dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Caro559 said:

Is she from Morelia or somewhere else? We're not sure if we have to get it from Morelia since that's the bigger and closest city rather than from the closest Pueblo he's from🤔

She is from Morelia. According to the State Department site, the police certificate must be from the State or Federal Government. Local police in smaller towns can't give official certificates, so if Morelia is close, that's where you'd go. On Michoacan's website, it says there are also offices in most larger cities in the state (7 cities listed). http://codigo.michoacan.gob.mx/tramites/tramite.php?id=335&Carta de Antecedentes No Penales (in Spanish). 

When she went, she had to bring her birth certificate, voter ID, utility bill (proof of domicile), and a small recent color photo ('tamaño infantil' in Mexico). It cost around 200 pesos and took a couple of hours to get. Also note the site above says that it is valid for one month (sorry, I was thinking it is longer), but the State Department considers it valid for a year.

4/22/17:   Got married in Mexico!

***I-130***

6/14/17:   I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

6/21/17:   NOA1 received by Potomac Service Center

12/26/17: I-130 approved

12/30/17: NOA2 received in the mail

1/2/18:      Case sent to NVC from Potomac

***NVC***

1/9/18:      Case received by NVC

1/24/18:    Case # and IIN obtained over the phone 

1/29/18:    Complete DS-261 

1/31/18:    Received NVC welcome letter and AOC invoice via email

1/31/18:    AOS fee paid

2/2/18:      AOS fee shows as paid on CEAC site

2/7/18:      IV fee invoiced and paid

2/12/18:    IV fee shows as paid on CEAC and DS-260 opens up

2/12/18:    Complete DS-260 

2/13/18:    IV and AOS packets sent to NVC

2/14/18:    IV and AOS packets delivered to NVC via FedEx

2/15/18:    Scan Date

3/12/18:    Case Complete

6/26/18:    Interview Scheduled

6/27/18:    Interview letter received via email

***CONSULATE***

*8/17/18:   Interview in Ciudad Juarez

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Violeta15 said:

I get it now, my situation seems completely different from yours. I didn’t have a lawyer and my husband has never been in the U.S. 

Hey! my husband is in the USA i am currently living in Mexico city , we do not need a waiver as we have not entered the USA to live there before nor we have been recepients of DACA  so no waiver is needed in our case , just the IV and the AOS fee paid for on the nvc stage , if anything my interview is on april 30th ill let you know how that went :)

Heres the link that tells you when you need a waiver https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-601instr.pdf

Edited by AnayraMG

Timeline
14 minutes ago, supernik87 said:

She is from Morelia. According to the State Department site, the police certificate must be from the State or Federal Government. Local police in smaller towns can't give official certificates, so if Morelia is close, that's where you'd go. On Michoacan's website, it says there are also offices in most larger cities in the state (7 cities listed). http://codigo.michoacan.gob.mx/tramites/tramite.php?id=335&Carta de Antecedentes No Penales (in Spanish). 

When she went, she had to bring her birth certificate, voter ID, utility bill (proof of domicile), and a small recent color photo ('tamaño infantil' in Mexico). It cost around 200 pesos and took a couple of hours to get. Also note the site above says that it is valid for one month (sorry, I was thinking it is longer), but the State Department considers it valid for a year.

Sorry for asking so many questions but did she go from the U.S. to Morelia or does she already live there? My husband is here in the U.S. and he's thinking on asking someone to go for him to get the paper (we're not sure if it's possible yet)

4 hours ago, iheartspink said:

And... that was the very first thing he said to him.  "where is your wife?" @Melencarnacion 

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it!!! :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paola93 said:

yes he did @Caro559 

Zamora was the closest to him instead of Morelia 

and one morning he left super early and was one of the first ones in line

and they asked him for his credencial, his birth certificate, infant size photos, and copy of the light bill ( he is currently living in michoacan)

and they told him to pick it up at 2:00 p.m. so he waited there for couple hours and received it the same day. 

That sounds pretty good, my husband is trying to avoid going all the way to Morelia from California (to save money) but I'm not sure if they can give it to someone else

What hotels is everyone staying in, in Juárez? Or recommend

Timeline
20 minutes ago, supernik87 said:

I just saw the link you gave me has the number I'm going to call and ask thank you for all the info 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On April 1, 2018 at 4:43 AM, Rawanruru said:

Who's here waiting for an interview in Jerusalem embassy?

Hi,  cc 3/22/2018 

got email 3/28/2018

praying and waiting for interview hoping in May it's been almost 2 years it's really been a long stressful journey I'm living with my husband in Israel now until he gets his interview I wish everyone good luck this month🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Caro559 said:

That sounds pretty good, my husband is trying to avoid going all the way to Morelia from California (to save money) but I'm not sure if they can give it to someone else

A lot of people are getting the police letter in Juarez. But I believe a family member can request it. as long as you take the things they request. you can call and ask. Because what if Juarez they can't give it to you. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Paola93 said:

A lot of people are getting the police letter in Juarez. But I believe a family member can request it. as long as you take the things they request. you can call and ask. Because what if Juarez they can't give it to you. 

My understanding is that it has to be from the state you lived in and that the only way someone can get it for you is it you go to the consulate and fill out power of attorney paperwork for them to take with them to get it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eclipz19 said:

My understanding is that it has to be from the state you lived in and that the only way someone can get it for you is it you go to the consulate and fill out power of attorney paperwork for them to take with them to get it.

That I do not know because my husband lives in mexico never been to the US and he went personally. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Caro559 said:

the two hotels I have been looking at to stay at is  Microtel inn & suites by wyndham and 

Holiday inn express & suites 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Caro559 said:

I just saw the link you gave me has the number I'm going to call and ask thank you for all the info 😊

I would also recommend contacting your closest Mexican Consulate (there are several in California) to see if they are able to request one for you, or if they can give you info on how to obtain one without having to go to Mexico to get it. I am not sure if someone else can get the certificate for him. My wife is living in Morelia, so I don't know the process for someone outside of Mexico.

4/22/17:   Got married in Mexico!

***I-130***

6/14/17:   I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

6/21/17:   NOA1 received by Potomac Service Center

12/26/17: I-130 approved

12/30/17: NOA2 received in the mail

1/2/18:      Case sent to NVC from Potomac

***NVC***

1/9/18:      Case received by NVC

1/24/18:    Case # and IIN obtained over the phone 

1/29/18:    Complete DS-261 

1/31/18:    Received NVC welcome letter and AOC invoice via email

1/31/18:    AOS fee paid

2/2/18:      AOS fee shows as paid on CEAC site

2/7/18:      IV fee invoiced and paid

2/12/18:    IV fee shows as paid on CEAC and DS-260 opens up

2/12/18:    Complete DS-260 

2/13/18:    IV and AOS packets sent to NVC

2/14/18:    IV and AOS packets delivered to NVC via FedEx

2/15/18:    Scan Date

3/12/18:    Case Complete

6/26/18:    Interview Scheduled

6/27/18:    Interview letter received via email

***CONSULATE***

*8/17/18:   Interview in Ciudad Juarez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.