Morgan89

Vaccines at Knightsbridge

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

I've had the TDAP but its over 10 years old and I had MMR 1st dose so need the following vaccinations. I've been told by my GP surgery that these can't be done on the NHS as I am over 25 so i will need to go private? Has anyone else had these done on the NHS or at knightsbridge and how much were the fees? 

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS also. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella. It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.

Thanks in advance!

I just had my missing vaccinations done at Knightsbridge, cost a fair bit but it was easier and they can complete the form there and then - saves any hassle sending them documents from other entities.

I can't remember how much it was, was back in September of 2016 so I'd guess fee's have gone up by then too, call and ask - I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you over the phone how much it'll be as it's more revenue for them!

My fiancé is 30 and he just had his first dose of MMR done on NHS about a month ago.  He goes in for his second dose next week.  He just rung his GP and scheduled an appointment specifically for MMR.  I accompanied him to the appointment and the nurse asked again what we were there for when she called us back to the room.  We said that he needed his MMR jab and then she said something along the lines of “Oh, so you’re planning to conceive and you want to get this done before falling pregnant!”  We actually have been talking about family planning but didn’t think to get MMR because of it, but we just agreed with her and went on our merry way!  Lol  Point being, it can and was done on NHS. I suppose it depends on the GP though.  Maybe you can use the same reasoning our nurse gave?  Hope this helps!

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

My fiancé is 30 and he just had his first dose of MMR done on NHS about a month ago.  He goes in for his second dose next week.  He just rung his GP and scheduled an appointment specifically for MMR.  I accompanied him to the appointment and the nurse asked again what we were there for when she called us back to the room.  We said that he needed his MMR jab and then she said something along the lines of “Oh, so you’re planning to conceive and you want to get this done before falling pregnant!”  We actually have been talking about family planning but didn’t think to get MMR because of it, but we just agreed with her and went on our merry way!  Lol  Point being, it can and was done on NHS. I suppose it depends on the GP though.  Maybe you can use the same reasoning our nurse gave?  Hope this helps!

Thank you! Thought so.... I read on the NHS website that it's available so I guess it might be different based on the GP. I'll try asking again tomorrow.

My husband had them done via his GP on the NHS. You can get them from Boots I believe as well, shouldn't be too expensive if it's an issue with the GP having a failure to understand. Sometimes if you state it is for immigration or travel purposes the GP or nurse might become confused as to coverage on the NHS, but I don't recall it being an issue for him. I'd strongly recommend getting any required vaccinations not at Knightsbridge, as it can be a fuss and expensive.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

Thanks guys, I've actually found a private pharmacy near me that does travel vaccinations. I just walked by today luckily and found their prices pretty reasonable and what I would've expected to pay the NHS. I've added their prices below if it will help anyone, they're called Nomad Travel and have clinics around the UK I believe. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 19.54.11.png

Timeline

Can anyone confirm of hep a and b were given as a child? My fiance is not sure if she's had them. They seem pricy there as there fully covered here in the states. 

Also read that hep a and b are not given in UK as its very uncommon there.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
23 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Can anyone confirm of hep a and b were given as a child? My fiance is not sure if she's had them. They seem pricy there as there fully covered here in the states. 

It only became routine for all babies born after 2017, I didn't get it. Hep B is hard to get because there's a shortage of the vaccine (which is why its quite expensive) only adults at high risk get it on the NHS. 

36 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

It doesn't matter. If the fiancé is over the age of 18 they are not required for the medical.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
11 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

It doesn't matter. If the fiancé is over the age of 18 they are not required for the medical.

Thank you not for the swift replies. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

9 hours ago, Morgan89 said:

Thanks guys, I've actually found a private pharmacy near me that does travel vaccinations. I just walked by today luckily and found their prices pretty reasonable and what I would've expected to pay the NHS. I've added their prices below if it will help anyone, they're called Nomad Travel and have clinics around the UK I believe. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 19.54.11.png

We didn’t pay anything when my fiancé went for his MMR at his GP.  If you can get your GP to do it, that would definitely be the cheapest option.  Alternatively, the US Embassy London website has an informational package from Knightsbridge listed on their website, including a price list.  According to the list, their prices are actually cheaper than what you found here.  The Knightsbridge website shows the same price info as well.

http://www.knightsbridge-doctors.com/practice-fees.htm

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2016/08/IV018a-IV-medical-letter-Aug-2016.pdf

Edited by Kswtangel

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

I got my 2nd MMR dose about a month ago on the NHS, the lady actually told me that they were going to call me to get it updated along with everyone born 1980 and after (so I would assume its the same for you too if you didn't get your 2nd dose) as it's a requirement that we get it updated. I also got my Tetanus updated about 2 months ago and just told them I was going travelling. Definitely worth trying!

Timeline
On 19/04/2018 at 6:47 PM, emylady said:

I got my 2nd MMR dose about a month ago on the NHS, the lady actually told me that they were going to call me to get it updated along with everyone born 1980 and after (so I would assume its the same for you too if you didn't get your 2nd dose) as it's a requirement that we get it updated. I also got my Tetanus updated about 2 months ago and just told them I was going travelling. Definitely worth trying!

I called up my doctor again after reading this comment and they ended up letting me have both vaccines for free yesterday, although the nurse said she shouldn't really and that for travel its supposed to be done privately. 

• 10 months later...
Timeline
On 4/22/2018 at 1:04 PM, Morgan89 said:

I called up my doctor again after reading this comment and they ended up letting me have both vaccines for free yesterday, although the nurse said she shouldn't really and that for travel its supposed to be done privately. 

@Morgan89 I'm glad they finally let you get it! can you please let me know if you had to say anything specific to achieve that? I want to be as prepared as possible 😉

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lena&Nia said:

@Morgan89 I'm glad they finally let you get it! can you please let me know if you had to say anything specific to achieve that? I want to be as prepared as possible 😉

I asked why my mom was able to get it for free from her GP in Birmingham 2 months earlier lol! Think they only gave it me begrudgingly because I was annoying them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.