TiklingGuy

Bringing wife's parents here in order to get her little sister here

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jyaku said:

Is there a difference between sponsoring your parents and their dependent children, vs sponsoring your sister and her dependent children?

Yes. The difference is that you CANNOT sponsor your parents and their dependent children....as has been said multiple times

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, jyaku said:

Well I hope for the OP's sake you're right and I'm wrong but I still think she'll get an RFE for not enough income. :(

That said I just remembered something else. I know a lady who got their green card after 21 years  4 years ago, being sponsored by her sister. Her 2 daughters and 1 son immediately got green cards too as dependents. The sister filed in 1992, and the green card was approved 2013 everyone.

Is there a difference between sponsoring your parents and their dependent children, vs sponsoring your sister and her dependent children?

Once again, there are no dependent children derivatives when a USC petitions a parent.  Derivatives are allowed when a USC petitions for a sister.  You don't seem to understand this very fundamental part of US immigration.

There is no difference in the financial requirements whether it's a parent or sister.  What matters is the household size.

Edited by Jojo92122

31 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

The time spent abroad is not a problem with a Re-Entry Permit.  So, yes, the immigration officer will not see the time spent aboard by the parent as a problem.   

The parent does not need to show ANY income or have ANY asset.  That's why a Joint Sponsor is allowed.  Your insistance that the parent has to show income is WRONG.

Being here in 2-3 years is not more complicated than waiting 15-25 years for her sister to immigrate.  Think about the opportunities for an 18 years old versus a 30-40 years old.  Isn't it much more complicated for a 30-40 years old woman who is a new immigrant to start a career in the US versus a young person who can get a US education?  

Please explain what house of card you are talking about since this is a true and tried way that MANY others have successfully accomplished?

Lol so far from reality, its not even funny. I'm done arguing with someone who is just making up stuff out of thin air.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

35 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes. The difference is that you CANNOT sponsor your parents and their dependent children....as has been said multiple times

Fine. I concede that but not the income requirement. I am still 100% right on that!

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

10 minutes ago, jyaku said:

Lol so far from reality, its not even funny. I'm done arguing with someone who is just making up stuff out of thin air.

LOL indeed.  You are the one making stuff out of thin air.

You don't know that derivatives are not allowed when a USC petitions a parent.  Yet, you insist that the OP can petition for her parents and dependent sister.

You have no idea what a Re-Entry Permit is for.

You have no idea that the Joint Sponsor can meet the financial requirements because you insist that the petitioning parent must have an income.

You don't know the I-864 requirements are based on household size because you don't know if the financial requirements are different when sponsoring parents with kids versus a sister with kids.  But keep insisting that you are 100% right on the financial requirements when you don't understand them.

You think that chain migration is hard when it's done everyday.

SusieQQQ has already pointed out that you are wrong, but you keep insisting that you are right.

Good luck with life.

The OP got good advice.  Best of luck to her.

Edited by Jojo92122

3 hours ago, jyaku said:

Fine. I concede that but not the income requirement. I am still 100% right on that!

You yourself mentioned the document you are now ignoring, expecting us to know why your neigbir supposedly got a letter saying different (who knows? Maybe his parents are old and sick and more at risk of public charge than the average person. Maybe you misunderstood it. Maybe it was a rookie at uscis who made an error. How do you expect us to address a letter from two years ago you claim to have seen but we haven’t? Maybe it’s just your memory at fault.) So far your contribution to this thread has been to state two factually incorrect statements and then continue to argue that you are right. Do you have any factual, useful, accurate information to contribute that you can give the OP to help their case?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.