7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I, Permanent Resident, petitioned for my wife and we have a priority date of Jan/27/2017, we now have two babies (twins) and my question is if we should include the babies now or wait for the NVC stage?

I've searched the forum and mostly the recommendation was to wait for the NVC, but those are old posts and doesn't reflect the current climate.  With USCIS CSC taking it's sweet time to approve petitions I wonder if it will be best to just to do that now and avoid further delays at the NVC stage.

If I understood the process correctly, before paying the fees you have to include the babies as to pay the correct fees which could mean additional delays in submitting/processing the inclusion letter. 

Anybody here going through the same? What did you do? What's the general advice?

Edited by raysn0w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you can add them any time you want to at the nvc stage to update the case. for me. the sooner the better. one less thing to think about

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, raysn0w said:

Hi all,

I, Permanent Resident, petitioned for my wife and we have a priority date of Jan/27/2017, we now have two babies (twins) and my question is if we should include the babies now or wait for the NVC stage?

I've searched the forum and mostly the recommendation was to wait for the NVC, but those are old posts and doesn't reflect the current climate.  With USCIS CSC taking it's sweet time to approve petitions I wonder if it will be best to just to do that now and avoid further delays at the NVC stage.

If I understood the process correctly, before paying the fees you have to include the babies as to pay the correct fees which could mean additional delays in submitting/processing the inclusion letter. 

Anybody here going through the same? What did you do? What's the general advice?

Hi, have you got your petiton approved? I got a baby after our petition got approved. So, we informed after her birth and after 2 months, they sent us Invoice number for visa application. I had to submit visa application separately for her and paid her visa application fee. So, we have the same case number, and we didn’t file another petition for her. I don’t think adding babies will delay the process. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, raysn0w said:

Hi all,

I just checked my old emails and found out they actually sent us Invoice number 19 days after they received our baby's passport and birth certificate. So, I suggest you to send them your twins' birth certificates and passports to add them in the application. I thought adding kids made the process faster, because we didn't hear anything from NVC for 1 year after our i-130 approval. 

Here is their response on AskNVC:

We are unable to process any additional derivative applicants on this petition until we receive proper documentation.  Please submit a copy of the derivative applicant's birth certificate and a copy of their passport to asknvc@state.gov or to the address below.

Edited by Gloriazlh

Thanks all for your replies.

@Gloriazlh, My petition hasn't been approved by USCIS yet.  I estimate that it will be approved in around 1/2-2 months from now or at least be close enough.   Right now it looks like USCIS is slower than the NVC handling the cases since according to the Visa Bulleting my petition is already overdue for immediate action by the NVC.

It looks like the general consensus is to wait for my case to reach NVC, I wonder if it's that people have had bad experiences adding babies at the USCIS stage?  Doesn't it make sense to add them at USCIS stage for the NVC to issue the correct invoice the first time?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, raysn0w said:

Hi all,

If you are a US Citizen, all you need to do is register the children in DR.  They are 'automatically' US Citizens.  If you are not a US Citizen, then proceed as others have suggested.

Catherine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.