SJ_Ulloa

Paid debts

10 posts in this topic

So my fiance  inherited  a debt when his father passed away that he recently paid off & I had just found out about. He sent me copies of the receipts showing they were paid off and he is obtaining a letter from the bank to indicate that the debt has been taken care of but I am concerned how this will impact us when they begin to process our paperwork. Should I send in copies of these receipts and the letter to the processing center asap that way when they do begin processing our paperwork, they will have the documents that show this has been taken care of or will this not come up as a problem beings it was paid off? I know here in the states it can take some time to clear from your records that it was settled, I am not sure how this works in the Dominican Republic and would rather be safe now than sorry later. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

So my fiance  inherited  a debt when his father passed away that he recently paid off & I had just found out about. He sent me copies of the receipts showing they were paid off and he is obtaining a letter from the bank to indicate that the debt has been taken care of but I am concerned how this will impact us when they begin to process our paperwork. Should I send in copies of these receipts and the letter to the processing center asap that way when they do begin processing our paperwork, they will have the documents that show this has been taken care of or will this not come up as a problem beings it was paid off? I know here in the states it can take some time to clear from your records that it was settled, I am not sure how this works in the Dominican Republic and would rather be safe now than sorry later. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. 

They look at the petitioners finances. Not the beneficiaries. You don't need to worry about debt your foreign fiancé has previously had.

Even so, he's paid off the debt so on a financial level you don't need to worry.

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

Thank you- this whole process gives me anxiety. 

If anyone ever says this process is fun or fast, it simply means they have never dealt with immigration......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

Thank you- this whole process gives me anxiety. 

No problem glad to help. 

Anxiety is totally normal in this process.

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

@SJ_Ulloa HEY friend dont worry, im the beneficiary, from Dominican Republic too, and im still paying my car loan, they look into the petitioner financial situation..

So keep calm and contiune working on your paperwork because if not an easy work... we both work on it... google share document, fill the 129-F together and review that 4  times before file! 

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! My fiancé has quite some debt he hasn't cleared out yet, I was worrying about this, however, they look into their current income to make sure they'll be able to support you, their debt or credit scores do not matter, there are posts on this website that talk about it :) 

thank you- that was one of my major concerns when I found out because I listed on the paperwork that he did not have any debts to find out that he did. SO it is comforting to know that it will not be a problem, especially beings that it has since been settled and we have at least 6 months before they start looking at out paperwork. 

My fiancee was concerns about it too. I say him is normal in this country for buy a car or a house ...i mean normally is taking a loan...yanno... but  if you pay on time its not a big deal... and also he ask me ,about if after we file 129f  is he responsible for my debts... HEll not man!!!.. hhahaha i  will just sell my car when the time comes and will be no loan...no debts :D

So quite ..quite...quite... 

Good luck! I wish approval for the love :D

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.