julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Xie_xong said:

Hi @NicolaBolton87 oh I am sorry I just read your previous posts saying that you did finish your ds160. It's weird because usually we are only able to book interview appointments after the payment and not the other way around. Maybe it all depends on the embassy of choice and I am really unaware on how you guys do it in your chosen embassy.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm your planned steps because we're not on the same embassy. But I can't see anything wrong with the steps you gave.

Goodluck to all of us. Hopefully everything will run smoothly :wub:.

There are many subtle and some not so subtle differences between Embassies.  In the Philippines we can start the process as soon as we get the number from NVC.  We do need to have the MRV payment in at least 12 hours prior to being able to book an interview slot but we can book when our status is still "At NVC".  Of course we need to book the interview out long enough for the paperwork to get to Manila but all is in our hands at that point.  There is no "Packet 3" or "Packet 4" for us either.  That is the danger here.  What is correct for the Philippines is probably very wrong for just about anyone else.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There are many subtle and some not so subtle differences between Embassies.  In the Philippines we can start the process as soon as we get the number from NVC.  We do need to have the MRV payment in at least 12 hours prior to being able to book an interview slot but we can book when our status is still "At NVC".  Of course we need to book the interview out long enough for the paperwork to get to Manila but all is in our hands at that point.  There is no "Packet 3" or "Packet 4" for us either.  That is the danger here.  What is correct for the Philippines is probably very wrong for just about anyone else.

True..the good thing is, that makes the progress a bit faster in PH than in other embassies.

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

1 minute ago, Xie_xong said:

True..the good thing is, that makes the progress a bit faster in PH than in other embassies.

No kidding.  We could have set up the interview just 25 days after NOA2.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No kidding.  We could have set up the interview just 25 days after NOA2.

That's really quick. I've a got a couple of group chat members who are already on their interview stage in PH 2-3 weeks after their NOA2 date and it's crazy. How I wish I opted for PH US Embassy than here in UAE lol.

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Just-in-case18 said:

@KAF I just called and was told by Kendall that our case was received today no idea what happened between today and Friday but makes me feel better than the panic I went through yesterday! 

That’s good to hear. I have not called yet. So no case number yet tho?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, KAF said:

That’s good to hear. I have not called yet. So no case number yet tho?

Nada unfortunately, I may call again later tonight or tomorrow to see if one has been assigned

crossing my fingers yours is in their system 🤞🏻

Edited by Just-in-case18

1 minute ago, hq990 said:

Hi guys, October 6 filer got approval today , what next??

Congratulations!  Give NVC about 8 days and start calling them for your NVC number.  Hold onto your hat.  It moves very fast now if you want it to!

IMG_5168.jpeg

In case anyone else is in the same situation I am, I'm sharing this info;

Even though our case was "Ready" at the embassy on March 28th, I just received the email from NVC today (7 minutes ago, to be exact).

If you've scheduled anything but not gotten an email from NVC yet, don't panic. :)

K-1

Spoiler

Mailed I-129F:   5 September, 2017

Received:  8 September, 2017
I-129F NOA1:    11 September, 2017

I-129F NOA2:     8 March, 2018

NVC Received:  20 March, 2018

NVC # Assigned: 22 March, 2018

Consulate Rec'd:  28 March, 2018

Medical:   24 April, 2018

Interview:   8 May, 2018

Visa on Hand:   21 May, 2018

POE:   8 June, 2018 (Manchester > Boston > Pittsburgh)

Legal Marriage:    27 June, 2018

Traditional Wedding: 7 October, 2018

AOS/EAD

Mailed Packet:   8 September, 2018

NOA1:  13 September, 2018

Biometrics: 19 October, 2018

EAD Approval:   5 February, 2019

Interview: 4 March, 2019

Approval Notice: 4 March, 2019

RoC

Mailed Packet:   8 February, 2021

Packet Received: 12 February, 2021

NOA1:  20 March, 2021

Biometrics: September 2021

RFE: 13 July, 2022

RFE Submitted: Soon

Interview: Waiting

Approval: Waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ok so, little update. 

My fiance just received an email from Naples embassy (where I will have the interview) that our case is there and to follow the instructions in the attached. 

Yaaaaayyyy! 

The problem is we never called nvc for our case number (lazy fiance - scared me). We also never received an email/mail from nvc with our case number and in the embassy email there is not our case number. 

Is it normal? 

We basically found out our case is ready without ever knowing it was even assigned a case number to it in the first place. 

What should we do? Any suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks! 

Edited by baggles

Timeline
30 minutes ago, madelineshea said:

In case anyone else is in the same situation I am, I'm sharing this info;

Even though our case was "Ready" at the embassy on March 28th, I just received the email from NVC today (7 minutes ago, to be exact).

If you've scheduled anything but not gotten an email from NVC yet, don't panic. :)

Hey, I just read your message. Did it happen the same thing happened to me? Check my post right after yours. Did you have the case number though? 

31 minutes ago, baggles said:

Ok so, little update. 

My fiance just received an email from Naples embassy (where I will have the interview) that our case is there and to follow the instructions in the attached. 

Yaaaaayyyy! 

The problem is we never called nvc for our case number (lazy fiance - scared me). We also never received an email/mail from nvc with our case number and in the embassy email there is not our case number. 

Is it normal? 

We basically found out our case is ready without ever knowing it was even assigned a case number to it in the first place. 

What should we do? Any suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, baggles said:

Hey, I just read your message. Did it happen the same thing happened to me? Check my post right after yours. Did you have the case number though? 

I've got severe brain-fuzz today, so bear with me! I'm going to try and explain what I did and see if that gives you more information.

I called NVC on the 23rd of March and got our case number over the phone. I checked CEAC until I saw that it was "Ready."
My fiancé received his packet from the London Embassy today with a copy of the K1 packet and various other things in it today, but that didn't contain the case number. 
I received the email this afternoon that contained the case number, as well.

I would say that if you already have hard-copy mail/email with NO case number attached, then that's a little unusual, but it may depend on the embassy. My suggestion would be to call NVC, tell them you got an email/letter/whatever you got, but you don't have your case number. It's really not scary at all, just more annoying to potentially sit on hold! Give them your WAC number. They'll ask for some information for security checks, then give you the number and your invoice number. :)
Once you have that number, proceed as normal with your specific embassy instructions.

K-1

Spoiler

Mailed I-129F:   5 September, 2017

Received:  8 September, 2017
I-129F NOA1:    11 September, 2017

I-129F NOA2:     8 March, 2018

NVC Received:  20 March, 2018

NVC # Assigned: 22 March, 2018

Consulate Rec'd:  28 March, 2018

Medical:   24 April, 2018

Interview:   8 May, 2018

Visa on Hand:   21 May, 2018

POE:   8 June, 2018 (Manchester > Boston > Pittsburgh)

Legal Marriage:    27 June, 2018

Traditional Wedding: 7 October, 2018

AOS/EAD

Mailed Packet:   8 September, 2018

NOA1:  13 September, 2018

Biometrics: 19 October, 2018

EAD Approval:   5 February, 2019

Interview: 4 March, 2019

Approval Notice: 4 March, 2019

RoC

Mailed Packet:   8 February, 2021

Packet Received: 12 February, 2021

NOA1:  20 March, 2021

Biometrics: September 2021

RFE: 13 July, 2022

RFE Submitted: Soon

Interview: Waiting

Approval: Waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I called yesterday and got our case number, is there anything else I need to do now or do I just wait until the case has been sent to the London embassy? The case tracker online tells me I need to follow these steps: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

But I don't see anyone here mentioning anything about that. Maybe those rules don't apply to the K1 visa? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Timeline
1 minute ago, madelineshea said:

I've got severe brain-fuzz today, so bear with me! I'm going to try and explain what I did and see if that gives you more information.

I called NVC on the 23rd of March and got our case number over the phone. I checked CEAC until I saw that it was "Ready."
My fiancé received his packet from the London Embassy today with a copy of the K1 packet and various other things in it today, but that didn't contain the case number. 
I received the email this afternoon that contained the case number, as well.

I would say that if you already have hard-copy mail/email with NO case number attached, then that's a little unusual, but it may depend on the embassy. My suggestion would be to call NVC, tell them you got an email/letter/whatever you got, but you don't have your case number. It's really not scary at all, just more annoying to potentially sit on hold! Give them your WAC number. They'll ask for some information for security checks, then give you the number and your invoice number. :)
Once you have that number, proceed as normal with your specific embassy instructions.

Thank you so much! 

Yeah i guess your situation is a little different. 

My fiance, the USC received an email from Naples embassy (even though I'm the beneficiary and always thought the email should be sent to me). In the email there was an attachment with all the instructions, packet 3 included. 

But we never received email/hard copy mail from nvc with our case number. We also never called for many reasons. So we didn't even know our application was received, then a number assigned etc etc. We found it out an hour ago thanks to the embassy email. That's why we're so confused and don't know if this is normal or not. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.