Karim2018

Any Moroccan males (US Citizen too) marrying a Moroccan woman?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Guys/Gals.

Looking for Moroccan males  (US Citizen) marrying (or who got married) to a Moroccan lady? If so, can you please share your experience....

I'm getting conflicting reports on how to proceed if I want to get married in Morocco...For instance, some folks say that if I want to get married in Morocco to a Moroccan lady, I can just go there and marry with my "Carte Nationale", like any other Moroccan, since I'm still a Moroccan citizen, then translate the marriage certificate and other docs, return to the States, and apply/file for my wife CR1. -- No US consulate appointment or visit is needed/required!

Others say "NO"! Because I have a US passport too, I'm considered a US citizen, hence, I have to go to the US Consulate in Casa first, request an affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry, get them notarized, go the Ministry of Exterior and Ministry of justice, get an authorization to marry, get a medical certificate, and ONLY then can I marry a Moroccan woman (bant blady)....As stated in this page

https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-information/

To me, that's nonsense! I'm a bloody Moroccan marrying a Moroccan, so why do I have to go through all this stuff!!! (these steps make sense for someone who's a US citizen ONLY, and not a Moroccan)

I want to do the right thing, so again, if possible, I'd like to hear from those of have gone (or are going) through a similar process and learn about how they got it done...

Thank you in advance!

-K

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why not just do a K-1 visa then, won't that easier? But it seems that most of the VJ people marrying someone from Morocco have the worst stories and longest wait times! I'm curious as to why it's mainly US woman marrying Moroccan men...is it because of the hassle your referring to?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@javadow2 It's because there's a big difference in age between us and although we've seen each other twice in the last 3 years, we do not have too many photos together, which I understand K1 petitioners will have to submit as one of the proofs of a "bona fied" relationship. As for the 2nd part of your question, my understanding is the US consulate in Morocco is (rightly so or not) considered a "high fraud" consulate, and often times, those American ladies marrying Moroccan men are usually older, which may be fine in some western countries, but certainly not in Morocco (men often like to marry younger women).

Oh and BTW, for those who care to know, since no one responded to my original inquiry, I've contacted the US consulate in Morocco and they said that it was OKAY to marry using my Moroccan National ID card, and avoid the hassle of going to the consulate, then the ministry of exterior, etc...

Edited by Karim2018

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Stastaciliaelise said:

@HobidyaliHow would I discern this? 

Frankly I have no idea ,most are perfect Oscar nominated type actors , who the heck can know ,honestly don't know .I guess you can start by asking yourself truthfully, would this man date me if he was an American guy. Anything past a few years is definitely a red flag, in their culture kids are important, if he's young and you can't have any for whatever reason, than red flag. If the man is handsome and woman looks like his grandmother , than red flag but who knows , you can be drop dead gorgeous and still be scammed , at the end of the day, just like @Karim2018, all birds flock together, he's marrying a girl from.morocco and he's Moroccan, that should say alot but what do I know. At the end of the day, everything in life is a toss up, nothing is guaranteed and life as a whole is about taking a chance, this is no different , instincts are a humans best friend, if you follow that and you are questioning it than you may want to listen to that. Just like anywhere , there's good and bad, my fiance is amazing but let's not try to over the sun with one finger, a good percentage is out for a green card, it's your job to discern his intentions and even like that most end up very heartbroken, broke and disappointed, proceed with caution and don't ignore red flags . Good luck

12 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Frankly I have no idea ,most are perfect Oscar nominated type actors , who the heck can know ,honestly don't know .I guess you can start by asking yourself truthfully, would this man date me if he was an American guy. Anything past a few years is definitely a red flag, in their culture kids are important, if he's young and you can't have any for whatever reason, than red flag. If the man is handsome and woman looks like his grandmother , than red flag but who knows , you can be drop dead gorgeous and still be scammed , at the end of the day, just like @Karim2018, all birds flock together, he's marrying a girl from.morocco and he's Moroccan, that should say alot but what do I know. At the end of the day, everything in life is a toss up, nothing is guaranteed and life as a whole is about taking a chance, this is no different , instincts are a humans best friend, if you follow that and you are questioning it than you may want to listen to that. Just like anywhere , there's good and bad, my fiance is amazing but let's not try to over the sun with one finger, a good percentage is out for a green card, it's your job to discern his intentions and even like that most end up very heartbroken, broke and disappointed, proceed with caution and don't ignore red flags . Good luck

I meant, all birds of the same feather flock together, be cautious and all will be alright  😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

hhahahhhhhhhhhahaahahahahah

50 minutes ago, Stastaciliaelise said:

@Hobidyaliit’s only 2 years difference nothing major 

I love him so I will see how it goes

2 years??? That's nothing !!! You were worrying as if you had a major age difference , you will be fine, I am just talking about some of the other absurdities that I've seen around, tiyre fine, take a chance if you feel like you want to, your age difference is not an issue. Good luck and sorry if I came across as mean, I re read it and that wasnt my intention.😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.