dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Called NVC just now. Spoke with Ivette (lovely lady). Case number and invoice number were just being inputted into their system, and she gave them to us over the phone. What opportune timing! (We'd only called twice before.) Case received by NVC March 12th, so it took just over 5 weeks. We're not a PIVOT case. :D :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
29 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Today the lawyer uploaded all the documents. 😃 I'm so happy. Thanks for your advice

Yayy!! Im gladd!! They should review within the next two weeks! I would say one week but its better to overestimate n be pleasantly surprised ☺️☺️

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/01/2018: USCIS case status update: Case forwarded to NVC
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/12/2018 NVC transferred to PIVOT department for Electronic Processing
03/27/2018 Case Number Received
03/27/2018 AOS & IV Fee Paid
03/29/2018 AOS & IV Fee status changed to "Paid"
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)
3/30/2018 DS 260 Completed

4/9/2018 AOS & IV Packets MAILED

4/10/2018 AOS & IV Packets UPLOADED 

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

4/24/2018 Case Completed- Received e-mail, status changed to "At NVC"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
5 hours ago, sunil1 said:

March 16. still waiting

I'm also March 16, i called and got the "it can take 8 weeks" story. im really hoping to get case number soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Raiona said:

Called NVC just now. Spoke with Ivette (lovely lady). Case number and invoice number were just being inputted into their system, and she gave them to us over the phone. What opportune timing! (We'd only called twice before.) Case received by NVC March 12th, so it took just over 5 weeks. We're not a PIVOT case. :D :D

congrats. this is giving me hope as mine was received March 16th.

8 minutes ago, SierraTenTango said:

Hello everybody. Can you guys explain to me what is a pivot and regular case? I don't understand these terms.

Pivot = electronic processing. You upload your NVC stage documents onto the online system or through email.

Regular = send in hard copy mail.

9 minutes ago, SierraTenTango said:

Hello everybody. Can you guys explain to me what is a pivot and regular case? I don't understand these terms.

PIVOT: scanned documents via email

REGULAR: documents via snail mail ( FEDEX is #1!! lol )

51 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

PIVOT: scanned documents via email

REGULAR: documents via snail mail ( FEDEX is #1!! lol )

So that's the only difference? What about processing time? Are they both the same?

3 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

So that's the only difference? What about processing time? Are they both the same?

Pivot: Case number takes longer to receive (About 3-5 weeks more). Case complete have been reported to be as quick as a week, although 3 weeks is a safer estimate.

Regular: Case number is assigned faster. Case complete can range between 3-6 weeks, although I have seen some cases completing in 7 days.

What I have learnt: Nothing is for certain. It's really a matter of your luck.

Just now, ms_bobdog said:

Pivot: Case number takes longer to receive (About 3-5 weeks more). Case complete have been reported to be as quick as a week, although 3 weeks is a safer estimate.

Regular: Case number is assigned faster. Case complete can range between 3-6 weeks, although I have seen some cases completing in 7 days.

What I have learnt: Nothing is for certain. It's really a matter of your luck.

Exactly...Have you heard regarding your case yet?  Hate this waiting game....

Just now, aywang said:

Exactly...Have you heard regarding your case yet?  Hate this waiting game....

My scan date is reportedly 12 April. The online status still says 'Submit requested documents'. I will be happy with an early May CC if it means I will get my interview in late June/early July. I hope to leave in mid July. I have secured Cathay Pacific air tickets as they were going for a price that was too good to miss :D Change of dates would cost me $100. No biggie there, but better if there is no need to change. Keeping fingers crossed for everyone!

5 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

My scan date is reportedly 12 April. The online status still says 'Submit requested documents'. I will be happy with an early May CC if it means I will get my interview in late June/early July. I hope to leave in mid July. I have secured Cathay Pacific air tickets as they were going for a price that was too good to miss :D Change of dates would cost me $100. No biggie there, but better if there is no need to change. Keeping fingers crossed for everyone!

My submitted date is April 15, and the online status still says submit documents as well.  I am hoping for a June/early July interview as well. We have got tickets for 3 of us at end of July. I would love to be able to add my hubbie! 

4 hours ago, Raiona said:

I thought they did it in batches, not after all. I am March 15 called nothing yet. While a March 14th received case number earlier this week. Anyways I expect 15-on to receive case numbers next week.

1 hour ago, ms_bobdog said:

Cathay Pacific is very familiar to me :jest: I rode this before the trip to Singapore with my Filipina wife and returned back to the Philippines to receive 1 year FREE Balikbayan visa without hassle to deal with BOI lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.