bcking

Trump declares North Korea "no longer a nuclear threat"

79 posts in this topic

Just now, bcking said:

I was talking about what Bush said.

Also - I asked for sources. I see many operations after 2003 being labelled as a major combat operation (including Fallujah). If that is incorrect, I'd like the official distinction from an official source.

No originally you were talking about a banner.  I pointed out he never said Mission accomplished and talked about a tough road ahead. That is when you deflected, I mean switched gears. 

6 hours ago, bcking said:

I think most people (Republican and Democrats) believe Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner was inappropriate and in retrospect probably even he thinks he shouldn't have done it. Maybe I'm wrong with that.

When did Obama say that ACA fixed everything? Did he ever say "Health care is no longer an issue in the United States!"? That would be a similar equivalent statement. I'll wait for that quote if you can find it.

I agree we are off to a good start. But I still would like my President acting like a President. 

This is where it started you talking about Bush's banner which wasnt

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

No originally you were talking about a banner.  I pointed out he never said Mission accomplished and talked about a tough road ahead. That is when you deflected, I mean switched gears. 

We are still talking about what he represented that day. Banner and speech. It was his public image.

I'm sending you are a bit uncomfortable since your whole "major" distinction is a bunch of balogna.

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

This is where it started you talking about Bush's banner which wasnt

It was his banner. He was President and had ultimate responsibility for the message conveyed to the American people. Of course he personally didn't pick out the banner and set it up or whatever other pointless distinction you want to make, but he is still ultimately responsible for the message.

That comes with the territory of being President.