dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, kendraf said:

Happy for you guys!! Hope the reschedule goes smooth for your interview timeline! 

Thanks :) No reschedule options minus missing interview... will have to decide if risk is worth it!

All the best to you for your July interview :)  

So we just submitted our supporting documentation to the NVC today via snail mail (the only option I’m told with the Guangzhou consulate).

the attorney told me the NVC turn around time for review is typically two months. I thought it was running much faster? I have been seeing two to three weeks on this forum.  Is the two months because we can’t submit our documents electronically? Or due to this consulate in china? Very conservative lawyer?

Does anyone else have experience for NVC review of mailed in documents?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Patrick008 said:

So we just submitted our supporting documentation to the NVC today via snail mail (the only option I’m told with the Guangzhou consulate).

the attorney told me the NVC turn around time for review is typically two months. I thought it was running much faster? I have been seeing two to three weeks on this forum.  Is the two months because we can’t submit our documents electronically? Or due to this consulate in china? Very conservative lawyer?

I sincerely doubt it'll be 2 months. 2-3 weeks sounds more accurate, your lawyer sounds like NVC :S If anything, non-PIVOT is faster than PIVOT right now.

Edit: Unless of course, your lawyer takes his time in sending the documents, then that's another story.

Edited by skyzee

7 minutes ago, skyzee said:

I sincerely doubt it'll be 2 months. 2-3 weeks sounds more accurate, your lawyer sounds like NVC :S If anything, non-PIVOT is faster than PIVOT right now.

Edit: Unless of course, your lawyer takes his time in sending the documents, then that's another story.

Thank you!

The lawyer sent the documents today, so I’ll be hoping for three weeks! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Patrick008 said:

mine was done in two weeks and have seen people cc is done in a week too. i m non pivot case too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, makrm said:

Hi,

I called NVC today ( morning time is the best time to call usually they answer right away)

She told that the supervisor can't rellay do nohing just notifying the department about cases that time frame pass 8 weeks

Even that, u got a case number dosnt mean u can proceed until u got instructions and is not a short process 

and that could take 4 to 6 weeks:blink:

She said they received huge amount of cases from USCIS and they have people doing over time. 

Told me  only thing i can do is to waaaiiitttt :(

------------

Nvc recived 04-25-18

Don't worry.They say the same thing to everyone/most of the people.But it's true that they do receive a huge number of cases in different immigrant visa categories in every month.In your case I hope you will get your case number by next week.😊😊👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, makrm said:

Do we recive automatically an email once a case number be assigned ??

Most of the people do call NvC for getting the case number over phone.I did the same.But I got the welcome letter consists of case number and invoice number too.My case in Non pivot one.I think everyone gets the welcome letter(Not sure though)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Patrick008 said:

It won't take more than 3 weeks. however, good luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, makrm said:

Do we recive automatically an email once a case number be assigned ??

On a pivot case, YES. you will get an email.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Jesse/Chinie said:

image.thumb.png.0ba212dc9b60d09b38a70359fa2c7312.png

Are 2 passport-style photos required at NVC stage ....I'm seeing mixed information....hoping someone went through this recently would be able to answer this .

Thanks

I submitted only one and it got accepted.

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

This is how my processing has gone so far for a non-pivot case from South Africa. 

Visa Category EB-4

NVC received case 23 March 2018

Case # received on 18 May

Ds-261 submitted 18 May

Invoice Issued for IV Fee 29 May

Payment made for IV fee 29 May

Status of payment changed from 'in process' to 'paid' on 1 June

Ds-260 submitted 2 June

Supporting documents sent via snail mail 4 June

NVC received documents 6 June

Scan date 7 June

Case complete 22 June 

My application is exempt from AOS fee and documents. Hope this helps

So next up... waiting for interview at Johannesburg interview. 

Edited by TheVans

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.