TBoneTX

I-751 August 2016 Filers, Part II

444 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Californian wife said:

Okay, that's a good sign! Congrats!!  I've heard from other applicants with combo interviews that they received an approval letter within a week after their interviews. So, yours should come soon as well.  Soon you'll be scheduled for Oath! 
I haven't heard anything from them yet :(  Do you know if there were other combo interviews happening that day or not?

Thank you so much! I hope so too. I really do hope you hear from them soon! I totally understand how you feel especially this month will already be 2 years for us! When I entered the building and I showed the security guy with my 2 notices, he told me I was the 3rd one today for the combo interview and he said he has been working there for 6 years, never seen combo interview before so I guess they just started doing the combo interview with 2 notices. That’s why they canceled everyone with I-751 pending. I really think they will reschedule for you soon since they canceled yours 2 months ago right? Good Luck to you and keep us posted! I will let you know if I get the approval letter and Oath notice as well.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tc123 said:

Thank you so much! I hope so too. I really do hope you hear from them soon! I totally understand how you feel especially this month will already be 2 years for us! When I entered the building and I showed the security guy with my 2 notices, he told me I was the 3rd one today for the combo interview and he said he has been working there for 6 years, never seen combo interview before so I guess they just started doing the combo interview with 2 notices. That’s why they canceled everyone with I-751 pending. I really think they will reschedule for you soon since they canceled yours 2 months ago right? Good Luck to you and keep us posted! I will let you know if I get the approval letter and Oath notice as well.

Thanks my friend. I'm not surprise that they've never seen the combo interview before because it was probably the first time that the i751 adjudication took such long time and we had no choice but applying for N400 concurrently. we were the unlucky ones... :( 

We got delayed on I751 because of N400, and now getting delayed on N400  because of I751...  sigh 

5 hours ago, Californian wife said:

Thanks my friend. I'm not surprise that they've never seen the combo interview before because it was probably the first time that the i751 adjudication took such long time and we had no choice but applying for N400 concurrently. we were the unlucky ones... :( 

We got delayed on I751 because of N400, and now getting delayed on N400  because of I751...  sigh 

I know right, we were the unlucky ones! What you said was so true! We got delayed on I-751 because of N-400 when we’re supposed to get our 10 years green card in the beginning of this year and now our N-400 got delayed because of I-751, that’s why they canceled our interview! It sucks to wait this long! But if you think in a good way, it is a good thing that SF office is doing the combo interview so they can adjudicate concurrently  because I have read from different forum that some people passed their N-400 but still have to wait for months because I-751 is still pending especially Chicago office, from what i heard they don’t do combo interview. Hang in there, you will definitely hear from them soon :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello,

My husband had his N400 interview this morning and oh my God the whole morning have been a complete mess. He did not get a I751 Interview letter, so I went just in case. When we arrived, there were 100 of people in line for oath ceremony. We came at 8:40 and could not get in because of the 100 of people. Now it 9:15 and we are still in line. Then, a man came asked everyone to be quiet, then they call our name to see if we were in the line. The guy at the front desk gave attitude because we are late not taking into account the 100 of people in line for Oath Ceremony. So, we went in. As hubby go in, the office with a strict demeanor told me to sit down. I sat and later he called me in saying he needs to interview me because of the pending I751, he cannot make a decision on naturalization. He asked me about my marriage anniversary, being so nervous I totally forgot which caused him to go back to looking at the paperwork. We got married twice, once in my hubby home country and in the state with my family. He wanted to know why. He asked for our first child who died (death certificate) kind of weird I thought. So at the end of it all, he asked if our baby is my biological children with my husband. Then said, he should receive the Oath Ceremony Letter in the mail soon. I am taking that as good news even though the paper said pending decision. Lord, we cannot wait to be done with this particular nightmare. My husband is on the way back to pick up my phone that I forgot in the officer's office due to him making us super nervous even though we had absolutely nothing to hide.
We brought with us.

- Our mortgage paperwork

- Bank Account

- Both Marriage Certificate

- Child Birth Certificate

Breath!!! So I say all his to say, even if ou have an N400, it will be a combo interview because N400 cannot be approved pending I751.

Edited by 4jacques

On 8/15/2018 at 4:04 AM, Californian wife said:

Just an update...I got my approval letter in mail yesterday!:) it came from NBC and the notice date was the same day as my interview date so I guess they approved me right after my interview. Now I’m waiting for the Oath ceremony notice. Hopefully you get the new interview notice soon too, please keep us posted. I can’t wait to see you get approved soon too, this journey is way too long!

2 hours ago, 4jacques said:

Hello,

My husband had his N400 interview this morning and oh my God the whole morning have been a complete mess. He did not get a I751 Interview letter, so I went just in case. When we arrived, there were 100 of people in line for oath ceremony. We came at 8:40 and could not get in because of the 100 of people. Now it 9:15 and we are still in line. Then, a man came asked everyone to be quiet, then they call our name to see if we were in the line. The guy at the front desk gave attitude because we are late not taking into account the 100 of people in line for Oath Ceremony. So, we went in. As hubby go in, the office with a strict demeanor told me to sit down. I sat and later he called me in saying he needs to interview me because of the pending I751, he cannot make a decision on naturalization. He asked me about my marriage anniversary, being so nervous I totally forgot which caused him to go back to looking at the paperwork. We got married twice, once in my hubby home country and in the state with my family. He wanted to know why. He asked for our first child who died (death certificate) kind of weird I thought. So at the end of it all, he asked if our baby is my biological children with my husband. Then said, he should receive the Oath Ceremony Letter in the mail soon. I am taking that as good news even though the paper said pending decision. Lord, we cannot wait to be done with this particular nightmare. My husband is on the way back to pick up my phone that I forgot in the officer's office due to him making us super nervous even though we had absolutely nothing to hide.
We brought with us.

- Our mortgage paperwork

- Bank Account

- Both Marriage Certificate

- Child Birth Certificate

Breath!!! So I say all his to say, even if ou have an N400, it will be a combo interview because N400 cannot be approved pending I751.

Congrats! Finally right after this long wait! I am happy for you and your husband. It’s a good sign if the interviewer said that your husband will get the Oath letter in the mail soon even the decision cannot be made right away, because that happened to me too and then after a week I got an approval letter. You guys will definitely get an approval letter soon too:) Trust me...I know how you feel! I can’t believe that I’m almost done with this long journey too!

Timeline

Update,

This is a little our of ordinary but my God is an out of ordinary God. Anyways, we just got a call from NCIS and they told us that our N400 application for the interview yesterday has been approved. They wanted to see if we can attend the Oath Ceremony next week 8/23. I inquired what happened to the mail letter, she said she is calling because the letter will not make it on time in the mail. Therefore, we need to go to the counter to pick it up 1/2 an hour before the ceremony. It all work out great because the following week, husband goes back to school so he will not have to miss school to attend these immigration matters. I am beyond thrilled. One more week until this process is over. Next thing on our agenda, application for my mother in law to move to the states.

Thank you Jesus!!! We are almost there.

15 hours ago, 4jacques said:

Update,

This is a little our of ordinary but my God is an out of ordinary God. Anyways, we just got a call from NCIS and they told us that our N400 application for the interview yesterday has been approved. They wanted to see if we can attend the Oath Ceremony next week 8/23. I inquired what happened to the mail letter, she said she is calling because the letter will not make it on time in the mail. Therefore, we need to go to the counter to pick it up 1/2 an hour before the ceremony. It all work out great because the following week, husband goes back to school so he will not have to miss school to attend these immigration matters. I am beyond thrilled. One more week until this process is over. Next thing on our agenda, application for my mother in law to move to the states.

Thank you Jesus!!! We are almost there.

I am happy to hear that everything works out for you guys!:)

Just yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that they have received a notice with the interview appointment for mid September.

I knew that I would be hearing from USCIS soon, but I'm now stressing again.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, Sam_Son_83 said:

Just yesterday I received a call from my lawyer that they have received a notice with the interview appointment for mid September.

I knew that I would be hearing from USCIS soon, but I'm now stressing again.

Hang in there . I was checking our online account and it look like base on their processing timeline for N400, they are 5 months ahead with us because the system says 4 month left. I know it has been long pending the I751, you will get through this. Let's keep faith and be persistent...call and have an agent place a ticket for you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I think I'm the last VJ member that still checks this thread as  my I751 is still pending ....  I still haven't heard anything regarding my N400 reschedule. Pray for me  LOL

19 minutes ago, Californian wife said:

I think I'm the last VJ member that still checks this thread as  my I751 is still pending ....  I still haven't heard anything regarding my N400 reschedule. Pray for me  LOL

You might very well be, lol.

i feel like I'm the last here. Not a good feeling, since I'm worrying a lot about my interview. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Californian wife said:

18 hours ago, Sam_Son_83 said:

You might very well be, lol.

i feel like I'm the last here. Not a good feeling, since I'm worrying a lot about my interview. 

I'm still waiting for my combo interview (for I-751 and N-400) since the Seattle office is probably the slowest office now!  :bonk:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.