1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you guys an update. After getting really annoyed this weekend because I saw i-130 approval everywhere on facebook for PD up to May, I tried to submit a case inquiry which did not work because the system wouldn't let me. Only case inquires with PD January 28th or somewhere around that where allowed. So I gave up. Sunday my husband checked the mail because we haven't checked it during the week. I received a "heavy" letter from USCIS. It was the notice of my interview result stating the reason fro continuance. "Your i-485 interview is complete and appears to be approvable" but since my PD is not current my file will be transferred to TSC or NBC. Attached to the letter was the March Visa Bulletin. Either TSC or NBC will make the final decision when my PD becomes current. I thought ok, maybe my i-130 will be approved at the same time then. But I received another surprise today in the mail: my approval notice for my i-130. Even though it is not the official i-485, I am glad that I got that out of the way. 

I don't expect the GC until the summer but I do hope to get it before September as I am planning to travel outside of the country. 

7 hours ago, thepanda said:

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you guys an update. After getting really annoyed this weekend because I saw i-130 approval everywhere on facebook for PD up to May, I tried to submit a case inquiry which did not work because the system wouldn't let me. Only case inquires with PD January 28th or somewhere around that where allowed. So I gave up. Sunday my husband checked the mail because we haven't checked it during the week. I received a "heavy" letter from USCIS. It was the notice of my interview result stating the reason fro continuance. "Your i-485 interview is complete and appears to be approvable" but since my PD is not current my file will be transferred to TSC or NBC. Attached to the letter was the March Visa Bulletin. Either TSC or NBC will make the final decision when my PD becomes current. I thought ok, maybe my i-130 will be approved at the same time then. But I received another surprise today in the mail: my approval notice for my i-130. Even though it is not the official i-485, I am glad that I got that out of the way. 

I don't expect the GC until the summer but I do hope to get it before September as I am planning to travel outside of the country. 

Hey what is your priority date?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, thepanda said:

@thepanda Many Congratulations, finally your journey to GC is coming to an end. Happy for you. 

Since the letter says an approval for i-485, does that mean your AP is still active? I saw somewhere that once your i-485 is approved, USCIS cancels your Advance Parole. Not sure how true this is.

Please keep us posted once your PD becomes current and you receive your GC.

Good Luck !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, VG31 said:

@thepanda Many Congratulations, finally your journey to GC is coming to an end. Happy for you. 

Since the letter says an approval for i-485, does that mean your AP is still active? I saw somewhere that once your i-485 is approved, USCIS cancels your Advance Parole. Not sure how true this is.

Please keep us posted once your PD becomes current and you receive your GC.

Good Luck !!

Thank you! 

It is not an official approval. It just said “seems approvalable” and informs me why the application is still pending. So I’m still in I-485 pending status. 

But yes, as soon as they approve my GC, my AP becomes invalid. I’m traveling in July. If they approve it during that time I’ll have to postpone my flight back to the US and have my husband send it to me (yes yes, it’s risky and all that. I know but I choose to do it this way in case it happens). 

My PD is April 6, 2017. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

Come to update my case and ask if anyone knows about the situation. 

I completed the interview early this week and the IO said everything looks good and they are now only waiting for my original I-130 petition document, and after then they are able to make decision. I am asking is it always the case that they need wait for the original petition to transfer to them before they can make a decision? And if so, how long will it be? 

Thanks.

P.S., my petition has been approved and transferred to NVC. But for now I don't know where it is. 

Edited by issea

Timeline
17 hours ago, Lauracroft said:

Hi all, I filed EAD combo card on January 25 2019. My husband PD is 11 August 2017. His i-130 has already been approved and his AOS shows as "ready to be schedule for an interview" at Seattle field Office. Do you guys know when he can be expected the EAD? Di you know which months they are processing at NVC? Thanks

Hi there,

To my understanding NBC will forward the file once your PD is current as per Chart A in Visa Bulletin. Seattle Field Office is pretty slow and current processing time for them is-

Estimated time range
9 Months to 20.5 Months    Employment-based adjustment applications      August 02, 2017
17 Months to 20 Months     Family-based adjustment applications                 August 04, 2017

The above date is based on the PD of your AOS (i-485). That's how the local field office works based on the date when you filed your AOS.

I am also from Seattle and awaiting for my interview to be scheduled. My I-130 was transferred from CSC to NBC after I filed AOS and since then nothing on my I-130.

I checked other Receipt Numbers that are Before and After my receipt number and it appears that USCIS has already processed those cases for i-130. Looks like my case has been missed due to the transfer to NBC. Generally NBC doesn't process I-130's and to my understanding they may forward this to Seattle Field Office once they near the processing date.

Thanks

V

Edited by VG31

Timeline
17 hours ago, Lauracroft said:

Hi all, I filed EAD combo card on January 25 2019. My husband PD is 11 August 2017. His i-130 has already been approved and his AOS shows as "ready to be schedule for an interview" at Seattle field Office. Do you guys know when he can be expected the EAD? Di you know which months they are processing at NVC? Thanks

Hi. It's great to hear that PD 11 August 2017 has already been approved. May I ask when did you get approval? 
I was thinking and seeing that all cases approved recently were from April 2017 or May 2017. 

10 minutes ago, metehiki said:

Hi. It's great to hear that PD 11 August 2017 has already been approved. May I ask when did you get approval? 
I was thinking and seeing that all cases approved recently were from April 2017 or May 2017. 

His i-130 got approved on June 12th 2018. The reason why it was expedited is because we indicated that we wanted to proceed with adjustments of status (vs. Consular Process) when we filed the i-130. It is an option that the newer i-130 form request you to mark.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lauracroft said:

His i-130 got approved on June 12th 2018. The reason why it was expedited is because we indicated that we wanted to proceed with adjustments of status (vs. Consular Process) when we filed the i-130. It is an option that the newer i-130 form request you to mark.

It appears that you are a spouse of IR (US Citizen), we all in this forum are from F2A Category.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lauracroft said:

I am a LPR and my husband (my spouse) is in F2A .

Thank you, I was not aware of that this is an option and you can do a concurrent filing or can expedite your request based on AOS.

This is something completely new to me.

1 hour ago, VG31 said:

Hi there,

To my understanding NBC will forward the file once your PD is current as per Chart A in Visa Bulletin. Seattle Field Office is pretty slow and current processing time for them is-

Estimated time range
9 Months to 20.5 Months    Employment-based adjustment applications      August 02, 2017
17 Months to 20 Months     Family-based adjustment applications                 August 04, 2017

The above date is based on the PD of your AOS (i-485). That's how the local field office works based on the date when you filed your AOS.

I am also from Seattle and awaiting for my interview to be scheduled. My I-130 was transferred from CSC to NBC after I filed AOS and since then nothing on my I-130.

I checked other Receipt Numbers that are Before and After my receipt number and it appears that USCIS has already processed those cases for i-130. Looks like my case has been missed due to the transfer to NBC. Generally NBC doesn't process I-130's and to my understanding they may forward this to Seattle Field Office once they near the processing date.

Thanks

V

Thanks but my question was around EAD. Not actual interview for AOS.

2 minutes ago, VG31 said:

Thank you, I was not aware of that this is an option and you can do a concurrent filing or can expedite your request based on AOS.

This is something completely new to me.

It was not a concurrent filing as we filed for AOS when the visa bulletin allowed us to do. My husband had a L1 visa when we filed his i-130 valid for 2 years, therefore we indicated that we would have proceed with AOS once that the "chart for filing dates" would have been current on the visa bulletin.  It was not either an expedition request. It was just part of the regular process. Not sure how you are coming up with all these incorrect assumptions 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lauracroft said:

Thanks but my question was around EAD. Not actual interview for AOS.

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

You can check processing time here - https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ 

Current wait time for NBC to process EAD/AP is 6 to 7 Months. Your husband can expect to receive by end of June or July.

Processing time for EAD-

1. 4.5 Months to 6.5 Months
    Based on a pending I-485 adjustment application [(c)(9)]
    September 23, 2018
  2. 8 Months to 10 Months
    All other applications for employment authorization
    June 01, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.