Fredd

SLEC MEDICAL EXPERIENCE SPUTUM, PSYCH REFERRAL

30 posts in this topic

I just wanna share my experience on my medical last March 13, 2018 at SLEC, interview was suppose to be on March 16.

it seems that i had the worse medical at SLEC during that time.

step 1 - cashier (cashier will tell you where to go next, it is always different, not in order. This is how my order goes)

step 2 - laboratory blood test and urine

step 3 - xray

step 4 - immunization interview (while waiting for my turn in immunization interview, my name was called to go back to xray and have another xray on a different view and position, at this point i was really stressed and i already thought that maybe i will be a candidate for sputum.)

step 5 -  vitals signs, and physical test. (During physical test theres a rapid fire question by the doctor, i was asked if i had marijuana or shabu or any other drugs before, i am being honest i said i had marijuana for once only never happened again that was 5 months ago, and because of that i was referred to a psychiatrist. Yes, you are right i am the stupidest person there, sometimes it is not good to be honest. 

Step 6 - asked to go back in xray area in US checkout counter, receptionist told me that i have to go back at 1pm for further instructions, its just 10am so i went to robinsons had my lunch there. Really anxious and worried about my xray result.

1pm went back to xray area, my name was called and other patients as well to go to laboratory. The nurse there explained that we have to go back next week in 3 consecutive days for sputum. When i heard that news i was really devastated, i never had a problem with my xray, i had regular xray in college every enrollment and had a regular xray in work during annual physical examination, the most recent one that i had was last november 2017 and there was No problem, it was the most stressful day that i ever had, really difficult to sleep, crying a lot while talking to my fiancee.

We have to cancel everything, the hotel and interview appointment.

on the otherside, i am really worried if i really have TB or what. Today i have appointment at Healthway to meet a Pulmonologist to consult and ask whats the best laboratory test to get to really determine if i have TB. Should i  get blood test or PPD tuberculin skintest. Just for my peace of mind, i dont wanna be anxious for the next 8 weeks.

i am just really thankful for having a supportive fiancee, he told me if i will get positive in sputum smears or in TB Culture, he will come here in Manila to be with me while having my medication. and of course i really hope and pray it wont happen.

your thoughts and advice will be highly appreciated, thank you so much! 

K1

July 31, 2017     -     I-129F sent to USCIS

August 3, 2017  -     I-129F received by USCIS

August 7, 2017  -     NOA 1 Received

Feb 12, 2018      -     NOA 2 Approval

Feb 16, 2018      -     NOA 2 Physical mail received

March 01, 2018 -     NVC Received file from USCIS

March 02, 2018 -     NVC Case number received 

March 09, 2018 -     NVC Left, "IN TRANSIT"

March 12, 2018 -     Manila Time US Embassy Manila Received file from NVC

March 13, 2018 -     St. Lukes medical

May 23, 2018      -    US Embassy Manila interview

May 23 to 29      -     Administrative Processing

May 29, 2018     -     Change from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant

May 30, 2018     -     CEAC change to ISSUED

June 01, 2018      -     Passport with Visa on hand

June 04, 2018      -     SFO International Airport, Port of entry

June 14, 2018     -     San Francisco City Hall Wedding

AOS EAD AP

July 13, 2018     -     Sent  AOS, EAD & AP

July 26, 2018     -     PD

Nov 02, 2018     -     Case Approved

Nov 06, 2018     -     Card was mailed to me

Nov 07, 2018     -     Card was picked by USCIS

Nov 08, 2018     -     Card on hand

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Fredd said:

I just wanna share my experience on my medical last March 13, 2018 at SLEC, interview was suppose to be on March 16.

step 1 - cashier (cashier will tell you where to go next, it is always different, not in order. This is how my order goes)

step 3 - xray

step 4 - immunization interview (while waiting for my turn in immunization interview, my name was called to go back to xray and have another xray on a different view and position, at this point i was really stressed and i already thought that maybe i will be a candidate for sputum.)

step 5 -  vitals signs, and physical test. (During physical test theres a rapid fire question by the doctor, i was asked if i had marijuana or shabu or any other drugs before, i am being honest i said i had marijuana for once only never happened again that was 5 months ago, and because of that i was referred to a psychiatrist. Yes, you are right i am the stupidest person there, sometimes it is not good to be honest. 

Step 6 - asked to go back in xray area in US checkout counter, receptionist told me that i have to go back at 1pm for further instructions, its just 10am so i went to robinsons had my lunch there. Really anxious and worried about my xray result.

1pm went back to xray area, my name was called and other patients as well to go to laboratory. The nurse there explained that we have to go back next week in 3 consecutive days for sputum. When i heard that news i was really devastated, i never had a problem with my xray, i had regular xray in college every enrollment and had a regular xray in work during annual physical examination, the most recent one that i had was last november 2017 and there was No problem, it was the most stressful day that i ever had, really difficult to sleep, crying a lot while talking to my fiancee.

on the otherside, i am really worried if i really have TB or what. Today i have appointment at Healthway to meet a Pulmonologist to consult and ask whats the best laboratory test to get to really determine if i have TB. Should i  get blood test or PPD tuberculin skintest. Just for my peace of mind, i dont wanna be anxious for the next 8 weeks.

i am just really thankful for having a supportive fiancee, he told me if i will get positive in sputum smears or in TB Culture, he will come here in Manila to be with me while having my medication. and of course i really hope and pray it wont happen.

St. Luke's has a required process for TB testing, do not go to an outside laboratory.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

15 hours ago, Fredd said:

No, that was absolutely the correct thing to do. Being honest is best, and the only legal option. Lying is never the right thing to do with immigration...the consequences are quite severe (i.e. a permanent bar for misrepresentation...they don't kid around here).

The nurse there explained that we have to go back next week in 3 consecutive days for sputum. When i heard that news i was really devastated, i never had a problem with my xray, i had regular xray in college every enrollment and had a regular xray in work during annual physical examination, the most recent one that i had was last november 2017 and there was No problem

I'm so sorry you have to go through the extra wait and stress for sputum collection/results. They are checking for any signs of TB, which generally aren't detected in routine tests. They take TB really seriously at SLEC.

I believe the blood test is more accurate, but I really, really suggest not letting it worry you or doing other testing on your own. SLEC will do the sputum collection/testing and it will probably be negative. You'll be alright in the end. :)

Outside tests won't change what SLEC requires either way. And definitely don't do any treatment for TB outside SLEC.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

16 hours ago, Fredd said:

step 3 - xray

When all is said and done, it is better to know that you are TB free and while a little more wait is tough, you WILL be with your loved one and you will know you are TB free.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 17 March 2018 at 4:12 AM, geowrian said:

No, that was absolutely the correct thing to do. Being honest is best, and the only legal option. Lying is never the right thing to do with immigration...the consequences are quite severe (i.e. a permanent bar for misrepresentation...they don't kid around here).

I'm so sorry you have to go through the extra wait and stress for sputum collection/results. They are checking for any signs of TB, which generally aren't detected in routine tests. They take TB really seriously at SLEC.

I believe the blood test is more accurate, but I really, really suggest not letting it worry you or doing other testing on your own. SLEC will do the sputum collection/testing and it will probably be negative. You'll be alright in the end. :)

Outside tests won't change what SLEC requires either way. And definitely don't do any treatment for TB outside SLEC.

Thank you so much ☺️

On 17 March 2018 at 4:48 AM, John & Rose said:

When all is said and done, it is better to know that you are TB free and while a little more wait is tough, you WILL be with your loved one and you will know you are TB free.  

Thank you for the kind words John & Rose ☺️☺️

K1

AOS EAD AP

I just wanna share this data from SLEC, this is really helped me understand more about their process, i can say that they are really strict about TB. 

6,341 out of 46,119 (13.7%) was suspected for TB or easy who have seen some abnormalities on their Xray.

543 out 6,341 (8.6%) number of Active cases

Smear negative but positive culture - 329

smear negative negative culture - 5,798

i Am hoping that i willbe part of smear negative and culture negative 😌😌

Thank you everyone!

image.jpeg

K1

AOS EAD AP

Timeline

When you add in that the Philippines is one of the top 10 countries for TB 13%  isn't a surprise

There are 22 countries that since 1998 have been considered to be the TB “high burden” countries (HBCs). These are the countries that have been given the highest priority at global level. In addition to India, Indonesia and China, the other countries are Nigeria, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh, Philippines, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Myanmar, UR Tanzania, Mozambique, Viet Nam, Russian Federation, Thailand, Kenya, Brazil, Uganda, Afghanistan, Cambodia & Zimbabwe.

The 22 high burden countries accounted for 83% of all estimated incident cases worldwide 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you everyone! So Hank, what do i need to do now? Do i need to get a new form for i134, with wet signature? My i134 was filled out last November, i assume i will have my interview on May, is it still good? 

K1

AOS EAD AP

Timeline

If the income information hasn't changed  you may be just fine with the I-134 you already have.  

Since 2014 USEM has been very sporadic with even asking for support evidence.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 months later...

UPDATE 

MAY 18 2018 i had my psych evaluation, it went well just a protocol and cost us additional 2,000 pesos.

MAY 22, 2018 i had my 2 vaccines, they didnt give me the vaccine for chicken pox since i was able to show them scar from my chicken pox before. If you are going to tell them that you had chicken pox before you need to show a scar.

i wasnt aware that they wont give you the brown envelope if you underwent sputum, i didnt know that they are the one who'll give the medical result to the US Embassy. I have 221g because of this, my interview was May 23, it went well tho..

K1

AOS EAD AP

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, Fredd said:

UPDATE 

MAY 18 2018 i had my psych evaluation, it went well just a protocol and cost us additional 2,000 pesos.

MAY 22, 2018 i had my 2 vaccines, they didnt give me the vaccine for chicken pox since i was able to show them scar from my chicken pox before. If you are going to tell them that you had chicken pox before you need to show a scar.

i wasnt aware that they wont give you the brown envelope if you underwent sputum, i didnt know that they are the one who'll give the medical result to the US Embassy. I have 221g because of this, my interview was May 23, it went well tho..

Any update on your case status now?

On 6/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, Louize said:

Any update on your case status now?

I had my POE JUNE 4 

K1

AOS EAD AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.