seantruce

Getting Sued using I864 part 2

141 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, seantruce said:

I do not want a public charge, I just want people to support themselves if they want to be here.

What if, within 2 years of marriage, the foreign spouse becomes very ill (and cannot work)....and the USC decides he/she want to divorce the foreign spouse........what do you propose ?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, seantruce said:

I do not want a public charge, I just want people to support themselves if they want to be here.

You can see here on VJ that there are many conflicting opinions about what this document means:

I was believing what I read at first and that is what my ex told me.

I was tricked.

Because you didn't do your own research and you decided to trust a web forum and took everything said on it as truth instead of going to the official source aka uscis.gov. 

Timeline

I don't understand why I am accused of being a troll here. I have a genuine issue. It is used as a tool to con people, like me.

This is the part that makes you sound like a troll. Because instead of admitting that this is your own fault. You blame everything on a form that you signed and you now regret because your marriage failed. 

I didn't say to stop posting. If my opinion bothers you, then let's have a debate.

Not what you said. 

14 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

I think before you talk about stopping the i864 because it’s causing you issues due to your personal mistake,

note that the main objective of the form I believe was to prove that the beneficiary would not be a public charge. 

I think it does not only apply to spouses. It also applies to other family members. 

Before you want to campaign for removing the form, I think you should understand the main objective of the form and if your new suggestion does not achieve the objective of the form but is just for your own cause, ....

My personal mistake... Ok, I should not have married that girl. Many people make that mistake. If I was divorcing an American I would have already been done paying support by now. If someone wants to be here, they should be required to work and not live off any American.

Timeline

I didn't say to stop posting. If my opinion bothers you, then let's have a debate.

You said " If you do not like it, you do not have to be here. "   That is a violation of TOS.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

8 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Expressing an opinion and breaking the Terms of Conditions of this website are two very different things. Telling someone they can't post is also a violation to the TOS.

I just said that "you do not have to be here" I welcome you to be here.

People here are sure set on picking apart little details and taking advantage of them.

Let's have a discussion!

9 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

If your spouse is unable to support herself, because of illness or disability, your suggestion would be?  

She is able to work, but there is nothing in the affidavit of support that requires her to work. In fact if she works for 10 years, she will give up her right to sue me. If she makes less than $30k, she will have no financial benefit.

She has no benefit for working unless she can make a lot of money. She has told me that she will never work and I will support her for the rest of her life after a short marriage.

Timeline

I just said that "you do not have to be here" I welcome you to be here.

People here are sure set on picking apart little details and taking advantage of them.

Let's have a discussion!

Please read the TOS: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

7 minutes ago, missileman said:

What if, within 2 years of marriage, the foreign spouse becomes very ill (and cannot work)....and the USC decides he/she want to divorce the foreign spouse........what do you propose ?

Then I would be ok with reimbursing the government for services.

I am trying to be fair. She is just using the system against me. She told me she would never work and I would have to support her forever. She has no physical reason why she cannot work. She just refuses to because the i864 gives her $30k/year in perpetuity for not working.

Timeline

My personal mistake... Ok, I should not have married that girl. Many people make that mistake. If I was divorcing an American I would have already been done paying support by now. If someone wants to be here, they should be required to work and not live off any American.

It seems to me that most people have read the I-864 and considered its future impact BEFORE marriage......I know I did...Immigration is not something to be entered into lightly.  But you say that "she did the paperwork for USCIS" and "she signed my name to lot of things".......

She is able to work, but there is nothing in the affidavit of support that requires her to work. In fact if she works for 10 years, she will give up her right to sue me. If she makes less than $30k, she will have no financial benefit.

She has no benefit for working unless she can make a lot of money. She has told me that she will never work and I will support her for the rest of her life after a short marriage.

How do you suggest the affidavit of support be rewritten so you are responsible for her then?  Maybe she has some mental disability... Would be convenient to get out and say she's scamming you, no?

8 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

This is the part that makes you sound like a troll. Because instead of admitting that this is your own fault. You blame everything on a form that you signed and you now regret because your marriage failed. 

Not what you said. 

I thought a troll was someone paid to go to a chat forum and pretend they were someone else to further a political or other agenda. I am not that. I am a real person that is getting taken advantage of due to the i864

Timeline

I thought a troll was someone paid to go to a chat forum and pretend they were someone else to further a political or other agenda. I am not that. I am a real person that is getting taken advantage of due to the i864

google it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.