3,014 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Double said:

Can I submit all VAWA forms without supporting documents? I'm still working on obtaining all evidence, but I'm desperate to return to work as my EAD has expired and my employer terminated my employment.

I have all forms, personal declaration, proof of marriage to a US citizen spouse, tax papers and Police Clearance filled out and ready to go!

Is RFE a bad thing? I need some more time to gather the bills, visit family members to get more photos (he took and deleted everything), and receive bills/our joint insurance, etc.

Have anyone done it this way??

This is not recommended. They might deny your petition if you don’t send evidence. It is not guaranteed that they will even send you an RFE if you don’t submit any evidence. I wouldn’t risk that. 

9 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Hello guys

I would like to get my divorce done but i am scarde to go court because of ICE presence there.

Is any way i can do the divorce without showing up in court?

My vawa still pending since feb 2017

Any answer will be appreciated

ICE is not present in court. Police is present in court. And if you have a pending petition, ICE is not looking for you. 

It depends on how simple your divorce is on whether you will have to go to a hearing or not. I didn’t have to go because there were no assets or children involved and it was very easy. But if there is anything to be divided or custody to be decided on, then you will have to go to a hearing. 

Today I got an email and text update similar to the updates other persons in this forum have gotten. However, when I checked online there was no update online.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 30, 2018.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

ICE is not present in court. Police is present in court. And if you have a pending petition, ICE is not looking for you. 

It depends on how simple your divorce is on whether you will have to go to a hearing or not. I didn’t have to go because there were no assets or children involved and it was very easy. But if there is anything to be divided or custody to be decided on, then you will have to go to a hearing. 

Iwillsuvive thanks for the advice.

We dont have any child or asset, i will look for that option not to go so i can receive the divorce papers in mail

1 minute ago, Roms2017 said:

Iwillsuvive thanks for the advice.

We dont have any child or asset, i will look for that option not to go so i can receive the divorce papers in mail

Just an advise. When you file for divorce, make sure the divorce is based on abusive marriage. You can also send that as a evidence if required. However, you will have to prove the abuse to the judge in order get the divorce based on that. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 minute ago, Iceman1 said:

Just an advise. When you file for divorce, make sure the divorce is based on abusive marriage. You can also send that as a evidence if required. However, you will have to prove the abuse to the judge in order get the divorce based on that. 

Thanks Iceman1, I have final restrain order also some texts messages plus pictures. But i am looking for option not to be in the court Room.

5 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

Thanks Iceman1, I have final restrain order also some texts messages plus pictures. But i am looking for option not to be in the court Room.

It depends on which state you live in. In California for example you can only file based on irreconcilible differences. Every state has a different divorce law. 

1 hour ago, Military said:

Today I got an email and text update similar to the updates other persons in this forum have gotten. However, when I checked online there was no update online.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 30, 2018.

So finally after 1 year and four months, there is some movement on my I360 (I filed Feb 2017). I got a text saying my application has been updated and email saying that 'they ordered my new card" I had a previous I485 that was placed on hold so I did not apply for a work permit under C31. I had work permit under C9 then and renewed it in December of 2017. Based on what I have seen posted maybe they are sending me a new EAD under C31 even though I never applied for 1. This is my current status on the original USCIS site.

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 13, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC**************, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by Military

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Military said:

So finally after 1 year and four months, there is some movement on my I360 (I filed Feb 2017). I got a text saying my application has been updated and email saying that 'they ordered my new card" I had a previous I485 that was placed on hold so I did not apply for a work permit under C31. I had work permit under C9 then and renewed it in December of 2017. Based on what I have seen posted maybe they are sending me a new EAD under C31 even though I never applied for 1. This is my current status on the original USCIS site.

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 13, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC**************, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I guess it’s an Approval of your 1-360!🙏🙏cus most people have got cards without applying for so it might be that your case was approved 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

I guess it’s an Approval of your 1-360!🙏🙏cus most people have got cards without applying for so it might be that your case was approved 

I've been seeing people receiving EAD under c(31) before Vawa approval.  I wonder if this is something they are changing internally since VAWA cases are taking so long? 

I filed Nov 2016, My Vawa was approved this March, and I still don't have any updates on my C31 EAD.  At this rate, it will have taken 2 years to get my EAD, people can't survive such a long time without working!  So if they are changing it, and they are going to be issuing work permits while Vawa is pending, it would be amazing. 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

I've been seeing people receiving EAD under c(31) before Vawa approval.  I wonder if this is something they are changing internally since VAWA cases are taking so long? 

I filed Nov 2016, My Vawa was approved this March, and I still don't have any updates on my C31 EAD.  At this rate, it will have taken 2 years to get my EAD, people can't survive such a long time without working!  So if they are changing it, and they are going to be issuing work permits while Vawa is pending, it would be amazing. 

It’s really crazy!!some people get EAD without applying for what is really going on?today mark 14 months wait for I-360 and i could not not apply for EAD because my spouse is a permanent resident 😒😒😒so I keep begging from people to survive and I have a baby to take care care of😢😢😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.