gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Yes I can understand. While we have been waiting since filing date of around mid Nov. I never wanted to count that long.. but I wish you god speed with your AOS approval.

11/13/2006 - Filing Date.

11/20/2006 - NOA date for I-485.

02/01/2007 - I-485 Biometrics Appt Date.

03/15/2007 - Interview Date.

04/04/2007 - (Info Pass) Pending - name check.

05/xx/2007 - Phone Call to NSC - name check returned.

06/04/2007 - (CRIS) Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

06/04/2007 - (USCIS) Welcome to USA letter received 10 Year PRC K-1 & k-2.

06/05/2007 - (USCIS) Card production ordered.

06/11/2007 - (USCIS) 10 Year PRC received K-1 & k-2.

03/11/2010 - File for Citizenship

04/02/2012 - N-400 mailed via carrier

09/21/2012 - Oath Los Angeles - United State Citizen

AOS approved (start to finish) 7 months.

AOS approved 2 months and 20 days after AOS Interview (was in FBI name check).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

it just really sucks when u see people who just filed 3 months ago already interview and green card in hand. ####### it took a year from filing just to get the interview and still another year and half and no green card in sight. something is just wrong with that picture.

my husband has finally blown his stack about it recently. he should be filing for citizenship already since weve been married nearly 4 years and here he sits in limbo. hes got me calling everyone under the sun about it and i told him there is nothing anyone can do. thats the hard part...do we really know if they even have started the checks or is it just sitting somewhere for no reason while they say its pending. how do we even know its not lost somewhere and no work is being done.

everyone should have the right to know whats going on and where the hold up is. its just the not knowing thats the killer.

I agree with you Donnaal. We also have been waiting since Oct 2005 and NO ONE is giving us any answers. Someone just isnt doing their job; and namecheck pending just seems to be their standard answers. THen not to mention all the money being spent by this; especially once the rates increase next month. Having to pay for numerous EADs etc.,AP, etc.Not to mention people saying "YOU havent gotten your greencard Yet! Its very frustrating; especially when they "know" someone who got it in just a little while.There should be a maximum amount of time to have to wait and someone we could go to once that is accountable for it. Infopasses, letters, etc. have not moved anything along; sorry to say. :crying::crying::crying:

Filed: Other Timeline
..... Someone just isnt doing their job..........

Oh absolutely. Look, if your file has a bunch of name hits on it, and those hits require lots of files to be pulled and lots of legwork, it's going to get shuffled to the bottom of the pile in favor of a file that can be immediately cleared.

And in some district offices, a file wherein the check has FINALLY completed STILL lies around for a while. The AO has to officially mark the case as 'approved' (once the security clearance is returned), and his supervisor has to sign-off on that. If these folks are overworked, an already languishing case just continues to crawl along.

Part of the problem with government workers is they have quotas to meet. They will work on easy stuff to keep the quotas met while troublesome files get pushed back. It's all about job preservation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Nothing about USCIS seems fair. I'm sorry you have to go through this and wait this long. I know you've waited longer than I have, so I won't vent. But, I'm giving them until the end of this month, and if I don't hear anything, I'm calling our congressman.

Sky_cruiser, our timelines are kindof similar, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, any day now. :(

Edited by SC & TF

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/10...N-400 mailed to Phoenix,AZ Lockbox

04/06/10...Check cashed. NOA1

05/07/10...Biometrics appointment

06/23/10...Interview appointment - PASSED!

08/19/10...Oath ceremony - Officially a US citizen!!!

08/24/10...Updated SSN records

08/31/10...Applied for US Passport and Card

09/15/10...Received US Passport and Card

I -751 Removal of conditions

04/04/09...I-751 sent to California service center

04/12/09...NOA1. permanent residence extended for one year.

06/10/09...Biometrics appointment done

06/21/09...2 yr GC expired

07/09/09...Approval letter received in the mail!!! GC approved 07/06/09

07/20/09...10 yr GC arrived in the mail.

AOS/EAD timeline: F1 to AOS (married to USC)

11/14/06.....I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox (Day1)

11/21/06......Checks cashed, NOA1 for I-130/I-1485/EAD arrives in mail (Day 8)

12/12/06.... Biometrics done (Day 29)

01/20/07...Interview notice received dated Jan. 12, Yay!! (Day 68)

01/30/07....EAD touched, finally!(Day 78)

02/01/07....I-485, I-130 touched. EAD card production ordered (Day 80)

02/07/07....EAD card received in mail (Day 86)

02/26/07...Interview - name check pending (Day 105)

06/21/07.... Card production ordered email...omigosh! (Day 220)

06/24/07.....Email: Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident on 6/22

06/30/07.....Welcome notice received in snail mail

07/02/07....Email: Approval notice sent. GC received in mail!!! (232 days from filing)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

It's really sooo frustrating wth this looooong process,waiting since december 2005 FBI name check :crying::crying::crying:

Congressmen tryed to help me,but he couldn't do anything....so what to do now?just wait and how long?That's really sad :( Some of my friends from same country and hometowm got already GC in short tme

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's really sooo frustrating wth this looooong process,waiting since december 2005 FBI name check :crying::crying::crying:

Congressmen tryed to help me,but he couldn't do anything....so what to do now?just wait and how long?That's really sad :( Some of my friends from same country and hometowm got already GC in short tme

Yeah... That's ridiculous! I haven't seen one single person from Brazil having problems with this name check thing... Seems I'm one of the few unlucky ones!

Well, I was married before and my name was really long... Maybe it's the reason why they are going to take a long time on it, I don't know... :(

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

To me....The absolute worst thing about all of this is....... I cannot hold anybody accountable. There is nowhere for me to go and ask WHY? No-one at all can touch the FBI. USCIS claims that it is not out of the ordinary for my file to be stagnant for almost 3 years. I mean GEEESH! Somebody special needs to take my file in their hand and start asking questions as to why it is in limbo.

The fees are getting so rediculous! They ought to "Grandfather" clause all who are in limbo so they only have to pay what the fee was when they started.

I am soooooooo tired of it.

10-08-2004

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

Timeline

got an email from the lawyer today and this is what she said.

Hi Donna,

The FBI name check on Hassan continues to remain pending. We have been making enquiries on this case and the latest information we received this afternoon is not any different.

You have two options at this time: to wait for the FBI to complete their procedure, or to file a mandamus action in Federal Court compelling the FBI to complete the name check within a reasonable period of time. Needless to say that the second option will be expensive and I am not sure how time consuming.

It is not uncommon for these background checks to remain pending for a year or two.

We hope this helps ward off some of your frustration in the delay.

Charmaine C. Rozario, Esq.

now didnt i read here that they wont expidite the checks anymore with the mandamus? can some one send me the place where they read it at so i can forward it along to my lawyer so she can update her knowledge? after all i had to inform her that my husband didnt need advance parole if his k-3 was still valid. even the stupid interviewer at our aos interview told us he needed it if he wanted to travel. i had to read it on the dang application for advance parole where it stated in black and white it was not needed even if aos was pending and the k-3 was still valid.

Edited by donnaal

Timeline

i was thinking stupid things at work last night..

what happened to the privacy law? we never signed a paper giving permission for the FBI to check into his name anyway. Where is his privacy?

i know...the govt. can check into anything they want but u know how ur mind works when ur pissed off. u just want to find some kind of something just to nail their butts to the wall.

Edited by donnaal

hi Donna,

people are still filing WOM's. As far as I can tell many are being rejected under the motion to dismiss. I am basing my information on the yahoo group where many are filing pro se and some with lawyers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/

I wanted to add - get a phone consultation with Attny Daniel Huang. He is at the top of his game and I learned a ton from him.

Edited by lal_brandow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.