Andy davies

How long do people predict ?

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, JustinS said:

Curiosity, the paper you need to pay the green card fee and all....did that come with your Visa packet?

Sadly that I do not know. As im on a k-1 fiancé visa so I think its a little different for you compared to me. I assume they will send you all the stuff in the mail. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, JustinS said:

Curiosity, the paper you need to pay the green card fee and all....did that come with your Visa packet?

The green card fee or immigrant fee (for spouse visas) is a USCIS fee. It has nothing to do with the embassy, visa, London, or the interview which are part of the Department of State. You can't pay it until you actually have a visa. You may pay it before going to the US or after you arrive. You will still be admitted as a permanent resident when you enter and your passport will be notated as such. That notation will allow you to go get a SSN, then driver license, and a job. BUT the actual plastic card will not be mailed to you in the states until USCIS receives your fee payment. 

Here is the USCIS brochure about how to pay it https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf

17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The green card fee or immigrant fee (for spouse visas) is a USCIS fee. It has nothing to do with the embassy, visa, London, or the interview which are part of the Department of State. You can't pay it until you actually have a visa. You may pay it before going to the US or after you arrive. You will still be admitted as a permanent resident when you enter and your passport will be notated as such. That notation will allow you to go get a SSN, then driver license, and a job. BUT the actual plastic card will not be mailed to you in the states until USCIS receives your fee payment. 

Here is the USCIS brochure about how to pay it https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf

I guess my question is, we get a number we need to use to pay it. Does tha come with the visa packet?

Timeline
1 hour ago, JustinS said:

I guess my question is, we get a number we need to use to pay it. Does tha come with the visa packet?

Sorry I don't know what you mean by "we get a number". Your visa will have a visa number printed on it.

Just now, Wuozopo said:

Sorry I don't know what you mean by "we get a number". Your visa will have a visa number printed on it.

Yes. The instructions reference an alien registration number. I assume thats it. 

On 3/23/2018 at 11:51 AM, Andy davies said:

Sadly that I do not know. As im on a k-1 fiancé visa so I think its a little different for you compared to me. I assume they will send you all the stuff in the mail. 

Shipping notification today!  Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. 

On 2018/3/23 at 4:50 PM, JustinS said:

Yes, there would be a piece of paper giving you instructions about what to do next.

1 hour ago, LND2017 said:

Yes, there would be a piece of paper giving you instructions about what to do next.

Awesome!  LAST ONE, I promise.  Once you do the green card fee and all.. I've seen some people say the social security number happens auto-magically.. others say they had to go down to the office.  What was your experience?

10 hours ago, JustinS said:

Awesome!  LAST ONE, I promise.  Once you do the green card fee and all.. I've seen some people say the social security number happens auto-magically.. others say they had to go down to the office.  What was your experience?

I have not entered US yet...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
18 hours ago, DanBF87 said:

Anyone know why the CEAC page shows you as having an immigrant visa when the K1 is non-immigrant?

The Immigrant Visa Unit is processing your case and doing the interview. Always pick "immigrant" when given a choice for scheduling interview, checking status, contacting them. A few days after the interview, one of the last things that happens before your status changes to "Issued", you will be switched to Non-Immigrant.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Morning everyone !

was so happy to read y'all it makes me feel a bit less stressed 😅

My medical exam was in London, March 26th. My interview for the K1, April 13th. So I left about 3 weeks in between. BUT they told me they didn't have my medical yet .. so I asked if they wanted to see the papers Knightsbridge gave me & the officer replied that it might just be in the building (whaaat then find it damn it 😅). 

I called Knightsbridge right away after the interview & they told me they sent it to the embassy on April 6th .. so it was at the embassy when I got the interview !!

The 13th right after my interview my status changed to AP .. so I can't wait to see the ISSUED part 😫 It's been less than a week I need to calm down I know but this whole process drive me kinda cray 😝

Any idea when I might get it ? Flying the 31st of May with my love as he's visiting in London so I wish we could go together home .. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/18/2018 at 10:27 PM, danju said:

Morning everyone !

was so happy to read y'all it makes me feel a bit less stressed 😅

My medical exam was in London, March 26th. My interview for the K1, April 13th. So I left about 3 weeks in between. BUT they told me they didn't have my medical yet .. so I asked if they wanted to see the papers Knightsbridge gave me & the officer replied that it might just be in the building (whaaat then find it damn it 😅). 

I called Knightsbridge right away after the interview & they told me they sent it to the embassy on April 6th .. so it was at the embassy when I got the interview !!

The 13th right after my interview my status changed to AP .. so I can't wait to see the ISSUED part 😫 It's been less than a week I need to calm down I know but this whole process drive me kinda cray 😝

Any idea when I might get it ? Flying the 31st of May with my love as he's visiting in London so I wish we could go together home .. 

Once it says Non immigrant on your ceac tracker you can assure it’s being processed and you will have it the week or 2. So keep checking 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Andy davies said:

Once it says Non immigrant on your ceac tracker you can assure it’s being processed and you will have it the week or 2. So keep checking 

Thanks, it's been issued yesterday !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.