Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, RKX1101 said:

New filer joining in. I submitted on October 10th and got done with my biometrics already. I751 is still pending since Sept 2018 at CSC. When I filed N400 they transferred my I751 to the local office but then transferred it again to Potomac. Estimated completion date is dec 2020 lol. The officer at the biometrics said we're currently one of the slowest ones.

I filed 10 days before you (not a convo filer, however) and also gave a December 2020 estimated completion date. Which county are you? Do you fall into an area where your case might be transferred to Yakima or Portland? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I'm in king county so no chance of transfer. I'm stuck with Seattle lol.

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

25 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Thank you, how long did it take you to See the document showed up online. I h haven’t known the date and time yet. 

Hi Felicie,

first of all, congratulations for your interview date. I got a question for you- did it go estimated wait time down to 0 day before scheduling interview? 

Edited by Himal

36 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Thank you, how long did it take you to See the document showed up online. I h haven’t known the date and time yet. 

The letter takes around 4 days to post. If you call the customer service, they will tell you the date and time over the phone. 

12 minutes ago, Himal said:

Hi Felicie,

first of all, congratulations for your interview date. I got a question for you- did it go estimated wait time down to 0 day before scheduling interview? 

Yeah! It does go down to zero. 

1 hour ago, Himal said:

Hi Felicie,

It went down to 3 days, then the interview notice. 

1 hour ago, Curve said:

Mine and my husbands posted the very next day in the evening.

I guess ill check again later today to see then 

7 minutes ago, Felicie said:

So I get scheduled for Dec 9th at 2:30pm. It is sad, because same day ceremony is not going to happen. After the interview, in your experience, how long did it take you to get the oath? 

This was my timeline:

My interview was Feb 28, Got the email about oath scheduled on 3/8 (letter didn't post till 3/11), oath was 4/11.

I understand the disappointment, but having an earlier appointment doesn't mean you'll have the same day oath.  Mine was at 8AM and unfortunately I got a junior officer who couldn't approve the same day oath. 

23 minutes ago, Felicie said:

So I get scheduled for Dec 9th at 2:30pm. It is sad, because same day ceremony is not going to happen. After the interview, in your experience, how long did it take you to get the oath? 

Happened to a close friend of mine too. They will ask you what dates you can come in for the oath. You get to pick and choose. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.