Todd L F

Call logs as evidence.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all, I’m getting everything ready for my interview in London and am aware we need chat logs, pictures etc. I’m was trying to find our call logs but it appears Facebook messenger only saves the logs for about a week. So we have no record of phone calls. Is this likely to be an issue? Also how many photos will I need to print and take ? I have about 20 will this be enough? 

Thank you !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Todd L F said:

Hello all, I’m getting everything ready for my interview in London and am aware we need chat logs, pictures etc. I’m was trying to find our call logs but it appears Facebook messenger only saves the logs for about a week. So we have no record of phone calls. Is this likely to be an issue? Also how many photos will I need to print and take ? I have about 20 will this be enough? 

Thank you !

London is not a difficult interview.  You should be fine

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Todd L F said:

Thank you !

For a London interview you won't need chat logs, photos, receipts, trips, rings, etc. NONE. Really. 

Take what is on their list https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Messenger should save logs since..forever in my experience (unless it's different by country, maybe UK has laws against saving this data). 

I can find it through Facebook > Messages tab > See all in Messenger > click on the conversation

You can scroll up and get as much information as you want. The downside is that there isn't a good way to copy a large message thread.

You could also use Facebook's archive tool to save ALL your data, but I've found it does not save large message threads properly.

That being said, I agree with above, you don't need all your chat logs, at most I'd take a few pages showing evidence of ongoing communication in your relationship (if that).

Timeline

London never wants to know about "ongoing". Chat logs are a super waste of time.

Time is better spent getting immunizations sorted and the health summary from your GP. Often NHS is slow to provide what is needed before the visa medical. 

Timeline

You won't need this in London. I got approved on Wednesday in London and didn't take any additional evidence of our on going relationship. They don't ask for it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

London never wants to know about "ongoing". Chat logs are a super waste of time.

Time is better spent getting immunizations sorted and the health summary from your GP. Often NHS is slow to provide what is needed before the visa medical. 

I was unaware of any health summary needed from the NHS!? Can you please elaborate 

1 minute ago, MLR14 said:

You won't need this in London. I got approved on Wednesday in London and didn't take any additional evidence of our on going relationship. They don't ask for it.

Soon they will have the "Fog The Mirror" test to get approved?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Todd L F said:

I was unaware of any health summary needed from the NHS!? Can you please elaborate 

Knightsbridge Clinic website http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us.htm

see the menu "What you should bring to your appointment"

All of that is important to get in hand before going or you start a chain of delays that takes you out of the fast to approval on the day of your interview. 

You would learn more specifics about your process if you would get out of this worldwide K1 forum and start reading on the UK forum which is mostly K1 information specific to UK. Not the pinned threads. They are ancient. 

Forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edit:  oh and before you ask, "appointment letter" to show at the medical doesn't apply to K1s because you don't get an appointment letter for your visa interview.. They want confirmation of your case number. The letter of instruction from the embassy, the letter from NVC with new case number, or even a printout of your CEAC status online works.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

Wow thank you, I was just about to book my medical tomorrow but guess I’ll have to book an appointment with my GP first to get the required documents first.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, mc962 said:

Messenger should save logs since..forever in my experience (unless it's different by country, maybe UK has laws against saving this data). 

I can find it through Facebook > Messages tab > See all in Messenger > click on the conversation

You can scroll up and get as much information as you want. The downside is that there isn't a good way to copy a large message thread.

You could also use Facebook's archive tool to save ALL your data, but I've found it does not save large message threads properly.

That being said, I agree with above, you don't need all your chat logs, at most I'd take a few pages showing evidence of ongoing communication in your relationship (if that).

There is a extension if you use Chrome browser called chat downloader.  It works beautifully for downloading messenger chats. You open up messenger using Chrome browser and an icon appears at the top left.  You will have to install the extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/messagechat-downloader/nkinapjekllgfipphkgpmombekfclghe?hl=en

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.