LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
12 hours ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi everyone, it has been 167 days since I applied for i-130 &  i-485, also 145 days for work permit but I have no letters or updates on USCIS website about any of my cases.They are all the same saying " Case Was Received"....... I have no updates about my EAD card either.Im just so frustrated.I see so many people getting updates about their cases like " ready to be scheduled for interview" but I have nothing like that going on.I have no energy or desire to reach out a congressman or whatever.Is there anyone who has a similar timeline and got no updates about their cases like myself? i am just so lost...Sorry for being so negative but I am just so sick of being stuck at home and not being able to work or drive.It is also really stressing me out that I dont know what is going on with any of my cases.More than 5 months and no letters or updates..Absolutely NOTHING :( Please share your timelines or experiences with me...Thank you and good luck to you all...

PS. I am from Detroit, MI and my service center is NBC

Hi, We filed 485/765/131 all together on 3/21/2018 NOA1 4/2/2018 to Nebreska (LIN) but it was transferred to NBC (MSC) on 6/7/2018.

We got approved for combo card on 7/31/2018.

card still in transit, but my online accounts were updated promptly (surprisingly) to approced/card in production / card being mailed.

informed delivery site sent me image of USCIS mail today, so it will come in a few days I think.

There was no hint until the day, and suddenly it changed like crazy boom boom boom. so don't lose hope. it might be tomorrow :)

I am dying for my 485 interview to be scheduled....I really need it NOW. RIGHT NOW. sigh.

It just says my biometric review was complete. Sigh.......

Hopefully I get interview notice really really sooooooon.... ;(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 hours ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi everyone, it has been 167 days since I applied for i-130 &  i-485, also 145 days for work permit but I have no letters or updates on USCIS website about any of my cases.They are all the same saying " Case Was Received"....... I have no updates about my EAD card either.Im just so frustrated.I see so many people getting updates about their cases like " ready to be scheduled for interview" but I have nothing like that going on.I have no energy or desire to reach out a congressman or whatever.Is there anyone who has a similar timeline and got no updates about their cases like myself? i am just so lost...Sorry for being so negative but I am just so sick of being stuck at home and not being able to work or drive.It is also really stressing me out that I dont know what is going on with any of my cases.More than 5 months and no letters or updates..Absolutely NOTHING :( Please share your timelines or experiences with me...Thank you and good luck to you all...

Hang in there!

One day of no updates is still one day closer:)

Bio on May 10th

Filed March 28th

Accepted April 25th

13 minutes ago, queenki said:

Hi,

I have same NOA1 date 4/2/2018.

We filed all three at the same time and we just got EAD/AP approved 7/31/2018.

So hopefully it's soon for you too.

What category are you filing I-485? (I am not sure if this matters or not, I want to know if this matters....)

We got I-140 approved for EB2-NIW. last Feb 2018. and we filed I-485 March 2018. I desperately need the GC asap.....to get into federal funding involved professional school.

We did biometric on 4/30 and we still don;t even have interview dates fixed.

arrrrr......

My recieved date was April 2nd, but my notice date is April 17th.

I’m adjusting from the K1 visa 🙂

fingers crossed your interview date is soon!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 2:56 PM, cross_the_river said:

2728.png EAD/AP Combo Card In HAND! 2728.png

03/15 - Case Was Received 
04/16 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed 
07/25 - New Card Is Being Produced 
07/30 - Card Was Mailed To Me
07/31 - Card Was Picked Up By The USPS
08/04 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

OMG congrats!

I can't wait for mine too. Does it only give 1 yr period before expiration? Just curious. (hope the GC comes way before then though)

Edited by millefleur
Attachment containing personal info removed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
10 minutes ago, queenki said:

OMG congrats!

I can't wait for mine too. Does it only give 1 yr period before expiration? Just curious. (hope the GC comes way before then though)

Thanks a lot!! ^_^ 
You're gonna receive it so soon!
Yes, It's valid for 1 year.  (I hope that too!!)  

On 8/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, Lsthorpe1 said:

Hey!

I live in Auburn Hills, MI.

My local office is 40 minutes away in Detroit.

Im in the same boat! My recieved date for aos, ap, ead is April 2nd.

my biometrics completed May 5th.

Getting tired of waiting! But hey, I have a feeling that this is our month!

Hi, i really hope that this is our month! i have 2 friends from detroit that are getting their interviews this wed and thu whereas i have no clue about any of my cases...Please keep in touch as you are also from Michigan, we can compare our timeline to each other that way.Good luck to all of us!

On 8/6/2018 at 2:56 PM, cross_the_river said:

2728.png EAD/AP Combo Card In HAND! 2728.png

03/15 - Case Was Received 
04/16 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed 
07/25 - New Card Is Being Produced 
07/30 - Card Was Mailed To Me
07/31 - Card Was Picked Up By The USPS
08/04 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

congrats!

Edited by millefleur
Attachment containing personal info removed

17 minutes ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi, i really hope that this is our month! i have 2 friends from detroit that are getting their interviews this wed and thu whereas i have no clue about any of my cases...Please keep in touch as you are also from Michigan, we can compare our timeline to each other that way.Good luck to all of us!

congrats!

Where about’s in Michigan are you from?

Ah I’m hopeful it will be this month!!! I really am!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Guys, 

It is my pleasure to report that yesterday my wife and our two daughters had our interview.

This is how it went down. 

The interview was for 9.30am. We got there at 9am. We waited for about 30 mins before we were called in by a middle aged woman. She took us into her office and was gracious enough to offer my kids coloring books to keep them busy while she attended to us. We swore an oath to tell the truth and then she began by confirming our personal details as stated on the i-485 forms.

Then she asked me how we met. I asked her if she meant how we met the first time or the second time (I was remarrying my ex-wife) and she said all of it so i gave her a brief summary of how we met the first time and how we got back together the second time. She then asked my wife if she ever married someone else while we were divorced and she said no.

Then she proceeded to ask the 50 or so 'yes or no' questions from the i-485 forms. My wife answered no to everything and was then told to sign at the bottom of the form. I was also told to sign the same thing for my kids. She asked my kids how they felt about school and what was their favorite thing to do at school.

She then asked us if we had any questions for her and we said 'hell no'...well actually we just said no...lol. Then she told us that she would need to review the files to make sure everything was in order and told us what would happen if we got approved and how the cards will be produced and sent to the address we noted in the form. The interview took about 30 mins. 

We left and I dropped my wife and kids at home and while I was halfway to work, I received 3 emails stating that our case has been approved. By the time I was seated at my job, another email came in stating that my second daughter's card was being produced. I was impressed!!!

I want to wish everyone who is still waiting for an interview Good luck and Godspeed. We were not nervous at all because we knew our case was very easy given that we remarried each other and our kids were ours.

Hang in there guys!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 8/5/2018 at 11:19 PM, Michigan24 said:

We were in the same boat except for that our AOS says it's been ready to be scheduled for interview since 3 weeks ago! #######!!!! ERRRR.

BUT today I got an email saying they were going to mail out the SS card A.K.A. work authorization i-785! Yay! 

Our service center is MSC (Missouri Service Center) and we're in the Chi! Ayeeeee! lol. 

***IRONICALLY THOUGH*** since it's supposed to take 90 days to receive your SS card, and it was over that time frame, we sent a letter requesting an expedite for the I-785 (ss card) and I-131 (travel doc) saying we needed to work because we need to replace our roof ($14k!!!! Je-SUS) and his father in law is really sick. Like gunna die soon sick. Then BOOM a week later, they update our case today saying they will send out our SS card. Hmmmm....

We didn't wanna contact our congressman/woman either so we had scheduled an appointment at the USCIC Chicago office for an expediate on our case in person, and they didn't do a DAMN thing. Just told us to write a letter to our USCIS office that had our petition...so we did and boom, one week later, an update. 

Try it. See if it works for you. Minimal effort my dear! 

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Has anyone received their Social Security card yet? 

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
26 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

Has anyone received their Social Security card yet? 

We requested my SSN immediately after my arrival to US at a Social Security Office and  I received my SSC almost 2 weeks after that. 
But recently they sent me a new one! but it's basically useless. because the first one works forever! 

AOS/EAD/AP received date by USCIS = 03/15
Second SSC received by mail to me = 07/03

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, saintike said:

Guys, 

It is my pleasure to report that yesterday my wife and our two daughters had our interview.

This is how it went down. 

The interview was for 9.30am. We got there at 9am. We waited for about 30 mins before we were called in by a middle aged woman. She took us into her office and was gracious enough to offer my kids coloring books to keep them busy while she attended to us. We swore an oath to tell the truth and then she began by confirming our personal details as stated on the i-485 forms.

Then she asked me how we met. I asked her if she meant how we met the first time or the second time (I was remarrying my ex-wife) and she said all of it so i gave her a brief summary of how we met the first time and how we got back together the second time. She then asked my wife if she ever married someone else while we were divorced and she said no.

Then she proceeded to ask the 50 or so 'yes or no' questions from the i-485 forms. My wife answered no to everything and was then told to sign at the bottom of the form. I was also told to sign the same thing for my kids. She asked my kids how they felt about school and what was their favorite thing to do at school.

She then asked us if we had any questions for her and we said 'hell no'...well actually we just said no...lol. Then she told us that she would need to review the files to make sure everything was in order and told us what would happen if we got approved and how the cards will be produced and sent to the address we noted in the form. The interview took about 30 mins. 

We left and I dropped my wife and kids at home and while I was halfway to work, I received 3 emails stating that our case has been approved. By the time I was seated at my job, another email came in stating that my second daughter's card was being produced. I was impressed!!!

I want to wish everyone who is still waiting for an interview Good luck and Godspeed. We were not nervous at all because we knew our case was very easy given that we remarried each other and our kids were ours.

Hang in there guys!!!!

Congratulations!!

If you don't mind my asking- you are at the Dallas office
I thought it was backlogged (almost) as bad as the Houston office- maybe 2 months faster than Houston and you had your interview in 6 months!
Is this normal you think? Or was your case special? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Congratulations!!

If you don't mind my asking- you are at the Dallas office
I thought it was backlogged (almost) as bad as the Houston office- maybe 2 months faster than Houston and you had your interview in 6 months!
Is this normal you think? Or was your case special? 

Yes I had the interview at the Dallas office.

I would advise you not pay attention to stories of backlogs. I think it is based on whoever is handling your file and how fast or slow they are.

This is normal because some people that I applied they did got their interviews before I even got my letter for interview. in other words, some people's process took only 5 months. 

I don't think my case was special. But if you ask about the EADs then I will let you know that I expedited them. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.