Jim&Gemz

Six months of waiting and I get an RFE?

35 posts in this topic

Gah! So sorry to hear. Hopefully you won't have any trouble at all after submitting your stuff this time. I really hope that you get a fast approval after all of this - been waiting long enough!!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J&G, I'm not sure why they issued an RFE if you sent the passport stamps already(you can't get much more 'primary evidence' than that) in your initial packet. -P

Its likely as simple as they lost what he sent them.

You're right, it just sux that to date there isn't a more efficient way of applying to ensure such a thing from happening. I wonder if there's anything tangible in the works to make the I-129F application process electronic?

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

I agree - it sucks big time. Esp. after he's been waiting for 6 months.

I don't think we'll see electronic filing for K1s anytime soon.

SA4userbar.jpg

Boarding passes is one thing I don't have. I flew on Northwest and they took them from us as we boarded the plane. I knew that was not a good thing when I was going there.

I'm a little late here, but if you have a frequent flyer # with Northwest, your old itineraries are online(up to a year). You might be able to print those out.

www.nwa.com click on reservations ceter, drop down menu "manage my reservations" my nwa.com interaries.

https://res.nwa.com/Secure/RequiredLogin?NW...amp;requestId=3

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, it seems as though someone does have our petition. We have sat waiting now for over 6 months. Today in the mail I get an RFE that was dated April 26th. Seems as though they want some more evidence of meeting. I sent over 20 photos of us together, hotel receipts, passport entry and exit stamps, copy of airline purchase order and I guess this wasn't enough.

Not sure what else I can dig up except maybe credit card bills that show purchases made in the Philippines. I'm pretty disgusted right now.

That's to bad. As you know we too have been waiting for over 6 months. I hope everything is ok with our paperwork.We will see.

REMOVAL OF CONDITION

November 27, 2009 - Mailed Packet to California

December 02 , 2009 - Recieved packet at 1Pm

December 07 , 2009 - Check Cashed

December 12, 2009 - Recieved my 1 Year extension

December 21,2009 - Recieved my Biometric appointment

January 11 , 2010 - Biometric @ 2pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.