dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, NeerajPalak said:

I have the same status and i am not sure Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents.?? what does this status mean

@Mrskhan My SD 3/30 i need to confirm them on monday. When your check CEAC website does it say the same?

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NeerajPalak said:

@Mrskhan My SD 3/30 i need to confirm them on monday. When your check CEAC website does it say the same?

Yes ceac website says exactly what you wrote. On top it  says At NVC. Also when you go on your fees paid section the aos fees disappears. So you surely have a cc. Congratulations 

1 minute ago, MrsKhan said:

Yes ceac website says exactly what you wrote. On top it  says At NVC. Also when you go on your fees paid section the aos fees disappears. So you surely have a cc. Congratulations 

Yeah!!!! thats sounds great. What would be the next steps for scheduling the interview?  and CEAC status becomes Ready? Do we have to do anything at this point?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, nehallakhani said:

Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Reached consulate at 6:40-45 . Too many ppl were already standing opp to it as the line starts to form at 7 . More and more people started to gather and by 7:00 am ,the guy from inside embassy in uniform of purple shirt came out announced to form a line . Eventually they called the people in 
And were asked to present the passport and interview appointment letter and later started going thru the security for checking stuff. No smartwatch . No CD . If u bring CD they will take additional time opening it and all . Thankfully I wasn't carrying anything . Two lines are formed at security checkin. Similar setup to airport. Once thru security there is another line where you present the documents and are assigned a token number)) . Once your documents are verified and assigned a token number you wait for your number to be called for interview. This wait lasted about 0.5 hour for me . Handicapped and elders were given preference first and what it seemed like regional language preferred were also given preference. Once the number called out, I went to attend the interview and The interview lasted about 5-7 minute and co handed a paper saying visa is approved . 

Pro tip : 
Don't go too early as line starts only at 7 . I advice to be there by 6:30-45 not earlier than that . Also it doesn't matter if ur interview time is 7 /7:15/7:30 . They take u in altogether . I had 7:30 interview appointment yet was ahead of ppl with 7:00am .

)
Questions with interviewer : 

1) Who is calling u ( I answered husband ) . And who called him . How long has he been in USA 
2) How did u guys met 
3) Why was he contacting women from India ( was stuck there and asked 3 times ) 
4) How did u decide to get married
5)When did ur parents know of you both communicating
6) What does he do 
7) What is ur highest qualification 
8) Inspite of such qualification why do you wanna move USA
9) Did he visit to India after marriage 

She constantly types while I answer questions . After that she is like since your Visa is approved you should know about what to do if you experience domestic violence / Physical abbuse there . And makes me understand same and hands over a paper saying visa approved and the document for Immigration fee ($220) 

( PS : I wasn't asked any documents or proofs at the interview counter . Not even pictures . although I did get ready extensive documents all proved to be futile )

20th April I done with my fingerprinting at Mumbai vac 

my question is can you hear the CO voices clearly..? 

I have hard time to hear the officer with Mic who did my biometrics 

And my other question is what does mean 'who calling you' and who calling your husband or wife ? 

I don't understand this question 

Edited by Hitesh..Tammy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hitesh..Tammy said:

20th April I done with my fingerprinting at Mumbai vac 

my question is can you hear the CO voices clearly..? 

I have hard time to hear the officer with Mic who did my biometrics 

And my other question is what does mean 'who calling you' and who calling your husband or wife ? 

I don't understand this question 

Yes there was a little problem hearing . But i asked to repeat and  it was fine . 

Who is calling you as in who is petitioner and who called him ( husband ) as in how did he get to USA ,ie who filed for him . 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, nehallakhani said:

Yes there was a little problem hearing . But i asked to repeat and  it was fine . 

Who is calling you as in who is petitioner and who called him ( husband ) as in how did he get to USA ,ie who filed for him . 

Thank you for your response 

and congratulations 

our interview is 22nd May your information help us 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hitesh..Tammy said:

and congratulations 

I see your case was completed on the 2nd of April. When did you get your interview date and did you call them Or they sent you an email? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hitesh..Tammy said:

and congratulations 

You are welcome .

Timeline
2 hours ago, NeerajPalak said:

Yeah!!!! thats sounds great. What would be the next steps for scheduling the interview?  and CEAC status becomes Ready? Do we have to do anything at this point?

Now you wait for them to schedule your interview date.  From What I have read they schedule interviews end of the month/ beg of next month.  So hopefully we should get a date next week or the week after. 

18 hours ago, nehallakhani said:

Reached consulate at 6:40-45 . Too many ppl were already standing opp to it as the line starts to form at 7 . More and more people started to gather and by 7:00 am ,the guy from inside embassy in uniform of purple shirt came out announced to form a line . Eventually they called the people in 
And were asked to present the passport and interview appointment letter and later started going thru the security for checking stuff. No smartwatch . No CD . If u bring CD they will take additional time opening it and all . Thankfully I wasn't carrying anything . Two lines are formed at security checkin. Similar setup to airport. Once thru security there is another line where you present the documents and are assigned a token number)) . Once your documents are verified and assigned a token number you wait for your number to be called for interview. This wait lasted about 0.5 hour for me . Handicapped and elders were given preference first and what it seemed like regional language preferred were also given preference. Once the number called out, I went to attend the interview and The interview lasted about 5-7 minute and co handed a paper saying visa is approved . 

Pro tip : 
Don't go too early as line starts only at 7 . I advice to be there by 6:30-45 not earlier than that . Also it doesn't matter if ur interview time is 7 /7:15/7:30 . They take u in altogether . I had 7:30 interview appointment yet was ahead of ppl with 7:00am .

)

1) Who is calling u ( I answered husband ) . And who called him . How long has he been in USA 
2) How did u guys met 
6) What does he do 

She constantly types while I answer questions . After that she is like since your Visa is approved you should know about what to do if you experience domestic violence / Physical abbuse there . And makes me understand same and hands over a paper saying visa approved and the document for Immigration fee ($220) 

( PS : I wasn't asked any documents or proofs at the interview counter . Not even pictures . although I did get ready extensive documents all proved to be futile )

Thanks. Hey did you take I-864 and 2017 tax returns ?

18 hours ago, nehallakhani said:

Pro tip : 

)

2) How did u guys met 
6) What does he do 

and what was Q 3 ? Why was he contacting women from India

Timeline

for my ISL embassy peeps i had a question regarding showing pics at interview. i had my nikah done and was using that as marriage date and to start this process. it was a bit smaller function like 100 people and i have pics from that function. i did mehandi, barat walima and honeymoon  6 months after nikah. so i know my wedding date is my nikah date but is it ok if i show them pics from my mehndi, barat walima and honeymoon and tell them it was 6 months after nikah or will that be red flag for some reason and should only show pics from my nikah? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Hello! I received an email from NVC requesting one more financial document from our joint sponsor. However, the email said this:

“Do not send these documents to NVC. We will schedule your visa interview without reviewing these documents. Give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who will present them to a consular officer during the visa interview.”

Does this mean the case is complete???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.