43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, Going through said:

Have his parents write an affidavit that you two are living together as a married couple under their roof.  If you contribute any money towards your in laws as rent, have the affidavit mention this as well.

Will do. Thank you for the information :)

Timeline
5 hours ago, Loren Y said:

I  live in Nevada also, and when my old girlfriend lived with me and she had a few kids enrolled in the school up the street, I had to get added to the list as an authorized person to sign them in and out of school. They would check my ID and everything. But if you get added to the authorized list you can get a copy of it from the school. Not sure if your husbands EX will want you to have the ability to pick up their kid out of school, but they do have a form here in Nevada. We weren't married or anything, but it came in handy if one of the kids got sick at school, I could pick them up because I got home early in the day, so she wouldn't have to leave work.

You have a good situation there, mine is very different. I don't have a child, only my husband. Got in a very difficult situation but dealt with it and still dealing with it. As long as the children is not parentified, you are all gonna be fine. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nevada16 said:

RFE is the standard form. I replied my RFE with one letter and also wrote a one-page explanation why I don't have these documents. 

I was only included in the utility bills just recently so I have gas and electricity. Utility also included but we won't be able to submit the last statement with my name on it. Should I still submit Utility bills on his name or just explain on the cover letter that it's only under his name? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Scazy said:

Hi @Enial11 when did you filled for removing of conditions and what’s your NOA date? 

As somebody advised here, as long as you have a solid and clear story of explanation why you don’t have certain documents and how you guys handle it, you’ll be approved. I know a case with almost none proofs and they got approved regardless because replied to RFE with a clear explanation. Good luck !

Good to know, thank you for the positive vibes :) I have one question, Should we still include the prescription from the doctor that we purchased in Walgreen? Usually we go together to visit the doctor and like right now we are both taking the same medication every month. It is addressed in our house so that might help? Just to add up. By the way, the prescription is nothing confidential only vitamins lol

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Enial11 said:

45 minutes ago, Enial11 said:

Good to know, thank you for the positive vibes :) I have one question, Should we still include the prescription from the doctor that we purchased in Walgreen? Usually we go together to visit the doctor and like right now we are both taking the same medication every month. It is addressed in our house so that might help? Just to add up. By the way, the prescription is nothing confidential only vitamins lol

I missed your question, sorry about that.  I received an additional extension for 1 year on Sept 29, 2016 after the 2 years conditional visa. On Nov 8, 2016 I had biometrics and didn't hear from them until March 14, 2018 that local office received my documents on Feb 26, 2018. Then on April 16, 2018 I receive the RFE letter.

My passport is expiring in June 2018 so I had to renew it 2 weeks ago so I have upcoming infopass appointment on May 22nd. I have all pages xerox so hopefully all goes well. 

What about yo

Edited by Enial11

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Enial11 said:

I missed your question, sorry about that.  I received an additional extension for 1 year on Sept 29, 2016 after the 2 years conditional visa. On Nov 8, 2016 I had biometrics and didn't hear from them until March 14, 2018 that local office received my documents on Feb 26, 2018. Then on April 16, 2018 I receive the RFE letter.

My passport is expiring in June 2018 so I had to renew it 2 weeks ago so I have upcoming infopass appointment on May 22nd. I have all pages xerox so hopefully all goes well. 

1 hour ago, Enial11 said:

I was only included in the utility bills just recently so I have gas and electricity. Utility also included but we won't be able to submit the last statement with my name on it. Should I still submit Utility bills on his name or just explain on the cover letter that it's only under his name? 

I would suggest you to write an explanation and you can also submit utility bills. If you can letter of support from friend and family that would work too. 

Edited by Nevada16

1 hour ago, Enial11 said:

Sure, won’t hurt to include it as well as any other correspondence you recieve at you address with your names on it. You can write an explanation of absence of the lease and support it with correspondence or anything else you received at this address ( do you use amazon?) 

just prepare a very clear and easy to understand cover letter and good luck 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Sure, won’t hurt to include it as well as any other correspondence you recieve at you address with your names on it. You can write an explanation of absence of the lease and support it with correspondence or anything else you received at this address ( do you use amazon?) 

just prepare a very clear and easy to understand cover letter and good luck 

That's great! Been thinking what else to submit with both our names and address on it. Oh YES, we actually do use amazon a whole lot. I didn't think of that lol Thank you for reminding me. 

8 hours ago, Enial11 said:

Another question: does it need to submit last 3 or 4 bank statement or is it okay any 4 randome bank statement per year?

You should submit all the bank statements from the time it was joint. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
10 hours ago, NikLR said:

You should submit all the bank statements from the time it was joint. 

But we don't have joint, only recently for my credit card. Though we have health savings account, does that count? He's the primary and I'm the authorized user.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

We don’t have a mortgage/utility bills currently so my parents wrote an affidavit stating we are living with them and are more than welcome to stay- also included a copy of the deed of the house which shows it is owned and in their name. We also submitted 2 affidavits from friends who know us well and could speak to our relationship. Our lawyer suggested adding these things.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
18 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

We don’t have a mortgage/utility bills currently so my parents wrote an affidavit stating we are living with them and are more than welcome to stay- also included a copy of the deed of the house which shows it is owned and in their name. We also submitted 2 affidavits from friends who know us well and could speak to our relationship. Our lawyer suggested adding these things.

We are living at their house too, but we don't have any contract or lease. They live in a different State, so do we. They gave us an attachment that they own the house, I asked for affidavit but didn't want to be pushy about it. I'm hoping the attachment that shows they own the house will be good. Not sure but wish me luck! I have affidavits as well and we both affidavit for ourselves just to add up.

Does anybody have experience having ceremony for making a Living Will? What was your experience, did you notarize it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.