SMK 89

Canadians Awaiting NVC Case Numbers

83 posts in this topic

This is a question for K1 Petitioners/Beneficiaries going through the Montreal Consulate - there have been multiple posts saying that it is taking over a month from the date the NOA2 is received to get a case number that you can use to book your interview, complete a DS-160, pay fees etc. Is that across the board because of the electronic process MTL uses?

What timeframes are recent NOA2 recipients with Beneficiaries in Canada experiencing? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our NOA2 is dated March 15 2018.

NVC emailed us twice two weeks later on March 29 2018 to advise:
   1) Our petition was approved; and

2) "The U.S. Embassy in MONTREAL, CAN approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application."
(Note: Both emails contain the MTL number)

DS-160 was completed the next day on March 30 2018.

Case has been "READY" on CEAC since April 3 2018.

I sent Packet 3 on April 8 2018 without receiving it from the Embassy (I had read some people say not to wait for the letter/email).

Embassy emailed me back on April 10 2018 basically saying just keep waiting, don't send Packet 3 again.

So here I am on April 12 2018, just waiting like a fool for someone to contact me.

1 hour ago, kenikki said:

2) "The U.S. Embassy in MONTREAL, CAN approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application."

I sent Packet 3 on April 8 2018 without receiving it from the Embassy (I had read some people say not to wait for the letter/email).

Embassy emailed me back on April 10 2018 basically saying just keep waiting, don't send Packet 3 again.

So here I am on April 12 2018, just waiting like a fool for someone to contact me.

Thank you for the detailed reply! Waiting is the worst, Im still waiting for an NOA2 hence why I am trying to understand what happens after to ensure everything I need to do is done lighting fast! Seems like not that much is in our control however. If you could let me/us know how it was received that you sent Packet 3 before they requested it/sent it you, i'd greatly appreciate it. Hopefully their email on April 10 is simply followed by a Packet 4 email! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, SMK 89 said:

If you could let me/us know how it was received that you sent Packet 3 before they requested it/sent it you, i'd greatly appreciate it.

I googled the Packet 3 online. The most recent one I could find was dated from March 2016.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, kenikki said:

It's such a long wait for the NOA2 and to hear the wait continues at a snail's pace is somewhat discouraging. I really hope you hear soon.

Did you request expedited processing or is "approved your request for expedited processing..." the generic response?

I took a look at recent interview dates and it looks like they are adding additional days of the week for interviews. I think they used to only interview on Wednesdays, but the last few entries show interview dates of May 16, 18 and 22. Perhaps trying to catch up?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, D&B said:

Did you request expedited processing or is "approved your request for expedited processing..." the generic response?

We did not request expedited processing.

From what I gathered on the forums, it is a generic response.

You would think that expedited processing meant that things would actually get processed quicker... :whistle:

Timeline
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎13 at 11:46 AM, kenikki said:

We did not request expedited processing.

From what I gathered on the forums, it is a generic response.

You would think that expedited processing meant that things would actually get processed quicker... :whistle:

Interesting how that's the generic response.....I'm so glad I found this out now because I could see myself getting all excited if I receive that email - especially since expedited does mean to "accomplish more quickly".

Hope you see some action this week @kenikki 

Timeline

Me, too, @D&B! Three weeks since our case was "created" and I still have yet to receive Packet 3.
I don't even know what the Interview Schedule situation is, but I can only assume its poor.

4-16-2018 10-37-38 AM.jpg

6 minutes ago, kenikki said:

Me, too, @D&B! Three weeks since our case was "created" and I still have yet to receive Packet 3.
I don't even know what the Interview Schedule situation is, but I can only assume its poor.

@kenikki Oh my goodness - 3 weeks?! You already sent in your packet 3 right, based on the form they have posted online? You still haven't received a reply other than "not to send Packet 3" again? Have you tried calling them? I'm curious what this note on the Packet 3 form they have on their website really means. "NOTE: you are NOT authorized to schedule an interview appointment at this time. All unauthorized appointments will be cancelled without notice." Do they just not open it if you send it before officially receiving it from them?

That being said, not sure how interviews are actually booked? Do you log in to a website to book it? Do you need a code other than your Case Number? Gosh I wish there was a current online check-list for the Montreal Consulate specifically that is current.... 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kenikki said:

I'm sure I read in posts that sometimes Packet 3 is not even received and to use the one online and send it in so I would have done exactly as you have done. Now as I'm still at the waiting for NOA2 stage in this process I haven't familiarized myself with what comes next as much but when can you schedule the interview, and that's done online and your choice of date correct? I assume after they acknowledge receipt of Packet 3 you have the necessary info to schedule medical and interview? Everyone spends soooo much time waiting for the NOA2 and then to feel like the next stage isn't moving as quickly is tough.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

@kenikki Oh my goodness - 3 weeks?! You already sent in your packet 3 right, based on the form they have posted online? You still haven't received a reply other than "not to send Packet 3" again? Have you tried calling them? I'm curious what this note on the Packet 3 form they have on their website really means. "NOTE: you are NOT authorized to schedule an interview appointment at this time. All unauthorized appointments will be cancelled without notice." Do they just not open it if you send it before officially receiving it from them?

That being said, not sure how interviews are actually booked? Do you log in to a website to book it? Do you need a code other than your Case Number? Gosh I wish there was a current online check-list for the Montreal Consulate specifically that is current.... 

@SMK 89I'm loving the fact that there's another Canadian January filer who needs to know everything.....I think we were surfing the same website at the very same time....lol

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/iv_services

Take a look at this link......

Timeline

@D&B @SMK 89 From what I understand... You will not receive Packet 4, until they accept your Packet 3 (and some people apparently never get Packet 3). Packet 4 should have the links to schedule your interview and pay the required fees. I could very well be wrong... If anyone knows for sure, please let me know!

This entire process is confusing AF.
CEAC website says my case is ready to schedule an interview; NVC's email says that the embassy will contact me 'soon' to schedule an interview; yet here is Montreal's response:

"...carefully note that you are not required to send your Packet 3 documents, and also not eligible to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, kenikki said:

Still waiting for packet 3 as well. 

20 hours ago, D&B said:

@D&B and @kenikki - did you try the above? did it work?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.