3,014 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Hello everyone/Sandra.

i will first say this forum has been of a great help even though am a silent reader.

i have a few questions and will gladly appreciate  your reply and answers.

i have a prime facie for a year duration.

i want to go back to school and at the same time apply for financial aid.

my question is that with this document,is it possible to go back to school and apply for financial aid with the prime facie.

thanks 

@Bryan12 I got financial aid with my prima facie but the thing is your financial aid expires on the day the prima facie expires if u’ve not gotten a renewal or your case approved.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I wanted to applause you for all the help and support many of you are providing here!!! I wish I knew about you earlier.. You are a blessing!

I applied for VAWA in February 2017. I am married to a CU6 green card holder and I had a pending I-485 under the cuban adjustment of status before I apply for VAWA. 

Went to the interview in May 2017 for i485 without my husband and let the officer know about my pending VAWA. 

Since then the case is pending and I still get EAD C9.

Few days ago I recieved a EAD C31. And my I-360 says that card was mailed to me. No status or letter recieved about approved VAWA. 

My question is: If everything works in a way that worked for many of you and I recieve the approval letter, do I need to do something to let the office that have my I-485 that I have been approved or they will know and scheduale me for an intervew? 

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Emsi said:

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I wanted to applause you for all the help and support many of you are providing here!!! I wish I knew about you earlier.. You are a blessing!

I applied for VAWA in February 2017. I am married to a CU6 green card holder and I had a pending I-485 under the cuban adjustment of status before I apply for VAWA. 

Went to the interview in May 2017 for i485 without my husband and let the officer know about my pending VAWA. 

Since then the case is pending and I still get EAD C9.

Few days ago I recieved a EAD C31. And my I-360 says that card was mailed to me. No status or letter recieved about approved VAWA. 

My question is: If everything works in a way that worked for many of you and I recieve the approval letter, do I need to do something to let the office that have my I-485 that I have been approved or they will know and scheduale me for an intervew? 

Thank you!

No, your local office will resume processing your I-485. You don’t need to do anything. 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, Bryan12 said:

Thanks so much for the clarification.

luckly enough I have a SSN I got back while in school when I first come to the US with a F1.

Hope applying for FAFSA does not affect my application in any way?

I first tried to.use my SSN that i got from f1 visa, which is on-campus employee. It didnot go through. Fafsa website even reponsed to my online account that my SSN is not eligible for public benefits. Then i talked to a financial aid officer in that school. Didnot work out. Period for my Fafsa application. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, Roms2017 said:

I have a question guys

We were separated from each other cuz of abuse and she lets someone deposit a fake check on our Account but never told me that till i found out from tbe bank also they couldn't not withdraw money and the bank closed the account, up till now i couldn't open a bank because of it.

Deposit a fake check on account it is a federal crime.

Can be considered as victime of crime?

Any response will be aporeciate

Depositing a  fake check is a crime but this is not a ground for VAWA.

Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 7:58 PM, Bryan12 said:

Hello everyone/Sandra.

i will first say this forum has been of a great help even though am a silent reader.

my question is that with this document,is it possible to go back to school and apply for financial aid with the prime facie.

thanks 

Yes you can apply for FAFSA with the prima facie.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:58 PM, Bryan12 said:

Hello everyone/Sandra.

thanks 

Yes you can apply for FAFSA with the prima facie.

Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, Florecita_Bella said:

Can someone help me please give your opinion?

Being mentally ill has anything to do with VAWA case. USCIS will not take into consideration if the abuser is mentally ill. USCIS adjudicates the VAWA petition considering the abuse the person suffered.

Timeline
On 7/11/2018 at 12:24 AM, nevergiveup1 said:

Hello everybody! 

What means if I got from the officer's hand "Notice of interview results?" I been @ the interview today, 7/10/2018. My I-360 was approved 4 month ago. It say: "Your case is being held for review..." Any suggestions!

Sometimes the officer is a junior officer then he/she needs the supervisor to review his/her decision and because of this many officers do not approve on the spot at the interview.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Being mentally ill has anything to do with VAWA case. USCIS will not take into consideration if the abuser is mentally ill. USCIS adjudicates the VAWA petition considering the abuse the person suffered.

Hello,
Thank you for responding, I agree with that point of view, of course it does not matter the mental illness of the abuser, you have to prove the abuse, that being said, in case one can prove that he has been abused, my question is whether the fact that the abuser has a mental illness helps to create a more credible environment about the evidence of abuse. I mean, a mental patient whose clinical behavior includes, among other things, being an aggressive person, is more likely to commit certain abuses than a normal person?
Example:
Imagine that you have evidence that a neighbor stole your car, I think that the fact that you have proof that your neighbor stole your car, it would help to prove also that your neighbor has been arrested previously for car theft.
Please comment!
Thanks to everyone!

44 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello,
Thank you for responding, I agree with that point of view, of course it does not matter the mental illness of the abuser, you have to prove the abuse, that being said, in case one can prove that he has been abused, my question is whether the fact that the abuser has a mental illness helps to create a more credible environment about the evidence of abuse. I mean, a mental patient whose clinical behavior includes, among other things, being an aggressive person, is more likely to commit certain abuses than a normal person?
Example:
Imagine that you have evidence that a neighbor stole your car, I think that the fact that you have proof that your neighbor stole your car, it would help to prove also that your neighbor has been arrested previously for car theft.
Please comment!
Thanks to everyone!

As Sandra said, USCIS will not take the mental health of the abuser into consideration. If you have prove that he has been abusive in the past (former arrest warrants, restraining orders from previous partners, etc.) that will help but not just that they have mental health issues. 

4 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

As Sandra said, USCIS will not take the mental health of the abuser into consideration. If you have prove that he has been abusive in the past (former arrest warrants, restraining orders from previous partners, etc.) that will help but not just that they have mental health issues. 

I have psychological evaluation, text messages and evidence of economic abuse. You have heard of cases that are approved without a police report.
What's your opinion about it?
Thank you…

Timeline

1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello,
Example:
Please comment!
Thanks to everyone!

"...My question is whether the fact that the abuser has a mental illness helps to create a more credible environment about the evidence of abuse. I mean, a mental patient whose clinical behavior includes, among other things, being an aggressive person, is more likely to commit certain abuses than a normal person?"-   NOPE!. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.