17 hours ago, VawaNation said:

Hello everyone

While being in removal procceadings and then entering a bad marriage 

05/23/2014 filed I360 VAWA

11/03/2014 1st REF (good moral)

02/19/2015 2nd REF (good faith)

01/20/2016 I360 VAWA Denied

I had the option to appeal the decision 

But after a long search I found out that there is a higher chance of approval if I refile again and include EAD AND I485

10/06/2016 Filed I360, I485, EAD

10/21/2016 prima facie

04/15/2017 EAD

04/28/2018 I360 VAWA Approved

Approved Vawa but still in removal procceadings with a pending I 485 

I am supposed to have master hearing in sep,2019

But a week before VAWA was approved I received a letter from the court that my court date was moved to sep,2018

Should I file a motion to terminate or just wait and adjdicate I485 

With the judge ?

You need to discuss this with a lawyer, we cannot answer that question.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi All,

just received notification that my I360 iand i485 denied and they mailed me the decision.  being on 19.5 months of wait i am broken now.. no hopes left why it happens every time with me ...i had sent the evidence of my previous divorce in 2012 divorce copy included with a new self statement but i dont know where it went wrong... im working and now wont be able to work now... any help will gove sone hope

You will need to obtain a lawyer since you have a denial related to your previous marriage in 2012.  If USCIS does not accept the document as a valid divorce decree, you are still considered married to the first husband, and is not eligible for VAWA.  You will need a lawyer to straighten out the issue with your divorce once you receive your denial letter.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
17 hours ago, gramercy said:

Hi everyone, 

I received the 6th prima facie and it is for 180 days this time. I was hoping for approval after 17+ months.

I have inquired a couple of months ago through the congresswoman's office and USCIS responded  using the  same old statement on their website "working on October!" 

Anyway since it's claimed that VSC takes 15-19 months to process VAWA applications. One can't consider the case outside processing times! Hang in there everyone & please pray for me.

Screenshot_20180503-192200.png

No worry we keep praying,  mine is 15 months now and received another PF extension for 180 days

5 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi All,

just received notification that my I360 iand i485 denied and they mailed me the decision.  being on 19.5 months of wait i am broken now.. no hopes left why it happens every time with me ...i had sent the evidence of my previous divorce in 2012 divorce copy included with a new self statement but i dont know where it went wrong... im working and now wont be able to work now... any help will gove sone hope

So the divorce issue was the cause of the denial? Or what the letter says?

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Goyo said:

Please do not get sick. You need your head straight in order to deal with this problem. 

I just received email notofication. Pray for me i have been unlucky twice in marriage

Just now, rayofhope said:

I just received email notofication. Pray for me i have been unlucky twice in marriage

Now stuck with everything... cannot go to job..

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, rayofhope said:

The notice of denial should say why it was denied.  Let us know as soon as you know the why behind the denial.

9 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi All,

Please keep hope alive and try to be strong at this time. You really need prayers and off course a clear head to be able to determine what is next. God will make a way for you in Jesus name.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Goldenvessel said:

Please keep hope alive and try to be strong at this time. You really need prayers and off course a clear head to be able to determine what is next. God will make a way for you in Jesus name.

Thank you guys praying for me... i know i have to be strong but i didnt had attorney i have yo look for one i had contacted do many pro nono lawyers as ms sandraadvisef earlier(thx to her)

but being fridayi have to wait till monday to see..Thx for emotional support atthis tougb time

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
10 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Thank you guys praying for me... i know i have to be strong but i didnt had attorney i have yo look for one i had contacted do many pro nono lawyers as ms sandraadvisef earlier(thx to her)

but being fridayi have to wait till monday to see..Thx for emotional support atthis tougb time

Rayofhope sorry to hear about that news, be strong i beleive uscis deny vawa base onthe  divorce degree you couldn't get try to focus get it and get good lawyer then file again.

God has a plan for everything

8 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

Do I need to be divorced to be approved? I have contacted pro bono attorney and they have taken my case but there is a waitlist so they said I might have to wait 5-6 months before they will be able to help me.

No, you don’t have to be divorced to be approved. Did you send your application already? There is not much they can do if you application is already filled. 

16 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi, dont think that you re the most unlucky, it's very hard process and most of us fighting for ourselves for years

and nothing goes easy-squeezy. So be strong.

Now , there are a lot of nonprofit organizations that can help you for free or very little money. Google them in your area, see this link, it may help you. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/do-i-need-an-immigration-lawyer-for-help-filing-a-vawa-case.html

Also, look for catholic charities  that offer free immigration consultations, and organizations that offer free legal advice. They can at least give you a good consulting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.