3,014 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, iwillsurvive said:

All communication while your VAWA case is pending goes to Vermont

Thank you!! Do you know how can I explain or how can I prove financial hardship to have the filling fee waved?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

All communication while your VAWA case is pending goes to Vermont

uscis asking for affidavit from friends or family for good faith and share residence i lived with her for 2 months so we have no joint bank accounts bill or anything etc so what do i do plz help and plz tell what should they inculde in affidavit and how long it needs to be and is it important to get them attested or not???? plzzz

Hello everybody! I hope all of you are seeing some good progress with your applications. 

I would like to ask: I’ve reading about people here who requested their original I485 to be placed on hold or abeyance. While the VAWA petition is pending. If my I485 is placed on hold will I be able to renew my EAD based on that case? 

I appreciate your responses. Blessings! 

4 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

I have found this information on several websites. 

What are the grounds for annulment of marriage?

Grounds for annulment vary by jurisdiction but can include the following: 

• lack of legal capacity
  • force or threat
  • under age of consent
  • consanguinity- too closely related
  • impotency not disclosed before marriage
  • fraud
  • marriage never consummated
  • duress, insanity 
  • being under the influence of alcohol or drugs 

Lack of consummation (no sex) may be grounds for annulment of the marriage and can even be a strong cause

Also fraud, deception, major difference like not wanting children or hiding illness or religious reasons.  Check your state laws some are tougher than others when it comes to annulling a marriage vs divorce.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

2 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Thank you!! Do you know how can I explain or how can I prove financial hardship to have the filling fee waved?

If you have a work permit already and got fees waived, they should waive for renewal too. But otherwise just send a pay stub and explain your cost of living and how there is no money left to pay for the form. Or if you are unemployed, explain that.  

2 hours ago, rza said:

uscis asking for affidavit from friends or family for good faith and share residence i lived with her for 2 months so we have no joint bank accounts bill or anything etc so what do i do plz help and plz tell what should they inculde in affidavit and how long it needs to be and is it important to get them attested or not???? plzzz

I also didn’t have joint lease or bank documents but I submitted pictures together and especially pictures with his and my family with him and I in it. I explained why I was not on the lease but attached online shopping statements with my name to the shared address. I also had family members write that they visited us at that address. I probably had 8 affidavits from friends and family both in the US and in my home country that I submitted. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, rza said:

Rza is that a rfe you received now?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

I also didn’t have joint lease or bank documents but I submitted pictures together and especially pictures with his and my family with him and I in it. I explained why I was not on the lease but attached online shopping statements with my name to the shared address. I also had family members write that they visited us at that address. I probably had 8 affidavits from friends and family both in the US and in my home country that I submitted. 

thanks alot 

1 minute ago, Roms2017 said:

Rza is that a rfe you received now?

yea 

Timeline

i have a really big question i have 3 summary offense and i was pleaded guilty my wife submitted something against me and i didnt wanted to go on trial so i plead guilty paid 900 dollars fine but uscis knows about it and they asking for my clearance from my country and USA where i lived more than 6 months but what i really want to ask will that affect my case have 3 domestic violence summary offense help me plz im really scared too :(

Timeline
22 minutes ago, rza said:

thanks alot 

yea 

they sent me rfe for good moral character,shared residence,and good faith marriage thats all

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Dennisbbest said:

i cant just stop thanking God.....my lawyer receive my green card today!!!! cant believe this. no interview. god is so awesome!

Congratulations,how did that happen?please can you share your time line please thanks!!

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, rza said:

i have a really big question i have 3 summary offense and i was pleaded guilty my wife submitted something against me and i didnt wanted to go on trial so i plead guilty paid 900 dollars fine but uscis knows about it and they asking for my clearance from my country and USA where i lived more than 6 months but what i really want to ask will that affect my case have 3 domestic violence summary offense help me plz im really scared too :(

when did you apply for vawa?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my timeline. file i360 august 28th 2016.

got prima facie two weeks later.

file for i765, i131,i485 on 4th of april 2016.

got EAD june 27 2017. 

i360 approval sept 12 
file for EAD renewal 

march 5 2018.

i485 got approve 6 april 2018

card mail out 12 april. receive 17th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.