CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MrPonjikkara said:

Applied in July. PD is August 04. Havent heard anything at all!

I saw someone above who applied on Sept 10 getting an interview. Wondering why mine is getting delayed? Anyone else here with August time frame waiting?

I didnt even get a biometric reuse or biometric notification... Thats kinda disappointing!

I also applied in mid-August and still waiting. I had the biometric reuse notice in October but nothing has happened so far. The estimated completion time on my profile was for February 2021, but it was changed to June 2021 a couple of weeks ago. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Houman said:

I also applied in mid-August and still waiting. I had the biometric reuse notice in October but nothing has happened so far. The estimated completion time on my profile was for February 2021, but it was changed to June 2021 a couple of weeks ago. 

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even get any update on my biometric, that's what making me disappointed. If i had got some update on biometric I would have shut up and waited and not stressed about it. My estimated waiting time now says longer than expected(was supposed to be Jan). I did file mine through an attorney though so am starting to wonder if that's what's causing the delay.

4 hours ago, MrPonjikkara said:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even get any update on my biometric, that's what making me disappointed. If i had got some update on biometric I would have shut up and waited and not stressed about it. My estimated waiting time now says longer than expected(was supposed to be Jan). I did file mine through an attorney though so am starting to wonder if that's what's causing the delay.

Yes, I understand it's very frustrating not to have any update. But based on my previous experience (which I'm sure you've also filed other applications), there are many instances where they forget to update the system. For instance, I got my 10yr GreenCard in August after getting an RFE, but the system still shows "fingerprint is taken." I honestly don't think an attorney would cause any delay. It's probably because of change of administrations and the pandemic that some cases are delayed. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Houman said:

Yes, I understand it's very frustrating not to have any update. But based on my previous experience (which I'm sure you've also filed other applications), there are many instances where they forget to update the system. For instance, I got my 10yr GreenCard in August after getting an RFE, but the system still shows "fingerprint is taken." I honestly don't think an attorney would cause any delay. It's probably because of change of administrations and the pandemic that some cases are delayed. 

Thanks for your kind words my friend. 

On 1/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, Cheese_lover33 said:

During the interview, the only address the IO asked me to provide is my current address, no any other address was asked. 

Thanks for the answer! 

as a spouse of a US citizen, the followings are the list of documents I will be bringing. Please do tell if I am missing something. 
*Spouse’s birth certificate

*tax returns

*state ID 

*green card

*marriage certificate 

*social security card

*Joint Bank account

*birth certificate 

*all of my passports

2 hours ago, Dkell said:

Does oath ceremony letter get posted under documents tab in USCIS account? I had my interview recently and wondering how soon the letter gets posted or just comes in snail mail.

yes, it should first appear under the "status" tab, showing that your status has changed. Then the Notice should be showing up under the Document Tab the next business day. That was my experience. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Portugreece said:

Thanks for the answer! 

as a spouse of a US citizen, the followings are the list of documents I will be bringing. Please do tell if I am missing something. 
*Spouse’s birth certificate

*tax returns

*state ID 

*green card

*marriage certificate 

*social security card

*Joint Bank account

*birth certificate 

*all of my passports

sorry, I applied not based on marriage, so can not really tell what other documents you might need 🙂  but looks like you have a comprehensive list which covers all important items. Depends on the IO, in my case, the only document I was asked to show is my Green Card (although I also prepared a big folder full of documents):-) Good luck to you!

37 minutes ago, Portugreece said:

Do the IO asks follow up questions from the N400 like , “do you know what that means??? “

Like randomly ask what “military unit” means or “genocide” from part 12 of N400 form. 

I passed the Interview! I was nervous about being talkative as my Dad advises me “less talk, less mistake!”. I was scheduled at 10:40am, I arrived there at 10:25am. It’s pretty easy to go to the right direction as the staff is guiding you to go where to go from the metal detectors to the staff who checks your Interview letter.  After getting my temperature and the staff check my letter, I was told to go sit right next to the door. Turn off your phone at the waiting room, don’t let them catch you using your phone! 

The interview was smooth. The tests were blurry in my memory 🥲 reading test is about Columbus, and the writing is about Columbus, I think I misspelled his name to “Columbos” even though I’ve read his name on the reading test. It doesn’t matter because I passed it anyway. The civics questions I remembered were 

*When do we celebrate Independence Day?

*What are the two rights of the declaration of Independence?

*Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme court? 

I forgot the rest 🥲

Thank goodness there were no Vocabularies! I was more worried about that because I have a friend who has been memorizing it back in Texas and their IO asks them the definition of terms. 

He asked me about how I met my husband. That’s pretty much it! 

Thank you for all the tips and Good luck everyone! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, Portugreece said:

I passed the Interview! I was nervous about being talkative as my Dad advises me “less talk, less mistake!”. I was scheduled at 10:40am, I arrived there at 10:25am. It’s pretty easy to go to the right direction as the staff is guiding you to go where to go from the metal detectors to the staff who checks your Interview letter.  After getting my temperature and the staff check my letter, I was told to go sit right next to the door. Turn off your phone at the waiting room, don’t let them catch you using your phone! 

The interview was smooth. The tests were blurry in my memory 🥲 reading test is about Columbus, and the writing is about Columbus, I think I misspelled his name to “Columbos” even though I’ve read his name on the reading test. It doesn’t matter because I passed it anyway. The civics questions I remembered were 

*When do we celebrate Independence Day?

*What are the two rights of the declaration of Independence?

*Who is the Chief Justice of the Supreme court? 

I forgot the rest 🥲

Thank goodness there were no Vocabularies! I was more worried about that because I have a friend who has been memorizing it back in Texas and their IO asks them the definition of terms. 

He asked me about how I met my husband. That’s pretty much it! 

Thank you for all the tips and Good luck everyone! 

Congrats, I am glad everything worked out well

10 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Post oath ceremony

FB_IMG_1611599309515.jpg.3f3debbed00b570abe1241f8dffd5bbd.thumb.jpg.906016d6ffef00edd159681cad6bb290.jpg

congratulations!! 

I have my ceremony coming up very soon and I started to check the passport application process, it is a bit confusing.. I am wondering whether you have started the process? any experience to share? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.