3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kleenex12 said:

It’s really crazy!!some people get EAD without applying for what is really going on?today mark 14 months wait for I-360 and i could not not apply for EAD because my spouse is a permanent resident 😒😒😒so I keep begging from people to survive and I have a baby to take care care of😢😢😢

I know exactly how you feel. My vawa waiting time is going to be 19 months in 2 weeks.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 6:46 PM, Florecita_Bella said:

Hi friends!
Can someone please clarify if this news that just came out on CNN refers to Vawa cases?

"Trump admin drops asylum protections for domestic violence victims"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/11/politics/jeff-sessions-asylum-decision/index.html

Fairfax County, Virginia (CNN)The Trump administration Monday overturned asylum protections for domestic violence and gang violence victims in a ruling that could potentially prevent tens of thousands of immigrants from getting protection in the US.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions' decision sets a high bar for victims of crime to qualify for asylum protections. Not only must the government of the home country be unable or unwilling to help the victims, but "the applicant must show that the government condoned the private actions or demonstrated an inability to protect the victims."
The ruling is the latest instance of Sessions taking full advantage of his authority over the immigration courts -- a separate court system designed by law to be under the auspices of the Justice Department. The attorney general functions as a one-person Supreme Court in the system, in addition to hiring and evaluating the lower court judges themselves.
The administration has made a priority of trying to curtail asylum claims in the US, despite asylum being a valid protection under US law and an obligation under international law. Sessions argues most asylum claims are ultimately unsuccessful.
Gang violence is a major problem in Central America and one the Trump administration has itself highlighted with heightened rhetoric, with President Donald Trump calling MS-13 gang members "animals."

This rule is for those filing application for asylum.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, sandranj said:

This rule is for those filing application for asylum.

Sandra how long after the interview immigration have to send us an answer?? 

Im still waiting. At the interview the IO said it was approved, but now I did an inquiry and they said my case is not approved yet and is pending adjudication. 

Im so anxious 😧 😢 

Your application has not been approved. Your Form I-485, is currently pending adjudication. We are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:19 PM, Florecita_Bella said:

What is the blue paper? 

What do I need to attach new evidence of abuse to my Vawa case? 

Thank you

Please someone to tell me what is the Blue Paper, which I need to send additional evidence (information) to my Vawa case.
Do I have to have the Prima Facie to be able to send additional evidence to my Vawa case?
Thank you…………….

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Please someone to tell me what is the Blue Paper, which I need to send additional evidence (information) to my Vawa case.
Do I have to have the Prima Facie to be able to send additional evidence to my Vawa case?
Thank you…………….

When my application was accepted, USCIS  sent me a blue notice, along with my prima facie to use in case I decide (in future) to send additional evidence. It is my understanding that additional evidence sent without that blue notice will not be acknowledged. You can also wait until they specifically request for additional evidence before sending anything.

Edited by Juta
more information was added

Timeline
On 6/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, Florecita_Bella said:

Someone to please help me with this question:

After having submitted FORM I-360, can evidence of additional abuse be sent to USCIS ?, since my Ex continues to do MUCH harm to me.

Thank you......

USCIS will consider just the abuse that happened during the time that your husband was living with you.

Block his mail address, block his phone number or get a new phone number. Avoid contact with his family and friends. If you fear for your life then get a restraining order against him.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Double said:

Can I submit all VAWA forms without supporting documents? I'm still working on obtaining all evidence, but I'm desperate to return to work as my EAD has expired and my employer terminated my employment.

I have all forms, personal declaration, proof of marriage to a US citizen spouse, tax papers and Police Clearance filled out and ready to go!

Is RFE a bad thing? I need some more time to gather the bills, visit family members to get more photos (he took and deleted everything), and receive bills/our joint insurance, etc.

Have anyone done it this way??

Do you have a police report or a restraining order against him? if not do you have a psychological evaluation? 

7 minutes ago, sandranj said:

USCIS will consider just the abuse that happened during the time that your husband was living with you.

Block his mail address, block his phone number or get a new phone number. Avoid contact with his family and friends. If you fear for your life then get a restraining order against him.

Thank you for your prompt response, I understand that for purposes of approval USCIS will only consider the abuse that occurred during the marriage, but the fact that the abuser continues to abuse even after the divorce I understand that it should be an indicator that proves to USICS the abuser's malice .
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you…………..

1 hour ago, Juta said:

When my application was accepted, USCIS  sent me a blue notice, along with my prima facie to use in case I decide (in future) to send additional evidence. It is my understanding that additional evidence sent without that blue notice will not be acknowledged. You can also wait until they specifically request for additional evidence before sending anything.

People who do not receive Prima Facie receive the "BLUE PAPER"?

Thanks for your help!

8 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

It’s really crazy!!some people get EAD without applying for what is really going on?today mark 14 months wait for I-360 and i could not not apply for EAD because my spouse is a permanent resident 😒😒😒so I keep begging from people to survive and I have a baby to take care care of😢😢😢

That’s what people r saying here. I don’t think uscis will issue a EAD without an application  or even without a fee waiver. USCIS are not that generous. All those people filed EAD form under category C31 and after  Vawa approval They received their EAD but there needs to be a I765 filed and receipt number. Or can you correct  if I am wrong @sandranj

Edited by Goyo

2 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

People who do not receive Prima Facie receive the "BLUE PAPER"?

Thanks for your help!

Sandra gave you her advise with the best of her knowledge. You look very desperate and that’s not good. Just wait for uscis to request anything. If you just sent your application and your nerves r out of control, can you imagine in 12 months. Take it easy and distract yourself with somenthing else. Believe me, I didn’t even feel the wait I tried to keep my mind busy and now I am in my 15 month. 

Edited by Goyo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.