TBoneTX

I-751 September 2016 Filers (Part II)

113 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2018 at 12:49 PM, Ozgirl1981 said:

I am so happy. I had my N-400 interview today. Also had my ROC approved beforehand. After 20.5 months, I'm so happy to turn my name green. Good luck to all those still waiting. 
I take my Oath on July 4th, which in Seattle is a huge gathering in Seattle Center. Cant wait. Such a special day to end this 6 year journey. 

Congrats Ozgirl!

How was the interview? I believe it kinda depends on your immigration officer but...

Did you go in with your spouse or alone?

All the best!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Grid Issue said:

Congrats Ozgirl!

How was the interview? I believe it kinda depends on your immigration officer but...

Did you go in with your spouse or alone?

All the best!

Thanks. Yes, it very much does depend on the IO. I was very lucky.. I've copied my interview summary from another post for those interested. 

It was very easy. Appointment was scheduled for 9:15am. We arrived at 9:05am, checked in and was directed to proceed to second floor. There were about 6 other people waiting. 
I took my US husband (due to ROC) and we got called in by a nice guy at 9:45am. He told my husband to wait and he would be called if we needed him (strange but okay). He took me back into little office and asked me to remain standing to take an oath before sitting. 
I looked at my file he had on his desk (no joke, about 5 - 6 inches thick). He asked me for my greencard in which I told him that the infopass ladies downstairs had taken them (mine and my 3 childrens cards) when I got the extension stamp. He then asked to see my stamp to verify, and he stated that he knew that greencards were taken and destroyed. I then had to sign a form stating that I had not applied for renewal cards of any kind and he had a lady enter the room to witness me signing it. He told me that he knew this was a few applications rolled into one. 

Firstly, They had 2 N-400 applications. USPS lost my first one so I sent second one. First one arrived about 5 weeks after the second. I phoned USCIS up to cancel that one as well as sending a withdrawal letter. He had the letter and even envelope with him and he shook his head as to why nothing had been done about it after 8 months. He told me not to worry about getting a denial or withdrawal status change on that one. 

Second, he knew that I had ROC waiting to be adjudicated also. He completed a quick check over it all, asked a few questions verifying address, phone numbers, dates of birth etc etc. He told me that everything looked good. I told him that I had new tax transcripts since I filed the ROC in Sept 2016.  He looked at me like I was kidding about the filing date. He gasped at why I had been waiting 20+ months. I shrugged and said "well lets get it done today". He agreed and told me it would be done. He made sure that my AOS, ROC and N-400 all had my children listed on them so they can derive citizenship from me without any hassles. (Hubby was still waiting in the upstairs lobby)

Lastly, N-400. He asked if I had studied and I told him that I had done so very often. The Interviewing Officer must have had this job for some time because the next  10 mins was the Yes/No questions that you filled out on your N-400 application. If you answered honestly, then nothing to worry about here. He knew all the questions off by heart. He was marking many pages throughout my whole file while asking these Yes/No questions. He was almost running out of breath. LOL. The last question he asked during this part was if I had any questions. LOL I asked him how long it took him to memorize all those questions? 6 years was his reply. Good thing he had a sense of humor. It made it so much more relaxing. 

He gave me a piece of paper that I had to read to him. 
"The President lives in the White House". He then gave me another piece of paper and asked me to write the same sentence that I had read. (It was written above it so you will not forget it). 

Now for the questions. 
1. Where is the Statue of Liberty located? < Pointed at the huge poster on the wall 5 feet away that had the answer written there. 
2. Who is the Governor of this state?  < Told me I could meet him at the Oath Ceremony. 

3. What is 1 promise you make when you become a United States Citizen?

4. Who is the father of the country... of Brazil? < Yes, I raised my eyebrow at him and spoke George Washington very wearily.  

5. What movement tried to end racial discrimination? 

6. Name 2 National US holidays? 

He then gave me another piece of paper that had a cross in the box that says he recommends me for Approval. YAY!

He then asked me what my plans were for 4th of July? I replied with celebrating with everyone else. "Good, then you can take a few hours out of your celebrations in the morning to be sworn in as a US Citizen and then you can really party hard if that's okay with you" :rofl:.

I told him, "Let's do it". He then gave me another sheet that told me where to go on the day and what time to arrive yadda yadda yadda. 

Since there was so much to do in so little time in the office, he asked me if I wanted to wait with my husband so he can make sure he can lock  in the oath for that day. He wanted to make sure ROC got approved and the computers where going to allow him to override the green cards from the ROC process. 

I went back to hubby, told him the good news and then 20 mins later, he came and got me again at the door to let me know that all is good with the computers and that I was scheduled for Oath on July 4th. 

All in all... 10/10 for ease. 11/10 for the IO. Couldn't have asked for it to be any easier.  Arrived at 9:05am. Left the building at 11am. 
Hope this helps ease some worries for you. 

Edited by Ozgirl1981
Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:49 PM, Ozgirl1981 said:

I am so happy. I had my N-400 interview today. Also had my ROC approved beforehand. After 20.5 months, I'm so happy to turn my name green. Good luck to all those still waiting. 
I take my Oath on July 4th, which in Seattle is a huge gathering in Seattle Center. Cant wait. Such a special day to end this 6 year journey. 

I'm so happy for you. AND TOTALLY JEALOUS. I also filed in Sept 2016 and put in an N-400 application in Dec 2017. I'm still waiting to hear from them since they moved my case to a new office on May 3. It's a little depressing being on this thread now because everyone's issues is with their already issued cards, while I'm still out here in limbo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

This morning, I had USCIS notification stating they did something on my case.  So excited, I logged into my account and there was a notification dated May 4, 2018 - "We reviewed your biometrics".  USCIS delivering me a month-old FRESH news, seriously!!?? :angry:.  And also this Friday (June 8th), it's gonna be 15-day mark as promised by USCIS for returning the rectified card.  I am in shambles regarding that. :crying:

Edited by Bomzy

**October Filer but asked questions here**

Update: Just got my case approved! As everyone knows it's a big relief!! I had recieved an RFE on March 23rd and had submitted a response, which USCIS recieved on April 23rd. 

Now I begin the wait to hopefully recieve a "correct" Green Card. 

Thank you everyone! This group helped me create a response to the RFE and answer all my questions! 

Good luck to anyone who is still waiting! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/2/2018 at 5:37 PM, HighlyBeloved said:

Just checked "https://my.uscis.gov/" under I751 and my status has changed to "We are producing your card and will mail it to you" as at May 31st, 2018. 

I got my corrected GC earlier today. I wish everyone still waiting to hear from USCIS best of luck. My N400 interview is next week Wed. I pray it goes well so I can be through with USCIS for a while (before filling for my parent).

Timeline

Hey guys, I got my corrected GC on Friday.  Woohoo!! And I hope you guys received yours as well or is on route to receive it.  Cheers!!

Hi everyone! I got approved on March 5, I didn't receive green card when everyone else did but after calls, inquiries, and bunch of wasted time it finally happened yesterday. Was kinda hoping that since I had to wait 3 month my card wouldn't be in that pile of wrongly dated ones but... of course It is, it says resident since 3/5/2018 as well. Since I got it after recall, I didn't receive that recall notice with prepaid envelope. So my question, should I put inquire online and see what they say or just go ahead and send it to that address in VT with explanation letter or something and hope for the best. Please, any advice. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

today i received an email notification from uscis stating that they mailed me the new card. Hope to get it by the end of this week. 

09/21/2016 NOA1

10/18/2016 Biometrics

Timeline
On 6/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, dashuto4ka said:

Hi everyone! I got approved on March 5, I didn't receive green card when everyone else did but after calls, inquiries, and bunch of wasted time it finally happened yesterday. Was kinda hoping that since I had to wait 3 month my card wouldn't be in that pile of wrongly dated ones but... of course It is, it says resident since 3/5/2018 as well. Since I got it after recall, I didn't receive that recall notice with prepaid envelope. So my question, should I put inquire online and see what they say or just go ahead and send it to that address in VT with explanation letter or something and hope for the best. Please, any advice. Thanks!

Hi there, before I received the recall notice, I filed for I-90 online form to replace the error card.  I think you should do the same instead of waiting to get your answers.  Whatever routes you go through, you are not gonna be wrong.  It's only about a long process or a little long process.  "Short duration" cannot be related to USCIS :).  Hang in there mate, you are just a hiccup away I guess.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:00 AM, labelladell said:

I'm so happy for you. AND TOTALLY JEALOUS. I also filed in Sept 2016 and put in an N-400 application in Dec 2017. I'm still waiting to hear from them since they moved my case to a new office on May 3. It's a little depressing being on this thread now because everyone's issues is with their already issued cards, while I'm still out here in limbo

hi labelladell, have you heard anything back by now?  we have the same timeline and i just checked the USCIS case status site that they sent an n-400 interview letter on June 8...i can't wait to get home to read the letter, i'm still at work...

Edited by COBOY2016

3 hours ago, COBOY2016 said:

hi labelladell, have you heard anything back by now?  we have the same timeline and i just checked the USCIS case status site that they sent an n-400 interview letter on June 8...i can't wait to get home to read the letter, i'm still at work...

Awww that's great! No, I still haven't heard anything. Same case status I've had since May 3. But you've given me hope. You also filed an N-400 in Dec 2017?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It’s here! Finally i get to conclude my visa journey. Its been rough and frustrating but this forum made it all a little bit more bearable. It was great to know i was not the only one going through this. I’ll be back when i file for n400 but till then i hope every single one of you the best of luck! 

E2803051-DF7F-4952-839A-4CC5B9B2D4E8.jpeg

09/21/2016 NOA1

10/18/2016 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.