dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Tkim said:

Hi everyone, does anyone know how long does it take the IV fee to unlock after DS261 review on the phone? Thank in advance for answering.

I did DS 261on Thursday, called Monday to have it reviewed and they unlocked the IV fee this morning (Wednesday) and I just paid it. Now waiting for IV application to open so I can complete. 

For those of you pivot cases who are finally getting case numbers assigned... what are your receive dates at NVC? Trying to understand where they are at on the pivots because we are Feb 2nd and in our 8th week at this point. No number still. Getting desperate!!! Calling NVC daily, they are never helpful for any additional information :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, H-H said:

Hey guys! I got a cc today!! Ours is a pivot case.

NOA 2: November 15, 2017

USCIS Case sent: December 29, 2017

NVC Case Received: January 9, 2018

Case number assigned: February 22, 2018

Documents submitted online (SD): March 5, 2018

First checklist: March 16, 2018

Second SD: March 16, 2018

CC: March 27, 2018

Now waiting for Islamabad Embassy to schedule an interview! For all those with pivot cases, it does take a long time to get the case number but the process goes pretty fast after that so hang in there! We got a cc in 21 days even with a checklist!

Is the police certificate required for Pakistan?

4 minutes ago, JBapay said:

For those of you pivot cases who are finally getting case numbers assigned... what are your receive dates at NVC? Trying to understand where they are at on the pivots because we are Feb 2nd and in our 8th week at this point. No number still. Getting desperate!!! Calling NVC daily, they are never helpful for any additional information :( 

Jan 31st here and still waiting...getting frustrated!

Timeline

Hi. I am seeing people say that I can submit the packages before filling out the IV application... but the cover letter says to send in a signed i-864..?/affidavit of Support. Isn’t that the IV application? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
26 minutes ago, lakeslove said:

Hi. I am seeing people say that I can submit the packages before filling out the IV application... but the cover letter says to send in a signed i-864..?/affidavit of Support. Isn’t that the IV application? 

Iv application is done online 💻 The i864 signed and mail it with all supporting evidence. 📬

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hypekicks said:

Iv application is done online 💻 The i864 signed and mail it with all supporting evidence. 📬

Where can I find I-864? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, crmathew1 said:

HEY GUYS!! So some of you may remember my case..I was venting here a lot...lol So my case was sent to the Pivot department on March 12, 2018 and it said NVC received on March 12, 2018 instead of Feb 9, 2018 (when they originally received it) but anywayyyyy...after fighting, crying, arguing, countless emails to asknvc, emailing my congressman, and everythingggg...

I GOT MY CASE NUMBER AND INVOICE NUMBER in an email today!! according to my case number, my case was the first to be created yesterday but I called yesterday and this morning and even talked to a supervisor and they had told me it will take 8 weeks!!! 

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE!! it WILL happen!! God is great!!! I was able to pay IV and AOS bill and they say "processing" now

So your case will be in the electronic processing? If so, that's a good news indeed! :) 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is it necessary to call NVC and request them to send the case to supervisor or will they send it even if I don't request them to? People who have their case #s, did all of you call and requested your case to be sent to the supervisor?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

We are in the same boat. So I got a case # and invoice # like 10 days ago. I went online and filled out the DS-261. Next day I called and had them review it. Then I paid the AOS fee last Friday and it is cleared and is showing 'PAID' now. So my next step should be paying the IV fee and then fill out the DS-261 as well as send the IV docs. My case is a pivot case, which means I will be emailing my documents instead of mailing them. 

From what I was told, the IV fee opens up within  week after reviewing the DS-261. So hopefully I can pay this fee by the end of this week or early next week. 

Good luck

Are you a pivot case? I'm asking this because you've mentioned that you filled out the DS-261. I have heard that people in pivot are not required to fill the DS-261. 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.