LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Guys quick updates uscis finaly gave me call back and the officer said that they are working on my case and should have interview notice in my mail soon . I don't know how did this happen but it happened . Thanks God 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, fatima& abdi said:

Guys quick updates uscis finaly gave me call back and the officer said that they are working on my case and should have interview notice in my mail soon . I don't know how did this happen but it happened . Thanks God 

Told you!!! Thats sooocrazy fast and awesome! let us know when you get the notice in the mail. Congratz and i hope we're all that lucky!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

Told you!!! Thats sooocrazy fast and awesome! let us know when you get the notice in the mail. Congratz and i hope we're all that lucky!!! 

Trust me i was telling him are you sure he said yes im i couldn't believe im still schoked i hope all of u guys get it soon because it should be fair for all of us . And sure i will let you know when i have in the mail 

Just got an email of USCIS - case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Now the real waiting game begins!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Also, my EAD case has gone back to 'we received your case' with a March date from 'we are processing your biometrics' with an April date, anyone know why this may be?

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello Guys, I have a question. Just to check, can you provide the fee for AOS application ( including biometric, employment authorization and travel request). I have checked in USCIS website, and my calculations make over 2000 K, but people in forums discuss that some of the fees are deducted when you apply all together. Can u please provide the most updated fee for AOS/including the mentioned files/? Thank you in advance

6 hours ago, SonaMartirosyan said:

Hello Guys, I have a question. Just to check, can you provide the fee for AOS application ( including biometric, employment authorization and travel request). I have checked in USCIS website, and my calculations make over 2000 K, but people in forums discuss that some of the fees are deducted when you apply all together. Can u please provide the most updated fee for AOS/including the mentioned files/? Thank you in advance

The total amount is $1225 (AOS, EAD, AP and Biometrics). $1140 processing fee and $85 for biometrics. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, msscarlette said:

The total amount is $1225 (AOS, EAD, AP and Biometrics). $1140 processing fee and $85 for biometrics. 

That is correct but actually the total amount of AOS is $1140 plus $85 processing fee. If you will also apply EAD and AP along with your AOS, the fee for EAD and AP are waived.  Without EAD and AP, the amount for AOS is still $1140.  plus the biometrics fee.

4 minutes ago, Chuck and Blaire said:

That is correct but actually the total amount of AOS is $1140 plus $85 processing fee. If you will also apply EAD and AP along with your AOS, the fee for EAD and AP are waived.  Without EAD and AP, the amount for AOS is still $1140.  plus the biometrics fee.

Please check the Filing Fee on this link https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Read our Paying USCIS Fees page for more details.

If You Are…

Form Fee

Biometric
Services Fee

Total

Under 14 and filing with the I-485
application of at least one parent

$750

$0

$750

Under 14 and not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent

$1,140

$0

$1,140

Age 14 – 78

$1,140

$85

$1,225

Age 79 or older

$1,140

$0

$1,140

Filing Form I-485 based on having been admitted to the United States as a refugee

$0

$0

$0

4 minutes ago, Lubiloco said:

Hey guys. Anyone else filling from Boston? Filled mine on March 19th PD March 23rd. Biometrics will be on the 26th. I called USCIS and they told me that Boston fillers are experiencing a delay and are getting their GC from 7-18 months after their PD. Is this accurate?

That's not a delay. That's within normal processing times.

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

4 hours ago, Lubiloco said:

Feel a lot better now :D. The estimated time for your region is the same? Yet you're about to get your interview? That's such a relief lol. I've applied to college and got in. Really hope I get it before spring semester begins :)

Ready to schedule interview doesn't mean a lot, I could be waiting for up to 2 years based on processing times for my local office.

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/24/2018 at 6:36 AM, msscarlette said:

Please check the Filing Fee on this link https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Read our Paying USCIS Fees page for more details.

If You Are…

Form Fee

Biometric
Services Fee

Total

Under 14 and filing with the I-485
application of at least one parent

$750

$0

$750

Under 14 and not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent

$1,140

$0

$1,140

Age 14 – 78

$1,140

$85

$1,225

Age 79 or older

$1,140

$0

$1,140

Filing Form I-485 based on having been admitted to the United States as a refugee

$0

$0

$0

Hi, I was just trying to point out that even if you do not apply for the EAD and AP, the form fee  is still $1140. The form fee of $1140 refers only to AOS or form i-485. If you do not include the form i-765 and i-131 and later on decided to apply (separate from i-485) , it will cost you additional $495 (EAD+bio) and $660 (AP+bio). I've just presented a more detailed answer to the question, but I believe we are talking of the same thing. Thank you for the link.

I woke up to two texts stating there had been a case status change on my AOS (I485), but when I checked there has been no activity. Strange!

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.