TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

We got a denial we are still waiting for the hardcopy.Its hard to take this news and we are still confused and wondering what is wrong.Still unbelievable.

I’m so so sorry :-( I can’t even imagine how you feel right now 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Just now, Vholde346 said:

I’m so so sorry :-( I can’t even imagine how you feel right now 

It's so frustrating.We hope we can appeal if it is possible.We had no words but my fiance just requested me to be patient and we wait for the denial letter as he figures out what to do next.We are thinking on looking for a lawyer.I can't imagine all the evidence we gave out.My hubby hasn't been able to come and see me and our daughter the past year because of the process.

6 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

It's so frustrating.We hope we can appeal if it is possible.We had no words but my fiance just requested me to be patient and we wait for the denial letter as he figures out what to do next.We are thinking on looking for a lawyer.I can't imagine all the evidence we gave out.My hubby hasn't been able to come and see me and our daughter the past year because of the process.

I'm sorry this has happened.  One thing I caught is that you called him hubby.  Are you already married?  If so, you got a denial because you filed I-129f per your timeline.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

I'm sorry this has happened.  One thing I caught is that you called him hubby.  Are you already married?  If so, you got a denial because you filed I-129f per your timeline.

We are not yet married.No anything formal that happened.I'm calling him hubby because he will eventually be my future husband.And we will be officially married in future.

3 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

We are not yet married.No anything formal that happened.I'm calling him hubby because he will eventually be my future husband.And we will be officially married in future.

ahh o makes sense.  I do the same.  I think most of us probably do.  I just wanted to be sure.  Do you mind letting us know what your RFE was about?  Perhaps that would help with us trying to guess why you received a denial, other than them being total asses.  :(  I'm so very sorry.  But, bright side you can appeal.  So just be ready to fight.  I'm sure you feel that your relationship is worth the coming battle.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

ahh o makes sense.  I do the same.  I think most of us probably do.  I just wanted to be sure.  Do you mind letting us know what your RFE was about?  Perhaps that would help with us trying to guess why you received a denial, other than them being total asses.  :(  I'm so very sorry.  But, bright side you can appeal.  So just be ready to fight.  I'm sure you feel that your relationship is worth the coming battle.

The rfe needed a letter of intent,beneficiary and petitioner's passport photos and evidence  of fiance visiting(passport stamps)

11 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

The rfe needed a letter of intent,beneficiary and petitioner's passport photos and evidence  of fiance visiting(passport stamps)

All that is the general items.  sheesh!  I don't know.  Well the letter is on the way so just be sure to immediately appeal so there isn't more delay.  I truly hope everything works out in your favor in the end.  My best wishes and prayers are with you and your family.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, IsabelandDavid said:

Hello! Does anyone know why cases fall out of processing times? We still haven't received our NOA2 and I want to explode. NOA1 was August 17th. 

You're asking the million dollar question my friend.
We have no idea. The easiest answer is background checks but even that shouldn't take this long...

We know from May/June there were those that reached 270+ days before being approved. A case taking longer does not equate being rejected. Some in May got it right around the 300 day mark. 
If you have not done so, perhaps put in some service requests with USCIS, get your congressmen involved etc. We're not sure what exactly gets a case looked at but these are options, if you are looking for some.

I am so sorry it's taking so long for so many of you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m feeling so down. I want to be with my partner so bad, we should be celebrating together. Where are our NOA2s guys?

I want to book a flight but I’m worried that it’ll be for nothing, because we are potentially so close. But then again, I’ve read so many updates on here from people that have been waiting well over a month for them to process their evidence.

Edited by Vholde346

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jane wanjiku said:

We got a denial we are still waiting for the hardcopy.Its hard to take this news and we are still confused and wondering what is wrong.Still unbelievable.

I am so sorry
To wait so long for a denial is devastating.

You said your RFE was to give letter of intent and passport stamps to verify meeting in person?
Have you and fiance seen in the past 2 years? I know if you are even a day out of that 2 year window, it's an automatic denial.

Hoping you guys get an answer to move forward!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

All that is the general items.  sheesh!  I don't know.  Well the letter is on the way so just be sure to immediately appeal so there isn't more delay.  I truly hope everything works out in your favor in the end.  My best wishes and prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks.It hurts but hope everything goes on our favour.We have to  fight for our relationship

Timeline
Just now, Jane wanjiku said:

Thanks.It hurts but hope everything goes on our favour.We have to  fight for our relationship

Praying for you guys

Just keep in mind appeal is only 30 days from the date of the notice.
So you must act fast on it or it expires.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

I am so sorry
To wait so long for a denial is devastating.

You said your RFE was to give letter of intent and passport stamps to verify meeting in person?
Have you and fiance seen in the past 2 years? I know if you are even a day out of that 2 year window, it's an automatic denial.

Hoping you guys get an answer to move forward!

My fiance was here last year for 3 months.The past 2 years he has visited twice

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

I’m feeling so down. I want to be with my partner so bad, we should be celebrating together. Where are our NOA2s guys?

I want to book a flight but I’m worried that it’ll be for nothing, because we are potentially so close. But then again, I’ve read so many updates on here from people that have been waiting well over a month for them to process their evidence.

I am so with you.
It's hard making decisions like flying when you don't know where you are in the process.

If you are planning on being there for the interview, might make sense to hold on?
If not, I'll say all else equal, go visit your love whilst you can!
Am sorry you get to spend your anniversary in suspense again- but this is the last one!

Next year, all this will be a simple memory :D

Timeline
Just now, Jane wanjiku said:

My fiance was here last year for 3 months.The past 2 years he has visited twice

Well then-

I simply have no idea what they could deny you for.

Again, I am so sorry for you and your fiance.
We're here to support you in any way we can.
Hopefully that letter comes to you soon so you know how to appeal!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.