dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, evelynrosa said:

Hello! I received an email from NVC requesting one more financial document from our joint sponsor. However, the email said this:

“Do not send these documents to NVC. We will schedule your visa interview without reviewing these documents. Give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who will present them to a consular officer during the visa interview.”

Does this mean the case is complete???

Yeah that's a case complete, congratulations. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nellybee said:

Who else is interviewing in Lagos embassy on Tuesday. I'm so nervous 😢😢😢😢, I can't sleep. 

oh wow cant even imagine we dont even have interview date yet and get nervous thinking about it especially when read some case deny stories but have faith and be prepared and all will be well :)

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, evelynrosa said:

Hello! I received an email from NVC requesting one more financial document from our joint sponsor. However, the email said this:

“Do not send these documents to NVC. We will schedule your visa interview without reviewing these documents. Give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who will present them to a consular officer during the visa interview.”

Yep, congrats!

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nellybee said:

Who else is interviewing in Lagos embassy on Tuesday. I'm so nervous 😢😢😢😢, I can't sleep. 

I start having nightmare! Lol

I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
Receive I-864 Package :  
Interview Result :

Timeline
3 minutes ago, H&H. said:

oh wow cant even imagine we dont even have interview date yet and get nervous thinking about it especially when read some case deny stories but have faith and be prepared and all will be well :)

Thanks so much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

I see your case was completed on the 2nd of April. When did you get your interview date and did you call them Or they sent you an email? 

they schedule my interview in about 8 day and I have interview email 5 days after that 

Timeline
3 hours ago, evelynrosa said:

Hi got email as well 10 days back from NVC in regards to it W-2 from joint sponsor  however read the email if anywhere it did mention send the document to NVC case in on hold... later in email mentioned  will send case to interview however get those documents during interview 

However in 1st line they will mention their request to send it to them or take it during interview as it is pre typed format with few edits 

In my case I had to send it to them

Below shows how request was made...

------------------

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________ We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents. We found that you didn't provide all the necessary supporting documents or you had incomplete information or you missed some questions on the Affidavit of Support form(s). On the attached Affidavit of Support checklist, we have put an "X" by each item you need to correct. Go to the Department of State's website at http://nvc.state.gov/aos for English or http://nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol for Spanish and follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support form(s). From there, you can fill out a new form, sign, and send the form(s) to the NVC. We require an Affidavit of Support form for each case regardless of your income level. Your case is on hold until you send us the items we need. When you return the documents and completed Affidavit of Support form(s) to the NVC, please make sure that the documents are in the correct order, as stated in the I-864 Important Notice instructions. For Affidavit of Support (FAQs), go to http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-fre quently-asked-questions.html When responding to National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided. We reviewed the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and financial evidence you sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). According to the current poverty guidelines for a household of your size, the income you listed does not meet the minimum requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) on this petition. If you provided NVC with proof of assets in lieu of income in order to meet the minimum income threshold, please note these assets will not be evaluated by NVC and will only be considered at the time of the visa interview. NVC will continue working on your case and will schedule a visa interview appointment overseas. If you have not included evidence of your assets in your submission to NVC, please make sure that you bring the evidence to the interview appointment. If you do not have proof of assets to meet the minimum income requirement, we recommend that you seek a joint financial sponsor or a household member to join you in financially supporting these immigrant family members. 

Is it gonna look bad if I (beneficiary - non us citizen) quit my job 1-2 month before the expected interview date so that I can travel with my us citizen spouse in my home country before we move back to the US?

I know that it's written on their website that it's not recommend, but would I be looked at differently if I quit?

And by the way, we're using a joint sponsor for me, since my wife doesn't meet the requirements. 

Edited by Visa2017

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gayathri vallaban said:

My CC date 11th April 2018. From india.. still waiting for interview date... Does anyone know wen I would get my interview date ?? Has anyone around the same date got their interview scheduled with Mumbai embassy???? Pls help...

Did you call them?

They usually give interview date in end or start of month

Timeline
8 hours ago, Nellybee said:

Oh wow Congrats in advance... please do let us know how it goes. I'm interviewing in Lagos also but next month. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Visa2017 said:

Is it gonna look bad if I (beneficiary - non us citizen) quit my job 1-2 month before the expected interview date so that I can travel with my us citizen spouse in my home country before we move back to the US?

I know that it's written on their website that it's not recommend, but would I be looked at differently if I quit?

And by the way, we're using a joint sponsor for me, since my wife doesn't meet the requirements. 

It wont look bad. Its just advised against because you dont know what the outcome willbe, but if you are sure u will be approved it shouldnt be a problem. 

I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
Receive I-864 Package :  
Interview Result :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.