aisha1109

K-1 Administrative Processing for non-required documents (Montreal Consulate)

29 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry to hear it is taking this long for this! It is awful!

Is your family there in the US already, or are they still with you? I think it is just a matter of time if they are already there.

Maybe your lawyer could intervene in your behalf and ask for a review of your case, and base it on family separation? I am not sure what is possible in this case, just speculating a solution. I am sure you have tried all possible options.

I am about 20 days to my interview, and hoping I don't get an AP.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/7/2018 at 6:54 PM, FERBOS said:

I am sorry to hear it is taking this long for this! It is awful!

Is your family there in the US already, or are they still with you? I think it is just a matter of time if they are already there.

Maybe your lawyer could intervene in your behalf and ask for a review of your case, and base it on family separation? I am not sure what is possible in this case, just speculating a solution. I am sure you have tried all possible options.

I am about 20 days to my interview, and hoping I don't get an AP.

It is more than 10 weeks now. No updates. Did a Senator enquiry last week, but more or less same answer. I don't know what to do. Anyone can help in this case? 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/11/2018 at 10:27 AM, aisha1109 said:

@FERBOS@SSeb

Sorry for posting here so late!

We got the visa in 7 weeks. Husband came through POE June 10th with no issues, and we got married June 17th. Now we are working on AOS and will send out application in the next few days. I will update my timeline soon so you guys can use as a reference.

I hope your visa petitions are going well! If you haven't received your visa yet, you will soon. Stay strong.

Good to know that. Mine is still AP after 10 weeks. Don't know what to do?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I should've read this post beforehand and took my resume & transcript since this is what they asked me for as well. Sent in both today, so keeping fingers crossed. Would they email themselves about acknowledgement of documents or I've to followup myself ?

Edited by Mevora

• 1 month later...
Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 4:09 PM, Mevora said:

I should've read this post beforehand and took my resume & transcript since this is what they asked me for as well. Sent in both today, so keeping fingers crossed. Would they email themselves about acknowledgement of documents or I've to followup myself ?

I am EB2 and my interview was August 17th in Montreal. The consular officer asked for my resume that shows education history, employment history and publications. They also requested my transcripts and have been sent by email. The CO told the review will take one month and then the passport will be requested and may take up to 3 months for visa issuance. My case get updated daily since I have done my interview but still under AP. I hope we hear soon and ask for my passport.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, AAA_can said:

I am EB2 and my interview was August 17th in Montreal. The consular officer asked for my resume that shows education history, employment history and publications. They also requested my transcripts and have been sent by email. The CO told the review will take one month and then the passport will be requested and may take up to 3 months for visa issuance. My case get updated daily since I have done my interview but still under AP. I hope we hear soon and ask for my passport.

Interesting that they're updating it on daily basis. In my case it got updated once they recieved my docs. I've emailed them again once the date became current but waiting for their response for 2 weeks now 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview last Sep 26 and I was not asked for any other docs. I had my CV, letter from current employer, and school transcripts in duplicates ready but was not asked for it. I’m a Biology and Medicine graduate from the Philippines. I think it’s still best to have these docs ready just in case they ask for it.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 9/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, R.Q. said:

I had my interview last Sep 26 and I was not asked for any other docs. I had my CV, letter from current employer, and school transcripts in duplicates ready but was not asked for it. I’m a Biology and Medicine graduate from the Philippines. I think it’s still best to have these docs ready just in case they ask for it.

Did your visa was approved? Or put on AP? Thanks

On 9/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, R.Q. said:

Visa was approved

You are k1 though.  OP was also k1 but from Pakistan.  The poster your are responding to is an EB2 so the petitioner is themselves not a USC spouse or fiancé. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also recently had my interview and was asked to send my resume, but didn't have it on me at the time of the interview. I work in a high technology field that could possibly fall under security review, however I was handed my passport back. Also the officer told me verbally that I need to send my resume however the sheet I was given does not show that I have to send that document. The officer also told me that I should wait for them to contact me. The sheet says that "We will contact you after Additional processing is completed". What should I do, should I send the document the officer clearly said they required and told me so verbally or should I wait for them to contact me like the official letter says ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.