4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

What are the requirements to renew and change my name from single to married name on my Philippine passport? Is it required to get a copy of the authenticated Report of Marriage from Philippine Statistics Authority or can i use the original copy of the Report of Marriage which was sent back to me by the Philippine Embassy in Washington? I want to schedule for their consular outreach in Tampa this coming August but it will take time for me to get an authenticated copy of the report of marriage from PSA. Not to mention i didn't receive any reply email yet from the Dept. of Foreign Affairs requesting for the transmittal date and batch number for the Report of marriage which they also require whenever you request for an authenticated copy online. Your replies will be really of great help to me. Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI portal from Off Topic - As the OP is asking about changing her PI passport and members here will have better knowledge of the process.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, AndyCandy said:

Good morning everyone!!

What are the requirements to renew and change my name from single to married name on my Philippine passport? Is it required to get a copy of the authenticated Report of Marriage from Philippine Statistics Authority or can i use the original copy of the Report of Marriage which was sent back to me by the Philippine Embassy in Washington? I want to schedule for their consular outreach in Tampa this coming August but it will take time for me to get an authenticated copy of the report of marriage from PSA. Not to mention i didn't receive any reply email yet from the Dept. of Foreign Affairs requesting for the transmittal date and batch number for the Report of marriage which they also require whenever you request for an authenticated copy online. Your replies will be really of great help to me. Thank you so much!

B. RENEWAL OF e-PASSPORTS CORE REQUIREMENTS:

1. Personal Appearance

2. Duly-accomplished Adult Renewal passport application form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink

3. Current ePassport with two (2) photocopies of the data page

4. Original and two (2) photocopies of PSA authenticated documents that will support the change of name (if applicable)

• Marriage Contract
  • Annotated Birth Certificate
  • Annotated Marriage Contract to show annulment/divorce/court ordered instruction
  • Death Certificate of Spouse

5. Proof that the applicant is not a US/Foreign citizen (Original and two [2] photocopies of any of the following: greencard, visa adjustment, notice of action, work permit)

6. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, if Passport is to be mailed back. For applicants from the Caribbean Islands, pre-paid mailing envelope from DHL.

7. Passport fee of $60.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#adultrenewal

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, AndyCandy said:

Good morning everyone!!

You can use the authenticated ROM from the embassy with no issues. 

The biggest issue I see that you will have is trying to get an actual spot for the Consular Outreach. You need to be emailing them EVERY DAY NOW asking for a spot. I did that for my wife and luckily we got one on the last day for the Raleigh Outreach.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.