/2018 at 9:23 AM, 4A2 said:

Hey, have you received your invitation letter "packet3" from the consulate in Ciudad Juarez?? We are currently still waiting on this letter. Thanks!!!

Timeline
On 7/24/2018 at 7:21 PM, GyC said:

Hey, have you received your invitation letter "packet3" from the consulate in Ciudad Juarez?? We are currently still waiting on this letter. Thanks!!!

Hi! 

I just received the letter today, regular email. Hope you get yours soon!. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.