1,901 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, alloy-K said:

This is my experience also. I initially submitted the DS-261, and after 2 weeks of waiting I called to find out what's taking so long. The nice person on the phone reviewed the DS-261 and said to wait one week. Well, after waiting one week, I called NVC again. They said to wait another week. So, over 3 weeks and counting. IV fee still not open. Meanwhile, Others who received their case number after us have already gotten CC. The wait is so frustrating.

How long did they open yours?though nowI my situation is lil different

So I just found out from calling early morning the lady told me to send my aos packet ahead even iv fee is not paid since I am expedited but need to undergo on nvc steps.....

for some reason I am on the case where need to undergo further in take process which I know couple of person currently having same situation as mine just ahead of me they are my consultant hehehe jk..

Did sent requests since apr. First week got review and responded 18th which was just says willing but 25th is accepted note but need to wait for my case to be created........ I thought it was random/uniform message they sent until that lady told me last night everything I need to know,just felt blessed I was not even inquiring about expedite my thought was only to figure out and ask about the invoice,and iv fee ...

Basically she said they need aos and ds260 forms, expedite will take place in consulate after will get to set up the earliest appointment basing on the availability it will save time to cut/jump on the line....

23 minutes ago, Seniorachen said:

How long did they open yours?or still waiting?that is really long.....

though now my situation is lil different

So I just found out from calling early morning the lady told me to send my aos packet ahead even iv fee is not paid since I am expedited but need to undergo on nvc steps.....

for some reason I am on the case where need to undergo further in take process which I know couple of person currently having same situation as mine just ahead of me they are my consultant hehehe jk..

Did sent requests since apr. First week got review and responded 18th which was just says willing but 25th is accepted note but need to wait for my case to be created........ I thought it was random/uniform message they sent until that lady told me last night everything I need to know,just felt blessed I was not even inquiring about expedite my thought was only to figure out and ask about the invoice,and iv fee ...

Basically she said they need aos and ds260 forms, expedite will take place in consulate after will get to set up the earliest appointment basing on the availability it will save time to cut/jump on the line....

3 hours ago, alloy-K said:

This is my experience also. I initially submitted the DS-261, and after 2 weeks of waiting I called to find out what's taking so long. The nice person on the phone reviewed the DS-261 and said to wait one week. Well, after waiting one week, I called NVC again. They said to wait another week. So, over 3 weeks and counting. IV fee still not open. Meanwhile, Others who received their case number after us have already gotten CC. The wait is so frustrating.

Your waiting time is really long, I feel the sentiment,I have seen a lot of cases or basically filers sharing their timelines last april some had delay for two weeks but not beyond that actually all of them are almost done or just finished ds260 last week and sent the packet....mybe call them twice a day, I did that yesterday call in the morning got the case review then call at night then got another instruction to send my aos ahead. You can do long distance call if you are out of the country

On 5/8/2018 at 2:57 PM, invincible_pal said:

how to i fill the affadvit of support if i have a joint sponsor who is not in the same household. he is my sister's husband. do i need to download the forms and then rescan?

Download the  Form I-864 for your Joint Sponsor,  If their income is combine on their Income tax filling, the spouse should submit Form I-864A... If the income on the Tax Payment is solely on your's sister husband no need for the other form.

1 hour ago, Seniorachen said:

How long did they open yours?though nowI my situation is lil different

I sent the AOS/IV package ahead of days before paid IV fee & submit DS-260 without any problem :D 

39 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

I sent the AOS/IV package ahead of days before paid IV fee & submit DS-260 without any problem :D 

We will definitely send ours ahead too :) ,well they told us to do so but yeah I know one filer who became a friend and consultant of good will hehehe did that as well aside from you hehehe.... Apparently when I called they said iv fee is system generated usually 2days upon ds-261 done with the review... I still have tom. We will see if I will bug them again with my calls just kidding hehehe.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Joelbincythomas said:

Non Pivot March 27th Receive Date, no case no yet.. hoping to get it this week.

30 March received. Regular case too...nothing yet 😥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Muhammad sohail said:

What is pivot?

My noa1  19/01/2018

Noa2 25/04/2018

Case send to nvc on the same date 25/04/2018

But still they didn't receive it.

I read here that some cases go really fast in nvc after they receive it within 10 days there cases goes to case complete

So I have question that are those cases is i29f or i130 please explain me this 

Thank you in advance.

And also explain me what is pivot?

Pivot case means you have to upload your documents online on CEAC website and not send them by mail. Islamabad embassy is pivot. I don't know about K-3 visa but for i-130 it takes 9-10 weeks just to get case and invoice number for pivot cases from the date NVC receives it. Then a couple of more weeks for case complete. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, ajw&bmw said:

Thank you for taking the time to give me a response, I couldn't seem to get one anywhere else..

It's a little discouraging because I hoped to be with my husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary on June 27th, but we can't even make any plans or know what would be the best arrangements because we still don't have the interview date and it could be right around our 1 year or even ON it..or after...we just don't know what to do..

Thank you for empathizing with me as well

I know exactly how you feel. My first wedding anniversary was yesterday. It has been a year since I last met my husband. We cannot make any plans either because we still have a few more steps until case complete and then wait for interview date. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, skyzee said:

You're welcome! "At NVC" means case complete, so you should be well on your way to your interview letter/date. Hoping for a quick date to be set for you so you can be reunited with your husband.

I abhor the lack of timelines as well throughout this whole process, and it's beyond frustrating that the best resources / information available isn't coming from the agency itself. The lack of communications throughout this has been atrocious and most reps I've talked to including at USCIS and NVC have been extremely unhelpful, though I don't blame them either since they're just caught in a web of inefficient government processes. I could easily go on an angry rant, but needless to say, I'll be relieved when this is over and I don't have to deal with another government agency directly for a long time.

I struggle with my own set of timelines and I must sound like a crazy to people I talk to, constantly changing and adapting them to whatever I think is going to happen next. Frankly, I'm fed up with it all so yes, I can empathize deeply to having your life being put on hold by some unknown entity that doesn't give a ####### about you or me.

I don't tell anyone anything anymore..even friends lol it is all so random and annoying :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ajw&bmw said:

Oh my gosh yes, people are always asking about when this should all be done, when I'll be seeing my husband, when we'll be able to move together, and I hate that all I've been able to do this whole time is provide my best estimates based on things like these forums and google searches, and then we experience delay after delay, and I have to feel like an idiot when people are like "oh, I thought you said February.." etc. Although I have explained since day 1 that all I have are best estimates based on recent timelines provided by others..

Still, I appreciate people taking interest and checking in, and these forums have helped me 100x over and I can't imagine going through the process without these forums now..

It's just so frustrating when you don't even know what to expect, what to tell anyone, when to plan anything for...and gut-wrenching when you got your hopes up, and hear of a delay, or hear nothing..

Thank you again for your input and for hoping for things to fall into place nice and quickly for my husband and I! 

Omg my life!!!! Lol I love this sanctuary of people who know what this is like.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.