Girona40

Judge Denies Marriage License

200 posts in this topic

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhh, shhh. rebeccajo, you're not supposed to use your brain. Judges should deny USCs the right to marry in their own country if their significant other is illegal. But not deny them their right to bring in their fiancé or spouse. Because in the latter case, filling out the IMBRA form is denying their love and in the former, we're protecting our Cheerios from illegals.

Anything less and we'll be overrun!!!!!!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

That's a very good question, actually. I haven't read the case, but my off-the-cuff guess is that the suit was brought in federal court under some sort of equal rights claim. Devil's in the details here.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Did anybody ever for ten seconds wonder if the judge was ruling on the USC woman's right to marry?

THANK YOU!

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Did anybody ever for ten seconds wonder if the judge was ruling on the USC woman's right to marry?

pwned_cat1.jpg

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline
Maybe I wasn't clear. They were taught what was only necessary by Best Buy. Miscellaneous bit code diagnostic, etc...they have no clue. For example, in Windows you can enter the debug terminal that list error codes when there's a problem. They weren't taught that. If something cannot be fixed by them through standard method set forth by Best Buy, it's sent to a service center in Chicago.

Anyway, most problems that come into the store is really more user error than with the computer itself.

Windows sucks anyway; Vista isn't worth a squirt of piss. Hardcore engineers use Linux/Unix. :devil:

I'll chime in with the following.... Those that are here illegally, and demand citizenship, can go to He!!.

Those that have legitimate reasons to immigrate (marriage for example), despite their previous infractions, are :thumbs:

What more needs to be said here?

It seems lots of us agree with you William. But you won't get the support of the hatemonger homesick_american who believe that anyone who came to this country illegally (under ANY circumstances - no excuses if the child was 2 years old) or if you overstayed a visa and accrued illegal presence (for ANY reason - doesn't matter if you got hit by a car and were in a coma for 6 months and couldn't leave) then s/he should "never be let back into the country" and "never marry in the US". She's quite lucky she didn't fall in love with someone who overstayed a visa - apparently she would tell the man to fk off and go home rather than marry him . . .

I'm done now - I have nothing more to say on this topic because I cannot stomach the hatred and hostility.

I take back everything positive I ever said/thought about you.

I'd appreciate it if you at least took the time to read what I actually said instead of what you assume I'm thinking, and do not attribute quotes to me that I did not say. That's common courtesy. If you're going to accuse me of having none, at least have some yourself.

Relax Kit,

The aforementioned says it all.

I am frankly surprised at "homesick_American’s" posture here. She is usually balanced in her perspective.

I hope she will return to clarify her position, in the usual balanced way, with full analysis of the points made.

homesick_American, care to clarify your position?

No problem, William. Put simply, Kitkat is lying about me; I never said the things she is saying that I said. I ignored her rant and she probably took that to mean that I agreed with her assessment of me when in fact I thought it was so ridiculous that it did not merit a response.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"Windows sucks anyway; Vista isn't worth a squirt of piss. Hardcore engineers use Linux/Unix."

Hubby asked me to post a reply for him on this one - he can't be bothered to sign in himself!!!

So, he says:-

"Windows is only good for games. Nobody develops games for a real operating system like Unix! A real operating system would be something like Solaris, HPUX, AIX or, to a lesser extent, Linux."

Okay, Okay, I know that he uses his "job speak" as a form of contraception! He is a Systems Admin. guy after all!!! lol

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Indeed.

Shocking the amount of irrational feeling in this thread. The Judge made the correct decision.

I'm also appalled at people thinking the Constitution shouldn't apply to illegal immigrants. The Constitution applies to the US government and its actions, it doesn't matter if those actions are being applied to a illegal immigrant or a US Citizen. In this case a marriage was denied on a basis that was clearly not allowed by the constitution, so the verdict was correct.

People should be careful what they wish for, wanting to discard the constitution for illegal immigrants. If you start dividing who it covers and who it doesn't, rest assured that line will be drawn so it includes US Citizens only.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Indeed.

Shocking the amount of irrational feeling in this thread. The Judge made the correct decision.

I'm also appalled at people thinking the Constitution shouldn't apply to illegal immigrants. The Constitution applies to the US government and its actions, it doesn't matter if those actions are being applied to a illegal immigrant or a US Citizen. In this case a marriage was denied on a basis that was clearly not allowed by the constitution, so the verdict was correct.

People should be careful what they wish for, wanting to discard the constitution for illegal immigrants. If you start dividing who it covers and who it doesn't, rest assured that line will be drawn so it includes US Citizens only.

:thumbs:

Man, I find myself using the thumbs up far too much lately.

100% agreed.

And when US Citizens are the only ones whose rights are drawn out in the constitution, all the LPRs who whine about how they did things the "right" way won't be too happy about the fact that they now have no rights.

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
they use to deny marriage license to folks of a different color..and it was law...was it right ..no..is this ruling correct..no and it was overturned....all people have rights here..we are not a 3rd world country..everyone deserves respect ..read the ###### constitution and show me where it says CITIZENS ONLY have these rights..

that's an easy one.......

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Of course, every man who signed the Constitution was an immigrant.....

I'm just saying is all.

Not to mention "illegal"! :whistle:

Of the 56 signers, all but 8 were born on USA soil.

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/index.htm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
:thumbs:

Man, I find myself using the thumbs up far too much lately.

It's okay to use the :thumbs:. Try not to use it on anyone in any inappropriate places. But then, you'd never know if they'd like it or not! :lol:

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

• 11 months later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
If he's Mexican, he's probably an EWI...

Maybe he is, but there are many many Mexicans undocumented who entered legally and are now out of status.

I'm with you. I met mine at work too, and he's wonderful. In fact, he's a better citizen than most citizens. He's the neighbor who comes outside to help you with your yardwork or move furniture, or just stops by to say hello. The citizen's here would rather have him for their neighbor than most Americans who couldn't care less about the person living next door. It's true, most EWIs here are not like that, Many here are taking advantage of our system, but there are the few that really give back a whole lot more than they take, and it's really not anyones job other than the good Lords to judge that person. Everyone has their own situation and reason for being here, even our ancestors did. I'm for immigration reform, but I would like to see it done with an inch of caring and concern for the situations that lead these people here.

Are the waivers for a Mexican citizen - EWI more than 365 days difficult to obtain? Would it be smarter to just hire an immigration attorney? We're still trying to decide on getting married and file K-3 or CR-1, or go the fiance visa route with K-1. Not sure which will be better at this point. Any advice?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
They shouldnt be allowed to marry. omg the BS all of us have to go thru to LEGALLY marry the LEGAL way gets thrown out the window bc they have a kid and been together 2 yrs?? BULL.

makes me wonder why we even have immigration rules in the first place.

Hes illegal, he has no rights in the USA, other than breathing and going back home to do things LEGALLY.

my rant for the day :)

If my husband had swam the atlantic and then tiptoed over the freakin boarder, then we went to a courthouse to get married, they would have deported his butt.

Fortunatly my husband loved me enough and cared enough about me and his son to do things LEGALLY and the right way!

my panties are in a bunch after reading this story. i need to go smoke :)

Let's say they were able to get married,with the new laws,the illegal party would have to return to their country of origin and their spouse would have to petition them.The petition would end up getting denied because the person was here illegally.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Only if nothing else is wrong in your background (not always a slam dunk), and you file the paperwork. I just don't see it as a huge risk for fraud for someone who's already here. It's not as though you have a terribly high risk of being deported if you fly under the radar, unfortunately.

:thumbs: Definitely true. That and illegal work were the only things in his background, and both are forgiven at AOS. If there were other issues...then yeah.

Maybe I've misunderstood your post - but someone who entered the US illegally NEVER has the option to adjust status in the US. They always have to go through consular processing and the waiver procedure.

HI KITKAT how are you, hope everything is going well and you are married now.