J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2018 at 11:39 AM, Hirotoyoto said:

hi everyone,

so my fiance in mexico just did her ds160. she was able to make an appointment for jan 18 for the consulate interview, finger printing and photos on jan 17, and medical exam on jan 16. our question is is that one of the requirement for the medical exam is is to get a letter from the consulate? can anyone help us out? are we doing this right?

thanks

Not sure if this is late or not but the letter you are referring to CDJ embassy has to send it to you and your fiance via mail, it takes for ever to arrive for me it took 23 days.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rameda said:

I expedited earlier than I said and got approved.

If you don't mind me asking what month and what was the reason for your expedite? I have a cc of june 21 :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lulu01 said:

If you don't mind me asking what month and what was the reason for your expedite? I have a cc of june 21 :(

Cc aug 8

Expedite email sent Sept 16

Approval Sept 19

Interview Oct 12

Reason financial and health of the petitioner 

Check my timeline and you will see it more in details how expedite timeline goes.

Edited by Rameda

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/13/2018 at 12:15 AM, DNZ14 said:

Not sure if this is late or not but the letter you are referring to CDJ embassy has to send it to you and your fiance via mail, it takes for ever to arrive for me it took 23 days.

ok thanks. we got that letter already. so she just have to bring that letter when she does her medical exam. 

also does her police report have to be translated to english?

thanks

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

also does her police report have to be translated to english?

If it is in Spanish,  you do not need to get it translated.  We had the same question. 

This is what the Dept of State Website states:  

“All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations.”

Edited by TeachersJ&L
Clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
50 minutes ago, TeachersJ&L said:

If it is in Spanish,  you do not need to get it translated.  We had the same question. 

This is what the Dept of State Website states:  

“All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations.”

ok my fiance is in mexico, and her police report is in spanish so it’s ok just the way it is. 

we get confuse on the last part of that. it says must be accompanied by certified translation.

also, what about the birth certificate? is it fine in spanish?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, melendeznair209 said:

My CC date is in September 28, 2018, the letter said approximate wait time is 3 months, but I’ve been reading about other people going on for 7 months and still nothing.. it’s going to be about a year and 4 months since i started the whole process. Is this looking to take 2 years in total?..

Unfortunately yes, our CC date is  May 9th, 2018 and we have no appointment assigned.
We are looking forward to hopefully get an update on January.
:)

Timeline
1 hour ago, JaviMB said:

Unfortunately yes, our CC date is  May 9th, 2018 and we have no appointment assigned.
We are looking forward to hopefully get an update on January.
:)

That's what it looks like. I started on oct 2016. Its been 26 months. But my letter didn't say 30 days aprox...keep us posted please🙏🙏🙏

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
14 hours ago, RAZam said:

Cc May 15

Interview Feb 22

Called NVC today and received interview date and time over the phone.

Good luck to everyone waiting! 

Blessed be God! Good luck🙏🙏🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.