Ali12345

Spouse file I 130 returned tto uscis from us embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

tell VJ community your country and fill out a timeline as it will help us answer further questions

first of all now you wait for the NOIR / NOID to come in the mail

a NOIR needs to be answered within a specified time( usually 30 days but letter will tell you) and needs evidence to support your claims of a bona fida marriage

a NOID allows you to pay for and do an appeal (takes about a year longer) I suggest a new application if you get a NOID as i did an appeal and won it and the court said "marriage is bona fida reapply" this allows your spouse to prove the issues in next interview

allah yessir

good luck to you both

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Ali12345.. it took a total of 11 months from return of consulate to Nvc and to Uscis, before i heard anything from them.. Umm my NOID never required me to go to court. I just read over what the consulate stated in why they could give my husband his visa at the time in the letter and i provided evidence in which help them to clearly see how genuine my marriage is. Prior to the letter, i already begin gathering evidence to prove my relationship was bonifide such as affidavit of proof of our marriage from my family and his and our friends, financial assistance for upkeeping, pictures, stamps on my passport showing the two times i went to visit after the interview, relationship time line, a letter from my husband ex wife in regard to her wanting a divorce that my husband submitted to Lagos court while doing the divorce, conversation between my husband and ex-wife where she stated she wanted a divorce, chat log from before marriage during marriage and currently. A letter stating the importance of them reaffirming my petition and they did so within two weeks of me sending everything. They information listed i had spoke to a lawyer in which he gave me ideas of items to gathered and i elaborated on my own on other beneficial items to gather as well. I hope it helps. I’m not against getting a lawyer but i don’t see the need for one when i knew my marriage better than anyone else and when a lawyer will ask me to gather the same information on my own and all he would do is charge me a huge amount of money. It’s up to you though, every case is different. I had to prove that my husband and his ex-wife divorce decree and final judgment was real, and the divorce was mutual, the lie the consulate stated that we never included wedding pictures which we did, and how our relationship was not bonifide. Honestly believe the reason for my husband denial originally was because he married another United States citizen.

Edited by Aishat919

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Ali12345 yes it was reaffirmed by USCIS on February 22nd 2018, waiting on NVC to receive my case back and then go through the process of a new interview, i hear that NVC is backlogged so i am not sure how long it will take.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.