1,157 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, QAF2A said:

Thank you for the update! 

Congratulations! Your journey has a good end!

I do have a question, how many days is it from card being produced to card delivered for you? Did you get the card being produced notice by mail or email?

I am currently planning a trip for the end of this month using my AP, and hoping that it would not get canceled because the green card would cancel my AP.

Thank you!

in 1 week

Timeline

Hi, 

My wife’s PD is 01/05/2018 and a week ago she became current with May visa bulletin. (Chart B)

We filed for AOS yesterday and as you know we are still in April. Was it the correct thing we did? Or we should have waited for May to send the documents? 

I am so worried that they will reject our application and send back to us.

Please share your opinions if you have any idea.

Best!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, metehiki said:

Hi, 

My wife’s PD is 01/05/2018 and a week ago she became current with May visa bulletin. (Chart B)

We filed for AOS yesterday and as you know we are still in April. Was it the correct thing we did? Or we should have waited for May to send the documents? 

Best!

Your PD is not current as of April but you filed this month. If the USCIS receive the application before May it will be rejected. You may wish the package is really really in snail mail or you will have to file it again some time in/after May. 

BTW, you may could ask for delivery intercept, requesting a later scheduled delivery date. For example, UPS may allow you to do so with extra fees, if it is not delivered yet. You probably want to contact the courier for information. 

Edited by issea

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
2 hours ago, metehiki said:

Hi, 

Best!

Sorry, but you really messed up.  You filed when your wife's PD was not current in Chart B.  You should have waited for May.

Your petition could either be rejected and returned to you or it could be processed and ultimately deny.

Cancel the check, contact the carrier to intercept the package if possible, and apply after May 1, 2019 when your wife's PD is current in Chart B.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Dear friends,

Thank you so much for your prompt responses! Because you probably saved my life. I contacted USPS and made an online request which is called “Package Intercept” and with that they can hold it up 30 days or send back to you before delivering to the final destination.

I chose the second option and when I receive my package (probably on Monday, because it’s still in Boston) I will wait 2 more weeks and then send it to USCIS one more time. 

Best regards!  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bhumi said:

Hello guys,

I have quick question, Did anyone called uscis whose priority date becomes current and done there interview for recent update on case?

Hi @Bhumi,

there is no point in reaching out to USCIS, try submitting a service request for ur case which I heard worked for one person with PD Dec 2016

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, hyhy said:

Hi all,

Finally, my green card is delivered today.

Below is my timeline:

1/2017:        130 PD

4/2018:        485 RD (130 was still pending)

7/2018:        Ready to schedule interview

8/2018:        Interview scheduled

9/2018:        Interview completed. 485 returned to NBC due to F2A visa was not available

4/2019:        Priority date became current

4/2019:        New card is being produced

4/19/2019:  Card was delivered

Wish you all can get good news soon!

Congratulations @hyhy. Very Happy that everything went well for you .. 

Can you let me know if u received a tracking number with the case status “card was mailed”??

8 hours ago, senpal86 said:

Congratulations @hyhy. Very Happy that everything went well for you .. 

Can you let me know if u received a tracking number with the case status “card was mailed”??

Hi @senpal86
No, I didn't receive tracking number when status showed "card was mailed".
The tracking number was provided when status showed  that Post Office has delivered you card.

However, I did register USPS Informed Delivery, so when the card was mailed out, I received notification something was sent to me.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Bhumi 

I actually believe that it doesn't hurt to call USCIS and ask about your case if you feel that you should have heard from them already. My experience showed that there is a difference between the service request that you put by yourself and the request that was put by the 2 level Officer. Also, if you have an opportunity to do the info pass appointment, just go for it. That works the best

8 hours ago, Clotillda said:

Hi @Bhumi 

I actually believe that it doesn't hurt to call USCIS and ask about your case if you feel that you should have heard from them already. My experience showed that there is a difference between the service request that you put by yourself and the request that was put by the 2 level Officer. Also, if you have an opportunity to do the info pass appointment, just go for it. That works the best

Thanks dear..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.