Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, BurBur said:

Still waiting for CC. April 1st was the date I got a checklist. Then I responded. I must have misunderstood what P3 is. 

@BurBur, check list receipts is not CC, CC is when you sent all the civil documents to NVC and got an email back that everything is in order and you are put in a queue for interview. For Montreal the wait time is about 6-8 months from the CC date not from P3 receipt date. Current they have scheduled EB2 up to CC on Dec 12- 2018. They can accomodate some cases earlier on extremely emergency situation such as in danger of retrogress, life or death situation etc but generally EB2 is slowest as what we can observe here. Married based CR1 is super fast at Montreal, people who got CC in Apr 2019 on married based seems to have received intervews this week. If anyone has another citizenship or permanent residency in another country, you should ask NVC to chose another consulate as currently Montreal is slowest in all embassies/consulates in processing employment based cases. 

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill               EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

lombardi                 EB3                 6-Feb                   April 18

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

SuperY                    EB3               03-Jan-19              Waiting

NB90                       EB3               04-Jan-19              Waiting

May2019                EB1               01-Feb-19              Waiting

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

IK27                        EB2               26-Feb-19               Waiting

VRace                     EB3               26-Feb-19               Waiting 

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19               Waiting

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19               Waiting

BurBur                    EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting ....

May I ask, has anybody had any success with expediting their interview?  Originally from the UK currently a permanent resident in Canada.  I am going to be having my interview at the Montreal consulate and I am worried that I will not get my interview/GC in time for my daughter starting school in September in the USA. Do you think I have a chance of requesting expediting of my appointment date for this reason? I should imagine not; as everybody would be doing this I suppose, but I thought I’d ask

Any advice and information will be appreciated thanks!

Edited by Kate8kate0

8 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

May I ask, has anybody had any success with expediting their interview?  Originally from the UK currently a permanent resident in Canada.  I am going to be having my interview at the Montreal consulate and I am worried that I will not get my interview/GC in time for my daughter starting school in September in the USA. Do you think I have a chance of requesting expediting of my appointment date for this reason? I should imagine not; as everybody would be doing this I suppose, but I thought I’d ask

In order to expedite the case, you have to send an email to NVC but currently in order for that email to reach the person to reply it takes 2-4 months (when you submit an email inquiry it goes to queue). Yes it is 2-4 months for them to reply an email! So it is no point in sending the request. Montreal has extreme long wait time for employment based cases due to backlog and short of staff and the fact that there are too many candidates from Canada but they have only a few slots each day for employment based. If you only have CC in Apr now, it is very likely that you will not get the interview till very late of this year or even earlier next year so it is better to prepare for alternatives for your daughter.

10 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Congrats! Do you mean the interview was long and painful or the whole process ? Yes and What did they ask? Thanks!

Interview is simple, however, the whole process has been extremely long and painful for me, sent in all Civil documents last year and ping pong with NVC for several months, got police cert expired and have to redo it for 3 countries I used to live around the world for more than 6 months. Everytime I send in anything it takes months for them to get back

Edited by lombardi

8 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Why do you apply for Consulate Processing in Montreal where the wait time in London is several months faster than in Canada? If you applied for interview in London you will get it way before September, most embassies or consulates only take 2-3 weeks to schedule interview but Montreal is taking 6 months for employment based

13 hours ago, Kate8kate0 said:

How goes Kate? Long time no see lol.

I tried for expedite and got a result back within a week. My request was rejected. 

They might consider it for medical reasons or anything really urgent.

What is your Case Complete (CC) Date?

5 hours ago, lombardi said:

Why do you apply for Consulate Processing in Montreal where the wait time in London is several months faster than in Canada? If you applied for interview in London you will get it way before September, most embassies or consulates only take 2-3 weeks to schedule interview but Montreal is taking 6 months for employment based

Hi Lombardi! Thanks for all the helpful info.  The reason why I am not applying for it to be transferred to the UK is because I’ve been reading that to submit and for them to review I-824 form (for them to transfer my case) to the UK is taking about 4 to 6 months in itself. This is what I’ve read on the Internet, maybe I should do some more research into this. But as I know it this process is taking upwards of four months do you or anyone else know differently!? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.