1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
55 minutes ago, VG31 said:

You're correct @Bfree3, They will adjudicate i-130 at the time of your interview. That's what my attorney told me today. So I guess it doesn't matter for how long i-130 is pending, key is how soon you will be called for an interview and then only you will know :)

It's a difficult time to keep waiting for more than 2.5 years with no sign of a light :(.

That's good to know!

Good news, I receive the email regarding the interview was scheduled last night around 6PM, I'm waiting for the mail now.

I'm expecting the interview should be in Sept.

I think this timeline is just as predicted, so if you have similar timeline of mine, I believe you will get interview schedule very soon as well.

Good luck everyone!

F2A I-130 Priority Date: 3/7/2017

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

AOS Package PD: 3/12/2018 (I-485, EAD, AP)

NOA1  / E-Notification: 3/26/2018

Physical Mail: 3/31/ 2018

Biometric Appointment: 4/16/2018

I-131/I-765 Approval letter received:  6/8/2018 

EAD/AP combo card received: 6/27/2018

I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 6/13/2018

I-130 approved: 10/4/2018

I-131/I-765 Combo card renew: 3/25/2019

F2A PD current in May 2019

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, ladybirdapple said:

Good news, I receive the email regarding the interview was scheduled last night around 6PM, I'm waiting for the mail now.

I'm expecting the interview should be in Sept.

I think this timeline is just as predicted, so if you have similar timeline of mine, I believe you will get interview schedule very soon as well.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations on that, please keep us posted once you receive the letter with your interview date.

Good luck for your preparation.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Good Morning everyone,

I had my AOS interview yesterday in Dallas, Texas. It went smooth and I was approved on the spot. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes with lot of questions but none of the questions was unusual. 

Thanks to the people of this forum for helping me and supporting me throughout the entire process. 

Good luck to the all future interviewees.

June 28, 2018         : AOS Package Sent

July 02, 2018          : AOS Package delivered at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

July 10, 2018          : Received USCIS e-notification for AOS package reception

July 14, 2018          : Received hardcopies of all 3 NOA1s by mail

July 20, 2018          : Received Biometric Appointment Notice by mail || Appointment date: August 3, 2018

July 25, 2018          : Biometrics done in Lubbock, TX - Early Walk-In successful!

July 31, 2018          : Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 2, 2018       : I-130 petition approved (received e-notification)

August 6, 2018       : Received I-130 approval notice (NOA2) by mail 

October 25, 2018   : I-765 approved (received e-notification _ New Card Is Being Produced)

October 28, 2018   : Received I-765 & I-131 approval notice by mail

November 1, 2018 : Received EAD Combo Card by mail

July 03, 2019          : An Interview was scheduled

July 11, 2019          : Received Interview Notice by mail

August 8, 2019       : Attended AOS interview and got approved

August 12, 2019     : Received AOS approval notice by mail

August 15, 2019     : Received Green Card by mail

Timeline
2 hours ago, AhsanTX said:

Good Morning everyone,

I had my AOS interview yesterday in Dallas, Texas. It went smooth and I was approved on the spot. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes with lot of questions but none of the questions was unusual. 

Thanks to the people of this forum for helping me and supporting me throughout the entire process. 

@AhsanTX Many Congratulations on one of the biggest day of your life. Really very happy for you. Please let us know once you receive your GC in mail. Can you please do me a favor and point out the questions that were asked to you for your i-485 ?

As usual my situation has not changed and still awaiting for my i-130 to adjudicate and also for my interview to be schedule for i-485.

Good luck for your future my friend and congratulations once again.

Edited by VG31

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
13 hours ago, AhsanTX said:

Good Morning everyone,

@AhsanTXCongrats and best of luck for your future.

So I got the interview letter on Monday, it’s scheduled on 9/18/2019.

It asked to bring:

(1) A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted). (2.) A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence.... for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted).

I have submitted these two forms with all support documents before, do I need to re-submit? My medical examination were submit more than one year since I submit it on March 2018, do I need to do it again and bring it to the interview? Can someone answer if you attend the interview after one year of their 485 application submission?

Thanks in advance!

F2A I-130 Priority Date: 3/7/2017

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

AOS Package PD: 3/12/2018 (I-485, EAD, AP)

NOA1  / E-Notification: 3/26/2018

Physical Mail: 3/31/ 2018

Biometric Appointment: 4/16/2018

I-131/I-765 Approval letter received:  6/8/2018 

EAD/AP combo card received: 6/27/2018

I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 6/13/2018

I-130 approved: 10/4/2018

I-131/I-765 Combo card renew: 3/25/2019

F2A PD current in May 2019

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have received my Green Card today. It has 10 years validity. I believe the reason for this validity is getting Green Card after being married for more than 2 years.

@VG31 I can't remember all the questions but I am trying to list the ones I remember below. My interview was at 8am and we reached there around 7:45am. There was a queue but we managed to attend the interview on time. I would recommend everyone arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time.

The interviewer was very friendly but professional. He knew exactly what he was doing even if he was joking in between questions. He asked questions randomly to me and my wife (switched back and forth).

Questions:

1. What is my full name and date of birth (same question to my wife)
  2. Where do we live.
  3. Where was my wife born (Question to my wife)
  4. How did we meet each other.
  5. Where was the wedding.
  6. How many people attended the wedding. 
  7. How my wife got her green card. (Question to my wife)
  8. Saw picture of us together of the wedding and other occasions. Kept 10 pictures out of them for his record. (asked my wife to choose any 10 photos from the album)
  9. Kept copies of joint lease document and copy home ownership documents.
  10. Asked for the I-130 Approval Notice. 
  11. Asked about my priority date and if it is current. (After asking me he checked the priority date himself and told me it's current)
  12. Wanted to learn more about our wedding system (Muslim Wedding).
  13. Wanted to learn more about the city we live in.
  14. How we went to the interview.
  15. What hotel did we stay in. (Question to my wife)
  16. How I am at home (lazy/active) 😄. (Question to my wife)
  17. What are my wife's parent's full names. (Question to my wife)
  18. Where do I work.
  19. Asked about my monthly salary and my designation.
  20. When did I entered US last time.
  21. Where and what did study in the US. 
  22. How long have we been married. 

In between asking questions he was doing something in the computer and took notes on a paper of answers to some of the questions above. 

Then he asked if we had any questions. I just asked if I was approved. He said everything looks good and I should receive the Green Card within 2 weeks or 1 month.

Note: I submitted the I-693 and I-864 along with my application 1 year ago. I did not re-do them and the interviewer also didn't ask for them.

I will update my post if I remember any other question that was asked.

Best wishes for all the future interviewee.

Edited by AhsanTX

June 28, 2018         : AOS Package Sent

July 02, 2018          : AOS Package delivered at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

July 10, 2018          : Received USCIS e-notification for AOS package reception

July 14, 2018          : Received hardcopies of all 3 NOA1s by mail

July 20, 2018          : Received Biometric Appointment Notice by mail || Appointment date: August 3, 2018

July 25, 2018          : Biometrics done in Lubbock, TX - Early Walk-In successful!

July 31, 2018          : Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 2, 2018       : I-130 petition approved (received e-notification)

August 6, 2018       : Received I-130 approval notice (NOA2) by mail 

October 25, 2018   : I-765 approved (received e-notification _ New Card Is Being Produced)

October 28, 2018   : Received I-765 & I-131 approval notice by mail

November 1, 2018 : Received EAD Combo Card by mail

July 03, 2019          : An Interview was scheduled

July 11, 2019          : Received Interview Notice by mail

August 8, 2019       : Attended AOS interview and got approved

August 12, 2019     : Received AOS approval notice by mail

August 15, 2019     : Received Green Card by mail

Timeline
16 hours ago, AhsanTX said:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have received my Green Card today. It has 10 years validity. I believe the reason for this validity is getting Green Card after being married for more than 2 years.

@VG31 I can't remember all the questions but I am trying to list the ones I remember below. My interview was at 8am and we reached there around 7:45am. There was a queue but we managed to attend the interview on time. I would recommend everyone arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time.

The interviewer was very friendly but professional. He knew exactly what he was doing even if he was joking in between questions. He asked questions randomly to me and my wife (switched back and forth).

Questions:

2. Where do we live.
  8. Saw picture of us together of the wedding and other occasions. Kept 10 pictures out of them for his record. (asked my wife to choose any 10 photos from the album)
  11. Asked about my priority date and if it is current. (After asking me he checked the priority date himself and told me it's current)
  18. Where do I work.

In between asking questions he was doing something in the computer and took notes on a paper of answers to some of the questions above. 

Then he asked if we had any questions. I just asked if I was approved. He said everything looks good and I should receive the Green Card within 2 weeks or 1 month.

Note: I submitted the I-693 and I-864 along with my application 1 year ago. I did not re-do them and the interviewer also didn't ask for them.

Thank you so much for your help and for providing all these details. That really helps.

I've opened another SR for my pending i-485 since USCIS have not responded back to my prior SR for pending i-130.

Just don't know or understand what's really going on with my case :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, AhsanTX said:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Questions:

2. Where do we live.
  18. Where do I work.

Thank you so much for sharing, really happy for you!

On 7/25/2019 at 9:55 AM, Tenreyro said:

Hi everyone!

I am reappearing today to share a good news, and let you guys know why I vanished.

I really love this community and the way we try to move forward together, but this issue hanging around in my mind was really starting to affect me and kind of driving me crazy. I had to find distractions from the wait, and until I paused the forum for a few weeks I realized it made a difference, those weeks became months, and now here we are. I entered occasionally to read about how you guys were doing, but never even logged in again, fearing this issue would drive me crazy again. 

We started this things with just some questions and debates with QAF2A @thepanda @GiselaMargareta @lilydenris @Bfree3 @Bhumi @markx, and I knew sending that paperwork was a bet, a bet we were doing because we knew it was legal and that the path was there, for me was a bet to no longer be far from the person I love the most in this world. Now I feel it has become a living information source to enlighten and guide people showing what chart B actually means for a F2A applicant, and that sometimes it can help you be with your family and alleviate the pain of being away from each other.

I promised myself that I would enter and share the news either when 1 year had passed since "Case ready to be scheduled for interview" or the moment I received an interview notice. On July 2018, we got the "Case ready to be scheduled for interview", exactly 1 year later, we received the update that our case was scheduled for an interview 😮. Today, we received the Notice, and we have an interview on August 22nd 🙀

We are very excited and very nervous. And wanted to share with you guys this exciting news. And I really, truly couldn't even believe it until I got the interview notice.

Honestly, from March I had been feeling that our case had something wrong, that it was lost, misplaced or something like that, and we reached to our Senator that after a month said it was very strange, but that they couldn't get an answer on the case from USCIS, we parallelly contacted USCIS, that never answered that inquiry, and almost going crazy I reached to the Ombudsman, who said the case looked complete. (I sent a copy of the Medical via Mail, but not the Ombudsman, USCIS Customer Service or the Senator's team ever said they paired it to my case, tracking said they did received it).

Timing says none of those inquiries helped with the scheduling of our interview. I had also submitted my EAD renewal form, because I had estimated our interview could be anytime between March (when I sent them) and December.

For the ones that have had the experience of being interviewed: Your advice is welcomed!

Any question for this ghost from the past, here I am!

Good luck dear👍

On 6/18/2019 at 4:02 PM, thepanda said:

I raised a Service Request today online and it worked. (Last time I raised a ticket it didn't go through because I was not out of normal processing time). I checked the Case Tracker online before I submitted the request. My account didn't show any update and still doesn't. 

Guess what I got in the mail when I got home? I signed up for the USPS e-mail notification and didn't know I would get a letter from USCIS. I thought it was the receipt notice for my work permit renewal. It is actually my i-485 approval. :) It says to contact them again if my card does not arrive within the next 90 days. I am so happy! 

Timeline:

PD April 2017

Submitted AOS - May 2018

Interview - November 2018

i-130 approval - March 2019

i-485 approval - June 2019

Looks like my i-485 was transferred to NBC afterwards.

Update: the "old" case tracker just updated and it says "Card was mailed to me". For my i-130 approval they only updated the new case tracker. A little messy but I am so happy! I will keep you guys updated when I receive the Green Card in the mail.

Congrats the panda😊😊😊

On 8/16/2019 at 8:08 AM, VG31 said:

Thank you so much for your help and for providing all these details. That really helps.

I've opened another SR for my pending i-485 since USCIS have not responded back to my prior SR for pending i-130.

Just don't know or understand what's really going on with my case :(

On 8/19/2019 at 11:04 AM, Flying Dutchman said:

Thank you so much for sharing, really happy for you!

Thank you for sharing 

Congratulations @AhsanTX!!!!! 

I also want to share my last mile experience.

We had our interview last week, and was very unusual. We had it scheduled for 7:15 A.M. (Didn't know they opened so early), after around 20 to 30 minutes after we got there, they called my name, and the officer told us that my wife didn't have to get inside with us. (At that point I thought maybe there was a new process and had o be done some biometrics or something first, so I leave with my wife the mega compilation of documents we had.

I got sworn in, fingerprinted, and then she asks for an ID and my passport (which is in the binder I left with my wife), we go and retrieve it, I apologize, and let her know I thought my wife was supposed to be at the interview, she said a comment that I don't recall word by word, but it was dismissing that idea. We go get the binder, get back inside, and continue with the interview without my wife.

The questions were:

- Full Name and Date of Birth

- Current Address including Zipcode

- Some "Yes/No" question from the form I-485, such as "Have you helped with Human Trafficking?", "Do you have firearms training?"

- She mixed three questions in the middle of the Yes/No questions:

- When did you meet your wife (I use precise years, but we met more than 9 years ago, we started dating 2 years after we met)

- When did I get the visa I had before AOS?

- Why did I get that visa?

- Did I do what I applied for the visa? (Yes)

- What organizations I have been part of (It's on the I-485, and I had mentioned a recreational club my wife and I were part of, and an NGO, I mentioned those two, she asked me to explain, so I did)

She then asked for the Medical, which I handed in the closed enveloped, she typed things, printed a paper, and said that as of that moment the interview was complete, that she had to review the information, handed me a white paper saying that, and asked me if I had any question. I was confused and in shock, so I did not, and asked her what it meant that it had to be reviewed, she only said that she had to review the case file.

That was it, a little cold, weird, one-person interview. So as you imagine, I was very confused, uncomfortable and didn't know what to expect. We spent the rest of the day together both with that weird feeling of uncertainty, knowing that the case would either update that same day, or if not then next week, but technically it could be 4 months.

I was checking the online status constantly, and around 4pm, the case updated saying that the card was ordered for production. As you would imagine, it was a relief, and a reason to celebrate!

Next day it updated to Case was approved, this week an approval letter came in, and today, the permanent resident card arrived!!!

I have to mention that the case never updated to provide tracking number, even when I called to ask about it (Labor day weekend coming, I didn't want it to arrive while we were gone)

It was a long journey, my P.D. is December 19, 2016, AOS started on March 2, 2018, so it would be 983 days since P.D., and 545 days from AOS receipt date to card in hand.

Good luck everyone, and wanted to share the interview experience in case someone gets a weird interview, so you don't go crazy thinking the worse, and for everyone still waiting, hang in there.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.