NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

22 hours ago, mbalih said:

Wow - please forgive my ignorance....but why such a high rate of denials? Any insight?

They don't provide insights into the reasons for denial but usually failure of background checks on basis of false data submission, some serious criminal charges, as well some Test failures are common. Overall USA for that last reported quarter was about 11% denials and Seattle is around 13% + denials.

22 hours ago, swadesi said:

New quarterly reports are out, and the numbers are still as pathetic as ever. 

Received Approved Pending Denied
Jan-March 31 2019 4075 1640 22831 446
April 1 - June 30, 2019 4315 4385 4385 226
July 1 - September 30, 2019 4628 2621 18805 273
October 1 - December 31, 2019 5043 3192 18203 158
January 1 - March 31, 2020 4983 4197 19333 219
April 1 - June 30, 2020 3499 1369 21688 125
July 1 - September 30, 2020 6593 1797 27326 279

Yikes so re-opening of offices in June did not really speed up anything 😞 27K backlog with 2K processing speed/quarter 😞  Yes - of course things will improve with vaccine rollout in this year but it will not come to normal levels at least until Q4 this year it seems

8 minutes ago, L1 & L2 said:

They don't provide insights into the reasons for denial but usually failure of background checks on basis of false data submission, some serious criminal charges, as well some Test failures are common. Overall USA for that last reported quarter was about 11% denials and Seattle is around 13% + denials.

Wow, thank you. Very informative. 

No news for me...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

Now a US citizen!

15 hours ago, thewaitingame said:

I’ll apply for N400 soon and with how slow the Seattle office is, I’m very tempted to “move” to my parents’ place for faster processing... or Yakima lol

What a perfect user name for someone going through the Seattle office! 😀

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

48 minutes ago, Love_Victoria said:

Does anybody know if the oath ceremonies are happening the same day? We have our interview next week. In the application, we had asked for name change but if the process is going to get delayed, the we will just stick with our current names :) 

They are surely taking place on the same day. As mentioned earlier in one of my posts, same interview officer after finishing interview will administer the oath and then you will be asked to wait outside to pick up the certificate. Not sure how the process works with name change request etc. Not familiar with that

6 hours ago, Love_Victoria said:

Does anybody know if the oath ceremonies are happening the same day? We have our interview next week. In the application, we had asked for name change but if the process is going to get delayed, the we will just stick with our current names :) 

If I remember right, there have to be a judge for the oath to be able to change name, or some kind of an authorized officer. I recommend you ask the officer and check possibilities. Please, let us know as I am also changing name and wishing that this will be possible. 

On 2/1/2021 at 10:40 AM, Shivoham said:

Anyone got an Interview call recently? 

Update: Being a Sep 10 2019 filer, i had been checking my status everyday online. Yesterday (Feb 2), my status online changed to 'Interview was scheduled'. Like others, i hope to receive the interview date in a day or two. Funny thing is that the online status also shows 6 months wait time (meaning it has no relevance at all). 

Based on our tracker, the USCIS has got quite predictable, so much that i had anticipated my status change to be on Feb 2, and that's when it happened. Now, i expect my interview to fall on march 1st or 2nd. let's see :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shivoham said:

Update: Being a Sep 10 2019 filer, i had been checking my status everyday online. Yesterday (Feb 2), my status online changed to 'Interview was scheduled'. Like others, i hope to receive the interview date in a day or two. Funny thing is that the online status also shows 6 months wait time (meaning it has no relevance at all). 

Based on our tracker, the USCIS has got quite predictable, so much that i had anticipated my status change to be on Feb 2, and that's when it happened. Now, i expect my interview to fall on march 1st or 2nd. let's see :)

That's awesome! Congratulations and good luck with it.

5 hours ago, Shivoham said:

Congratulations!!

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.